Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That's part of the game, though. Not the impossible and unwanted situation you describe with toddlers, but I mean when a sim is already that hungry, tired, bladder-filled, lonely, stressed, etc. then everything becomes less efficient and takes more time (including that which is ultimately meant to relieve the condition) to do. Or at least that's the way I see it. We're not supposed to let our sims or their toddlers get that hungry before taking care of their needs if we don't want to see the complaint animations and suffer the delayed intended actions, they aren't just to inform the player who likely already knows these conditions are there by then.

Of course I don't know of anyone who is 100% effective at taking care of conditions before they happen every time especially when inactive, not player-controlled sims are around.

I suppose, though, maybe the game also didn't intend for a single sim and the butler to take care of six toddlers at a time.. It kept happening every few sim days, so I've made changes and started a new family with only four toddlers at a time, and it's much more manageable-- No more endless loops of complaining about crying instead of feeding the toddlers that need to be fed. Still, if there were a mod like that it might be more possible for there to be such a large amount of toddlers at the same time..
Advertisement
Theorist
#127 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:13 PM
Fix parties. Do not have people crashing and going to bed when the guests come over. How can you have a good party when the host suddenly gets exhausted and has to go to sleep? I guess you could "cheat" and just restore everyone's energy but what is the point of the game if you have to do that.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 2:52 PM Last edited by PizzaPartyForever : 11th Feb 2019 at 6:10 PM.
less of a mod thing and more of a cc thing but; i REALLY want an OMSP that that shifts vertically when you hold alt (the way paintings do) instead of having to manually shift+click a billion times the way we currently have too.

also less of a mod thing and more of an actually impossible thing, but man i really wish we had the ability to resize/place artwork wherever you want on a wall because it's pretty much the only cool thing sims 4 can do.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 10:05 AM
A mod for merged or combined lots like residential and community togehter, or two different community lot types on the same lot.

And a mod to replace the default cars in Roaring Heights (Firetruck, Taxi, Policecar...) with defaults looking like 1930s one.
Site Helper
#131 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever

also less of a mod thing and more of an actually impossible thing, but man i really wish we had the ability to resize/place artwork wherever you want on a wall because it's pretty much the only cool thing sims 4 can do.

The Resizer OMSP by buhudain does work for that, although it is still subject to the need for half a million clicks to get things the right height and size. (Well, not size, unless you need to use more than one resizer to fine-tune the scale. Which I usually do.)

I'm posting the link for a WCIF thread to it, since some people apparently have trouble accessing the original post. http://modthesims.info/t/582238

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Don't need a mod. Try this. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=599598

Thanks, but it's not what I had in mind.
I mean a real Lot-mod, which lets say have a working Pet store AND a working Library or Beachclub or something on the same Lot. Not only the famous rabbithole rugs.
Top Secret Researcher
#133 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 12:55 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 2nd Apr 2019 at 1:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Expect No Mercy
A mod for merged or combined lots like residential and community togehter, or two different community lot types on the same lot.

And a mod to replace the default cars in Roaring Heights (Firetruck, Taxi, Policecar...) with defaults looking like 1930s one.

You can combine the registers on the same lot. A pet store (need pet register) and book store register. Or combine rabbit hole rugs - Police and Military, for example. I believe you can put a register on a lot with a rabbit hole but it's probably best to stick with one or the other (I think it has to do with the "opportunities" in the game, it gets it all mixed up?). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I've not used this mod as yet but others have - http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ - used to make your residental lot to work like a business. I believe it's used in conjuction with this mod - https://www.nraas.net/community/Shop-From-Inventory

For more info read:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...a-home-business
https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...-ticket-machine
https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic7023

I will add - Mods I'd like to see is one for the Pizza Oven and the Teppanyaki Grill to work like the Business as Usual Oven. I want chef's for those specific ovens, please!!!
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 2:03 PM
Thanks that helps, I will test it.

Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I will add - Mods I'd like to see is one for the Pizza Oven and the Teppanyaki Grill to work like the Business as Usual Oven. I want chef's for those specific ovens, please!!!

