Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2020 at 10:05 PM
Default [inquiry, not request] Bands and Singers - Concept feasibility
The lack of including a singer in a band has been a sore point among Simmers since introduced. I have a theory on a method to approach such a mod.

I do not have any modding experience in the sims, as such, before I dive into this project I would like to get an estimation on the concept from those with experience.

So, here's the concept.

Keep it simple.
Edit band membership to include more than 4 members.
Use the audio from Showtime as the entire audio playback. Disregard individual instruments, just play the audio as is synced to the singer.
-If an individual plays the Showtime song its the entire ensemble audio played.
Unlock the Showtime music through the regular band progression.
Mod an instrument that utilizes the Showtime singer animation.

So, realistic? Pipe-dream?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 7:21 PM
If a (or shall I use 'the' for a dedicated coder) modder doesn't mind going further, why not just allow him to choose a song to perform? Like from ,as nitromon suggested, cultural songs taught from foreigners, the songs from the home stereo, or those of showtime singer's career, and etc.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 9:26 PM
Sounds amazing if could be done. It's such a shame bands were so half-assed, they had so much potential.

Quote: Originally posted by lizard4206988
Mod an instrument that utilizes the Showtime singer animation.

It probably would need to use the (hidden) singer skill as well, as it's tied to the career and progress...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 10:18 PM
Definitely this, would definitely make bands more interesting. How would the songs work though? I don't think they'd match up with what the LN songs have to offer.

Personally, the Showtime careers should have been totally open-ended for the player to show off any skill they had (i.e. think of a gig where you sim demonstrates how to paint/cook, or plays the guitar). The band system should have been gutted and integrated into the Showtime system as well, much like vampires were redone in SN.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jan 2020 at 10:56 PM
OP is offering to disable the sound of the instruments entirely, as the audio file be playing...

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
OP is offering to disable the sound of the instruments entirely, as the audio file be playing...

Exactly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If a (or shall I use 'the' for a dedicated coder) modder doesn't mind going further, why not just allow him to choose a song to perform? Like from ,as nitromon suggested, cultural songs taught from foreigners, the songs from the home stereo, or those of showtime singer's career, and etc.

And yes to this as well, but that would be a phase two goal -custom music channel.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Jan 2020 at 6:45 AM
Right now this is how I'm thinking of approaching things.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kitabalibar about using Dance Rug http://modthesims.info/d/470454/dan...-animation.html as the instrument object for the singer.
When playing a song/jam from the vanilla band music, use those dance animations.
When its time to pull out the mic. Play the singer's audio and animations, cut the audio output from all other band members and keep their animations rolling.

The singer's animations/music I know is programmed to be able to improvise the progression of their songs, but I'd personally prefer to keep it simple and just play the default clips.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Jan 2020 at 4:25 PM
I appreciate all the support presented thus far, but I think my original inquiry has gone undressed. For those that have experience modding, is this concept a realistic goal?
Scholar
#12 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizard4206988
I appreciate all the support presented thus far, but I think my original inquiry has gone undressed. For those that have experience modding, is this concept a realistic goal?

I have no experience with bands or singers. I have some experience with routing and animations. So I believe it is possible to play the animation without the sound from the instruments.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2020 at 4:02 AM
Anyone who wanted to keep tabs on this I've started a new thread in the modding section: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=637425