Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#376 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
In all other SIMs games we, the player is the "Asshole" who enjoy killing off our SIMs by dubious ways.

I only kill off townies/NPCs in dubious ways. My playables are safe (well from that, I'm a bit of a control freak and I make my sims do what I want most of the time, even if it's not what they want, especially the ones that want to cheat on the spouse I picked for them....)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#377 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 5:28 PM
The sims already have a God. I used master controller and added the "on fire" moodlet and smote the stupid sim. I even used debug and made a lightning strike another.
Lab Assistant
#378 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
The thing is, the god they worship is Medieval, is the player - we are the Watcher.

Well then one religion could believe in the player and another could believe in ol' Grim and maybe the insane sims could worship Llamas. If EA really wanted to include shit like this, trust me I don't think it would be that hard lol
Instructor
#379 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 11:14 PM
I really wouldn't want EA to open that can of worms >.>
Top Secret Researcher
#380 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
... The stained-glass windows at the top were the only things that gave it away. They look blue in the pic but shone purple/pink in the sunlight and the light revealed the dove symbol.
Minor correction -- I believe that Unity of the Valley is not a Unitarian-Universalist group. Unity has an FAQ that describes the differences between them and the UU's. I doubt that either one would be inclined to beat the other one up over theological differences; they're just two different things.
Space Pony
#381 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I just don't approve of any religion telling me what is right and what is wrong, because people makes it into something to use to defend their actions. I don't want that.

Kind of how the corrupt & crooked use "the law" to work for their crooked ways.

And the innocent "paying" for crimes they didn't commit because the other party "could pay for the law"...

Yeah Man's laws are flawed as well, which is why I'd rather we humans go back to being "uncivilized" savages... At least in nature there is one universal law... "Survival of the fittest". In our human society it's "Survival of the filthiest richest".
Forum Resident
#382 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Minor correction -- I believe that Unity of the Valley is not a Unitarian-Universalist group. Unity has an FAQ that describes the differences between them and the UU's. I doubt that either one would be inclined to beat the other one up over theological differences; they're just two different things.

You may be right. Perhaps it is classified as a New Thought church, since that is what I believe I was looking for at the time, now that I recall. Even so, they accepted members of all religions, and, although they were Christ-centered, also incorporated teachings from all religions, which I guess is why I thought it was UU.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#383 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 4:37 PM
Unity is a very different church than Unitarian. I visited one once and it was very nice, very gentle and loving. The people were fantastic. I could see a Unity church in the Sims. The Unitarian Universalist symbol is a lighted chalice, very pretty! We light one every Sunday before service.
dodgy builder
#384 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:15 PM

And the innocent "paying" for crimes they didn't commit because the other party "could pay for the law"...

Yeah Man's laws are flawed as well, which is why I'd rather we humans go back to being "uncivilized" savages... At least in nature there is one universal law... "Survival of the fittest". In our human society it's "Survival of the filthiest richest".

The rich people in your country probably has a religious reason why they have to be rich
Space Pony
#385 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:29 PM
Here's proof of how injustice favors the Corrupt, filthy rich & in power...

The Vizconde Massacre -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizconde_massacre

Quote:
Decision

On January 6, 2000, Judge Tolentino rendered her decision, finding Hubert Webb, Peter Estrada, Hospicio Fernandez, Michael Gatchalian, Antonio Lejano II and Miguel Rodriguez guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the crime of rape with homicide. They were sentenced to reclusion perpetua and ordered to indemnify the Vizconde family Php 3 million for the murders. Two of the accused remain fugitives from the law: Joey Filart and Artemio Ventura. Former Parañaque City policeman Gerardo Biong was found guilty as an accessory for burning bedsheets and tampering with other evidence in the crime.

And yet...

Quote:
On October 8, 2010, Webb filed an urgent motion for acquittal. On November 26, 2010, Lauro Vizconde voiced his concern to media about the purported lobbying of Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio for the reversal of the guilty verdict. Carpio testified for the defense during the trial. The Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption(VACC) asked Justice Antonio Carpio and his cousin Justice Conchita Carpio-Morales to take a leave while the case is being decided to avoid undue influence on the court's decision. This was categorically denied by the Supreme Court as Justice Carpio had in fact inhibited himself from the case and was not going to take part in the deliberation.

On December 14, 2010, the Supreme Court reversed the earlier judgment of the lower court and Court of Appeals and acquitted seven of the nine accused, including Hubert Webb, finding that the prosecution failed to prove that the accused were guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The High Court put to question the quality of the testamentary evidence furnished by the witnesses. No acquittal has been made as to the two accused, Filart and Ventura, who remain at-large. Of the 15 Justices, 7 voted for acquittal while four dissented and four Justices, including Carpio, did not participate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKAIRiRRs6M

Justice prevails eh? :P

And another one...

Maguindanao massacre -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maguindanao_massacre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rbmInSKB4
Top Secret Researcher
#386 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 9:43 PM
Is that really on-topic, CRV?
Space Pony
#387 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
Is that really on-topic, CRV?

Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I just don't approve of any religion telling me what is right and what is wrong, because people makes it into something to use to defend their actions. I don't want that. I want people to have to defend their own actions agains other humans.

Does that answer your question? :P

If you people are too lazy to look up people's older posts on this thread you better just leave...
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#388 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 11:56 PM
You know, for every post of how "Justice favors the corrupt" there is one where Justice is served and those who did wrong are punished accordingly. I would post some myself, but that would be OFF TOPIC, as this is a thread about religion in the Sims games.
Alchemist
#389 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 1:40 AM
should religion be a sims 3 addition?
short answer: no.
long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#390 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
You know, for every post of how "Justice favors the corrupt" there is one where Justice is served and those who did wrong are punished accordingly.

For once, I'll have to agree with CRV13. In our country, justice being served accordingly is rather...well, it doesn't happen. I think it's better to let a few crazies go free than force thousands of innocents to become fugitives.

Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
I would post some myself, but that would be OFF TOPIC, as this is a thread about religion in the Sims games.

Maybe CRV13 should make a separate thread where we can argue about our country all day long.
Instructor
#391 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 9:11 AM
I don't play Sims 3, but this topic has come up in Sims 2, and will probably continue into Sims 4. It seems like some people do want a form of religion, while others just want a place where there Sims can get married or do funerals.

So IF religion comes into play, it should be part of the Sims world. Like others have said the Llama is an on going theme in the games. EA could build an abstract building, with llama's all over the place. Now then, if EA did this, it would take away from players that want a real religion in their games, because Sims will have Llamaism as their religion.

It would also remove the player that feel they are god to their Sims. I don't know in Sims 3, but Sims 2 had this thing of sometimes looking toward you. They also looked to the player when things were not going their way. So, do people want their Sims to ignore them and have them look to a llama for help or just stare of picture of one? Or do you want Sims to look at you?

The only way religion would even work, aside from making it optional, is to make one up, which will be seen as more comical than serious. EA could purchase the rights to the Llama Song, and could be played for a service. Statues of llama's surround the place. A Dali Llama, yes were talking an actual Llama, or a Sim wearing a llama hat as an officiator of the services.

Even though this for Sims 3. I think people would be happy just to have place or places where they build their own, or download buildings of their choice, where they can have weddings and funerals on a community lot. I know that's what I would want. In Sims 2 you could have community lot weddings, but it's not the same as if you had a wedding at their home.

Then religion doesn't even have be part of Sims, unless you as a player adds it via cc or just by playing your Sims as religious Sims.

Anyways, with your rabbit holes, it would probably be something you couldn't see. If that's the case, then what's the point?
dodgy builder
#392 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 9:52 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 10th Jul 2013 at 10:06 AM.
Religion is just too personal to people, making it spesific would just always make someone disgruntled.

On the justice in the Philippines I think it's fun how Europeans and Americans seems to think "justice is served" happens all over the world. It doesn't actually. Some places you only get the justice you pay for Some places suddenly the rulers are kicked out, and you just paid too much.
Field Researcher
#393 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:34 PM Last edited by SommarBlomma : 11th Jul 2013 at 11:41 AM.
Sims doesn't have any "real" religions, but it has a lot of things borrowed from religions and myths from all over the world, like Grim Reaper (from beliefs in life after death found in many religions), the ability to resurrect the dead (reincranation thing?), as well as many supenaturals from various mythologies, even aliens, which can also be considered as modern mythical creatures (there are no 100% proofs they exist, so, yes, they're kinda supernaturals). In this way, they included a bit of mythology into the game, without making it serious and insulting to certain players. People who want their religion represented in game, can always use CC and build their own places of worship. Including religion into sims would be asking for trouble.
Instructor
#394 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:39 PM
Reason why Sims should not have religions/faiths/make-your-own-faith capability:

1 - After seeing the really cool preview and getting super excited, we crash in utter disappointment for how lame they actually made it. It will be so buggy that Twallan and Pescado will be cursing everyone on this thread for giving EA this idea.

2 - The make-your-own religion feature consists of choosing random icons just like the novel writing feature in Sims 2 - and has even less impact on actual play.

3 - If you were a deity, would you want EA to attempt a Sim version of your worship?

4 - The much hyped ability of Simporting your missionaries to other people's games is so buggy it causes the Philippines to completely lose internet service for a week.
Lab Assistant
#395 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
3 - If you were a deity, would you want EA to attempt a Sim version of your worship?
Hell yes I would! Then I could laugh at the dumbest of my creations, trying to make a feature, only to watch them fail. Like always.
Lab Assistant
#396 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
Sims will have Llamaism as their religion.

This sentence made my day.
Field Researcher
#397 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 2:46 AM
Funny, if there is religion, I could make the most religious sim still live a more miserable life than those non religious sims, which is also true in real life.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#398 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 8:30 AM

This thread has gone so far past a sims discussion thread and into Crazytown that I don't see any salvaging it. Perhaps everyone could chill out by playing a game? I hear there's these sims that are fun to play with. Maybe that?
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: WHARGARBL
Page 16 of 16