Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3751 Old 24th Feb 2022 at 4:02 AM Last edited by Elynda : 24th Feb 2022 at 5:37 AM.
The News from Finnington...

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Scholar
#3752 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 4:17 PM
I built a Supernatural Hangout for my sims to run and on it I put Grimmy's Door of Life and Death so every once in a while he pops out and dances for a few minutes in the club. Best placement of that door so far.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#3753 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 11:15 PM
When somebody talks to you and you don't care at all .. that's just happened to Liam. Alienor the vampire didn't answer him. She was right, Liam is a pain in the booty,a very nasty warlock ! I am lmao.

Screenshots

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Lab Assistant
#3755 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm sorry, I don't really read this thread, but I'm curious what do you mean a mod to fix this? Because I'm under the impression that this is actually correct. Having a kid outside of wedlock means having a kid with someone that is not your spouse. If Matthew had kids with another woman other than his wife, that is the exact meaning of having a kid outside of wedlock. Also, if you had the kid with your partner (ie girlfriend/fiance) but not married to her, it would also fit the definition of having a kid outside of wedlock.

This would be the same for the female as well. If Catherine has kids which are not with her husband, that's having kids outside of wedlock. Or if Catherine has kids with her partner, but not married yet, that would also be having kids outside of wedlock. So I am not sure what you are trying to fix.

I can only surmise perhaps you are saying b/c Catherine is a female and married, people would not know her kids were outside of wedlock unless a DNA test was done. Well, I still think it is correct b/c this is a "rumor," which in real life are not always factually substantiated. And rumors often occur when the children don't look like their parents, etc...

The last part is what I meant, yeah. At least that's what I would think irl (can't exactly buy the "kids don't look like the parents" reasoning as there's many exceptions out there)
Alchemist
#3756 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 5:48 PM
Baby Lakelyn just had her second birthday.

Mad Poster
#3758 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 7:16 AM
I'm panicking at how much stuff there suddenly is to learn after I took advantage of the Steam sale lol. I went from just barely getting started with the basegame to suddenly having EVERYTHING and it's definitely overwhelming!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#3759 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I'm panicking at how much stuff there suddenly is to learn after I took advantage of the Steam sale lol. I went from just barely getting started with the basegame to suddenly having EVERYTHING and it's definitely overwhelming!

I'm sure that's going to be a good problem to have eventually. I've been coping very well. ;-)
In the meantime, I would just focus on each expansion with a separate save and sim household and world. Play an active career with Ambitions, have 10 babies with generations, go traveling on WA, etc.
Mad Poster
#3760 Old 19th Mar 2022 at 10:21 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Mar 2022 at 10:54 PM.
For the first time in TWO YEARS...after gaining closure on Grant Imahara's death...I peeked in on a house of roommates. My simself, Satoshi Sakamoto (a character I made in an AI program at the beginning of the COVID pandemic) and George Clooney's simself (still guilty of the celebrity sin). My simself and Satoshi had a baby and he was born with platinum blond hair. We named him Ten, a Japanese root word meaning Heaven or celestial as he's our little piece of Heaven even when he raises hell. Around that time, George moved out. Ten is currently a toddler and we took him for a walk around the neighborhood at night to get him accustomed to the daily and nightly changes. Satoshi, being a horror genre fan, had a playful way of getting Ten to enjoy eldritch terror like I did as a child: Attack with The Claw!

They're a young couple and they want Ten to be a Genius, Disciplined and Brave child.

I also looked in on my Sailor Moon world and it was still the same as I left it. Rei Hino is working on her Fire Blast and Usagi is still creeped out by Mamoru.

Man, when life gets in the way of your passions, you do need a step back to prioritize your work-life balance.

Maybe my case manager would love to hear my progress of getting back into my hobbies I abandoned during the pandemic.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#3761 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 9:17 PM
Finally I can see a club filled with sims. So heartwarming
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
Mad Poster
#3762 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 2:26 AM
Satoshi and my simself watched as Ten aged up to a Child and because we were such good parents, we chose for him to be Brave.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#3763 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 3:35 AM
Zeke Rubie, Finnington's oldest resident (and former Mayor) finally headed for the last round up.

I had to go way back through my archives to find a picture of him and Ella-Mae in their prime. This one was taken when both they and the Fordyces still lived in Autumn Falls.

I was beginning to think Zeke would live forever. In fact I was getting a bit worried that some of the elders in Finnington had gone well over the thirty days I'd set for them. But, one by one, they've been popping off, and Ella-Mae won't be long in following Zeke. And that will be all of that first generation finally gone. The end of an era.

R.I.P. Zeke.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#3764 Old 29th Mar 2022 at 4:53 AM
I gave some of my Sims makeovers and have been going a little too crazy with custom content since merging most of it and discovering how much that makes a difference. I have a lot of cleaning up to do though, lol.

