Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2020 at 1:32 AM
Default Bald heads in CAS after deleting custom content
Does deleted cc sometimes leave... traces? I did a major cc purge and now I'm left with quite a few "bald heads" in my CAS hairstyles section. I also have an eyeshadow that makes my sim have devil-eyes, and two lipsticks that make him all white-faced. I paid attention to clear my caches afterwards, so I don't know what might be causing this. Is it normal for deleted cc to leave traces like this in CAS? This is the same thing that happened back in TS2 when I downloaded a hairstyle without downloading the mesh first. It's not the case here, but the result is quite the same...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2020 at 2:07 AM
I always delete thumbnail cache and my world cache if I have hang overs
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2020 at 10:37 AM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 7th May 2020 at 4:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
I always delete thumbnail cache and my world cache if I have hang overs

Thanks simsmidgen, I'll try that too! I also found a source on the web that said if you have any sims saved to your sim library (in CAS) that is wearing the content you deleted, remnants of the deleted content can "stick" on those .sim files and hang around in your CAS menu. The only way to get rid of the bald heads is to clean up your sim library from sims wearing those items completely.

Edit: Oh no, who disagreed with my post? Dear commenter, please share any feedback if it means fixing my game!

Also, this was the source I read those stuff from: http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.c...-in-sims-3.html I had assumed that cleaning out my Saved Sims folder would get rid of any sims that have these bad cc stuck on them, but it didn't... Does this mean I have to hunt down every townie in my saves that were wearing these bad cc?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2020 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
As far as I know, most of the time the game will just replace the hair with another random hair. But I have seen times where sims have not just a bald head, but their top scalp is missing and you can see into their head.

Have you had any luck getting rid of the bald heads and missing scalps?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2020 at 10:55 AM
Just edit the sim and give them a new hair.

In case you don't know how, type "testingcheatsenabled true" and shift click "edit in cas"

Oh sure I know that method. I meant did you get rid of them from yoru CAS catalog? Or didn't you have them in your catalog in the first place?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2020 at 6:09 PM
if you remove either the simpack or the package file, it should remove them from the catalog. the only instance i know where it remains is if you are using CASP editor. in that case, i think you need to use the CASP editor's own purge program (which takes a long time) or use NRAAS dresser, then right click on the cc in question in CAS to get the instance number. then open your CASP editor package file and delete it manually.

Yes I am using CASP editor! So that is causing my problem, after all? I'l try the purge program method since I don't have any experience going inside package files and editing them manually. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th May 2020 at 11:55 AM
if you remove either the simpack or the package file, it should remove them from the catalog. the only instance i know where it remains is if you are using CASP editor. in that case, i think you need to use the CASP editor's own purge program (which takes a long time) or use NRAAS dresser, then right click on the cc in question in CAS to get the instance number. then open your CASP editor package file and delete it manually.

Hi again nitromon, when you mention CASP editor's own purge program, you mean the "clear missing CASP" command, right?