Yes, this would be nice!
Site Helper
#135 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 4:34 PM

I've not used this mod as yet but others have - http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ - used to make your residental lot to work like a business. I believe it's used in conjuction with this mod - https://www.nraas.net/community/Shop-From-Inventory
:

It can be used like that, but it's also used to have sims paying to hang out in a gym, art gallery, "theater," etc. until they either get tired or run out of spendable cash. (or until they are sent home when the business closes.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#136 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 9:03 PM

Arsil was able to do that to the massage table here (http://modthesims.info/d/559245/pro...sage-table.html)- I wonder if any of the code could be carried over to the other objects?
Test Subject
#138 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 11:46 PM
I wish we had a lot trait for non-profit buisnesses. I have a vet clinic that i really don't wanna earn money from, the people that own it are just really passionate about animals and don't wanna make a profit from it.
Lab Assistant
#139 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:55 AM
@nitromon: That helps me a lot. Shouldn't be possible to have different cash registers for solving the open hour problem? Btw I think the Petshop is a custom lot type from the Store file.

There is ANI MODS Business As Unusual Bistro Mod over at nraas. Maybe it's possible to edit this for the other objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#141 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:36 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 3rd Apr 2019 at 1:00 PM.
@nitromon: That helps me a lot. Shouldn't be possible to have different cash registers for solving the open hour problem? Btw I think the Petshop is a custom lot type from the Store file.

There is ANI MODS Business As Unusual Bistro Mod over at nraas. Maybe it's possible to edit this for the other objects.

Yes, I have this mod and I love it. But I know nothing about creating mods or editing mods - I leave that to others that already know how to do that sort of thing. I am tempted, however, to learn how to convert objects because there are SO many items for Sims 2 that I feel need to be converted and haven't been...as yet. I just don't have alot of time or patience to learn it at this point. I just recently learned how to use Create a Pattern (which has been around for almost 10 years).

I think the pet shop register was available only with a limited edition of the Pets expansion. Can be found elsewhere if you know where to look. If I recall - the lot itself was available to download after registering that expansion. I have it in my purchase history and it says "free".

This is another mod I'd like to see created -where you can have an actual pet shop that sells puppies and kittens. As it is now, it only sells the critter type animals that you can find throughout the game.
I think, if you can collect enough of those critters you can set up a shop using the Savvy Sellers stuff - (as seen here http://simplemindedsims.com/2017/02...er%20pet%20shop ) - Not as fun as puppies and kittens.
Mad Poster
#142 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:08 AM
More akin to CC than mods, but I'd love to see more vintage (pre-1950) and wacky cars. Like an ice cream truck or a 1920s LeMans racer. Just something different than what's currently offered by FP. UI has a good collection of vintage, but still just not enough so everybody in MH can have a different car.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#143 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 2:13 AM
I would love semi-permanent moodlets (maybe lasting for weeks) made to roughly represent long-term conditions.

Not a huge buff or debuff, but maybe just enough to slightly impact the baseline mood.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
More akin to CC than mods, but I'd love to see more vintage (pre-1950) and wacky cars. Like an ice cream truck or a 1920s LeMans racer. Just something different than what's currently offered by FP. UI has a good collection of vintage, but still just not enough so everybody in MH can have a different car.

Said before: I want a replacement for RH default cars, like taxi, policecar, firetruck...
Mad Poster
#145 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 4:16 PM
Said before: I want a replacement for RH default cars, like taxi, policecar, firetruck...

Not the hardest thing to do IMO, you will need to create or find a replacement vehicle first, and then override the default IDs in S3PE.

Probably the hardest thing to do is to create the car in the first place lol
Mad Poster
#147 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 10:56 PM
I've converted one of FP's TS2 cars to TS3, and since he made 3 versions of it (civilian, taxi, police), I could eventually default-replace the latter two vehicles with this model. It's a nice, typical 80s sedan. Exactly the sort of thing you'd find in Bridgeport circa 1988.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#148 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 1:25 AM Last edited by HarVee : 5th Apr 2019 at 1:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
I've converted one of FP's TS2 cars to TS3, and since he made 3 versions of it (civilian, taxi, police), I could eventually default-replace the latter two vehicles with this model. It's a nice, typical 80s sedan. Exactly the sort of thing you'd find in Bridgeport circa 1988.

I'd so be interested in that Impala if you ever wanted to share it. I'm trying to make my game world feel older too, albeit older than the '80s, but hey an '80s sedan is still older than the those '90s/2000s EA cars.