Decided that Jacqui looks amazing without makeup and this makeover looks nice. I'll keep that in mind when she ages up into a young adult...which will take a very long time but I have a better idea of how I want her to look now.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Mad Poster
#3765 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I gave some of my Sims makeovers and have been going a little too crazy with custom content since merging most of it and discovering how much that makes a difference. I have a lot of cleaning up to do though, lol.

Decided that Jacqui looks amazing without makeup and this makeover looks nice. I'll keep that in mind when she ages up into a young adult...which will take a very long time but I have a better idea of how I want her to look now.

Love the hair on Jacqui...it literally speaks volumes.

Forum Resident
#3766 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 2:57 PM
Have to reboot everything elsewhere in a town that is fixed by ellacharmed because lucky palms is not playable at all.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#3767 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 10:16 PM
I played a little in Juuban. Took forever to get past the main menu today because the game screen would be on for a split second and send me back to the desktop.

If this isn't an isolated incident now that my gaming tower is powered by Windows 11, tell me and I will locate any solutions.

I played a little in Juuban (the neighborhood in Sailor Moon) and the Inner Guardians were gathered around the portal to the future, albeit I shut it off.

Usagi was busy with the Moon Stick, practicing until she ran almost out of power...then she conjured an apple and the well of magic ran dry.

Top Secret Researcher
#3768 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 11:05 PM
After many years, I started playing in Isla Paradiso. It's not so bad but I won't be doing a legacy there. With all the boats and piers, some odd things happen. Like the burglar that beat up my sim, runs out of the houseboat along the pier and past the cop who leisurely walks up to the house. "unfortunately, it looks like the burglar got away." You don't say.
"we'll get him next time". I highly doubt it.
Top Secret Researcher
#3770 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm always curious, but never tried it, but can you lock your door after the burglar got in?

You mean lock the burglar in so they can't get out? I doubt it. Although, theoretically, if we know the name, one should be able to lock those doors. Somehow I feel that would create an Error Trap entry at the least.
Instructor
#3771 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 12:44 AM
Put up one of the burgler alarms, that seems to scare them off.
Top Secret Researcher
#3772 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 1:33 AM
You'd think a moving houseboat would get out of the way of a meteor. You'd be wrong.
House boat in shambles, but sims are still alive. No thanks to the fire guy who couldn't help himself and started flirting with one of my sims instead of helping to put out the fires.
Inventor
#3773 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Put up one of the burgler alarms, that seems to scare them off.

I wonder if it's just because Island Paradise Police are slow or just "slow" I had the same thing happen twice and I was in a regular house. I cloned an unsuspecting looking plant and made it a burglar alarm. So now I just place it randomly around yards everywhere.
Inventor
#3774 Old 9th Apr 2022 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
You'd think a moving houseboat would get out of the way of a meteor. You'd be wrong.
House boat in shambles, but sims are still alive. No thanks to the fire guy who couldn't help himself and started flirting with one of my sims instead of helping to put out the fires.

I would think a meteor is much faster than the chug speed of a Houseboat? Just a thought and sometimes a guy has to get his priorities in order...
Mad Poster
#3775 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:29 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Apr 2022 at 7:44 PM. Reason: Grammatical and Correction
Well, I made a new world, a new household based on Lupin the Third and it took a while to make accurate suits as suits and ties aren't located in outfits in CAS (logically it would make sense, but suits and neckties were separates). I had a kimono\hakama outfit for men, so Goemon was easy. Fujiko...too easy (bust slider)

The first want from Lupin's gang (all four of them): obtain one cut gem. (Lupin III is the grandson of a jewel thief, it stands to reason they go after treasure, but I just generated their world and themselves, so I will take time to build a hideout and it's near Stoney Falls in Sunset Valley. It takes a while for gatherables to generate.)

EDIT: The university mascot started hitting on Goemon, Fujiko is hitting on Jigen, I merged myself with their household and did a "Heat of the Moment" kiss with Jigen, who swiftly rejected me. But then again, he did that incredibly dumb move of catching his hook in the seat of his pants while casting out and flipped backwards while fishing.

Edit: Fujiko passed out on the lawn due to lack of beds and Jigen did a "Heat of the Moment" to me. Now we BOTH have the Rejected First Kiss and Creeped Out buffs. I tried giving Jigen a Emerald cut Emerald I cut myself from an emerald I found. He rejected my gift saying he doesn't know me well enough to accept it.

(I intentionally left out Zenigata as I will build him later and place him waaaaay across town.)

Edit: Jigen and my simself finally had our first kiss but we're struggling to stay together. We even WooHooed in the hot tub skinny dipping.

Page 151 of 161