Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:34 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 23rd Aug 2019 at 9:53 PM.
Default Terraced Housing [TS2]
As a lot of you may know, my first mini set was these caravans here . Now I'm thinking of doing another one, but terraced houses. Here's what I've got so far:

They're being shrunk and connected in the same way as this tutorial . It's working, but the backs are concerning.

A lot of English terraced houses have a section at the back that sticks out like that. The roof is the problem in the way that it's connected to the adjacent lot. Is there any way I could improve this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:45 AM
OMG ! It's just gorgeous!
When you mentioned English houses, I just remembered of Shakespeare's house! I think the outdoor lighting like at picture will be suit here. Do take a chance to M&G outdoor lamppost here!
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 4:53 PM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 27th Aug 2019 at 8:42 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
OMG ! It's just gorgeous!
When you mentioned English houses, I just remembered of Shakespeare's house! I think the outdoor lighting like at picture will be suit here. Do take a chance to M&G outdoor lamppost here!

I might put a light in front of one of them, while keeping it at a starter budget.

At the moment, I'm wondering if the joint I showed above looks okay, considering that you have to do that weird thing with rowhouses.

Update: I flipped the house so that the backs match up.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 11:16 AM
Flipping it is probably the best solution. A flat roof should work too, but might look too dull.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#5 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 12:12 PM
Where you draw the row wall over ideally you want it to connect to a wall on the other side to give that joined seamless look. The house next door could be made a little larger or build back further from the road so they meet. It's tricky since each one is a different shape, but they still need walls to meet together if you want them to not do that odd thing with the wall.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Where you draw the row wall over ideally you want it to connect to a wall on the other side to give that joined seamless look. The house next door could be made a little larger or build back further from the road so they meet. It's tricky since each one is a different shape, but they still need walls to meet together if you want them to not do that odd thing with the wall.

I'm building all of the houses to be the same shape with minor tweaks on the outside and layout differences on the inside.
Theorist
#7 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:00 AM
Hello. I came up to building british rowhouses and I found a solution now. Butthat's too late for the answer your question. I like those series of houses you published. That does make so much sense to me today. Thank you.
Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.