I wish I had the knowledge to convert his cars. I'd convert the '29 Lincoln, '32 Dodge, '36 Opel, '30 Packard, '48 Torpedo, and the 2035 Audi for my game.

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Not the hardest thing to do IMO, you will need to create or find a replacement vehicle first, and then override the default IDs in S3PE.

Probably the hardest thing to do is to create the car in the first place lol

There isn't any '20s or '30s service vehicles that I know of for TS3. All the vintage cars I've found are civilian models. For a taxi or police it might be easy to take an existing car and add the needed details, but a firetruck would have to be meshed from scratch or maybe converted from like a GTA mod or something. Neither of which are in my skillset otherwise I'd have already done it for my time warped Midnight Hollow.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#149 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 8:07 AM
While I don't like the gameplay of TS4 overall, there are some things I really miss now that I'm back at TS3. I know most of my wishes aren't feasible, but it's a WISH list. So here goes my dream TS4 to TS3 list.

Build/Buy - I LOVE TS4 building. The roof making is SO much easier. I love the ceiling heights, sub basements (though the basement building tool in TS3 is way easier ) I love that you can pick up and move stuff around and have different size foundations. I like the friezes -- oh man. I kinda wish I could build a house in TS4 and then move it to TS3. In TS2 and TS3 im not big into building, but building is about all I really enjoy in TS4 -- until I get frustrated that I can't CAST!

Just about everything is shiftable on the walls, and its easier to stuff things on shelves. WAY too many times in TS3, I find out my shelves are too tiny to hold collectables without OSMP, I hate the collecting in TS4, BUT at least the game has the good shelves.

I know there's OSMP, but I wish you could resize, raise lower -- all the cheaty object stuff TS4 added. Love it. Especially on outdoor plants. I like having different size plants and I really miss not being able to rezise them on the fly in TS3.

Searchable database - how many times do I have to look up online to find out where stuff is on TS3? Too many!
--
CAS -
Better diversity *defaults* I don't like that I need to have a non-default face replacement to make better asian sims. Also, many of the preset eyes and noses .. many look like bad imitations of various racial features. (especially the eyes!) It's very easy to make a wide variety of racially diverse sims that LOOK GOOD. While I'm not a fan of the clay hair, I do like that there are a lot more afro textured hair too.

The gender settings. I love that you can make transgender and nonbinary sims. I love ALL of that. Its not just about unlocking the clothing and hair (but it's nice that the hair and clothing fit better on opposite gender without fixing it in milkshape) I like that you can have a sim with opposite sex voices. Or choose if that specific sim could get pregnant, impregnate others or both. LOVE it.

And I love the search features in CAS. I like that I can ask for short hair/wavy texture or whatever.

Gameplay:

I miss multitasking, I didn't really think much about it while playing TS4, but I miss it. My households in TS4 had stronger social bonds because they could talk to each other while they were skilling/working.. in TS3, I have to be careful with my sims and remember to force them to stop everything and chat with each other. Almost everything else about TS4 seemed sterile and forced, but being able to socialize while doing otherstuff is AWESOME!

I love TS4 toddlers. I was mad as heck they didn't come with the base game, but they really did a good job working them out. I love that toddlers can interract more with the world around them, play and learn. I love that they can get out of bed on their own, feed themselves (yet not turn on the TV... grrr) LOVE the toddlers. They have more depth than the kids teens and adults. Wish they put as much thought into the rest of the life stages!

I like the non controllable pets. I don't like playing the pets in TS3.. probably a very unpopular opinion, but I just don't get into playing them. I wonder if you can move them in as roommates and just take care of them with whatever nraas mod lets you add a sim as a roommate.

--
The non TS3 stuff -- CASTABLE or at least RECOLORABLE roofs!!! Why is this not a thing?
Mad Poster
#150 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I like the non controllable pets. I don't like playing the pets in TS3.. probably a very unpopular opinion, but I just don't get into playing them. I wonder if you can move them in as roommates and just take care of them with whatever nraas mod lets you add a sim as a roommate.

This actually does work, the mod is MasterController. We can also make them non-selectable members of the household by way of an MC command and thus left to their own autonomy without giving them the formal roommate designation.
Page 6 of 35