Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:13 PM
Edit Family Tree... Possible?
i'm pretty sure this is not possible (yet) or is it?

is there a mod out there that allows this?, can it be done trough awsomemod?

or can it be done trough a package editor? like the SimPE for TS2
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:27 PM
If you have AwesomeMod, type 'setconfig enabledebuginteractions true' in the cheat window, ctrl shift click on the sim you want to add to your family tree, choose 'Genealogy' (under the more tab) and then you can edit their relationship
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:32 PM
My god you're a genius thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM
thankyou! I was looking for this answer everywhere!

Chumcha Sims
Home to the Adam Devereaux + Co. Legacy
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 3:58 AM
OMG... more awesome than me, really. There should be a way to make this thread go up in google search, i have been looking for this answer for a week now.

Was about to dump my family and start over again.
Alchemist
#6 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 7:33 AM
THANK YOU! i've been wondering how to do that for a while ..

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 1:15 AM
is there any other way? I tried to put amod into my game, but it won't show up.... (like the game doesn't see it)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonOfSarila
is there any other way? I tried to put amod into my game, but it won't show up.... (like the game doesn't see it)

I think you can do this with the NRaas Super Computer under geneaology somewhere. I've never used this function though, don't need it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 11:50 AM
Yup...you can use NRass Super Computer to edit the family tree

Who says i can't get stoned?? Turn off the lights and the telephone...-John Mayer
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:41 PM
Hello, I wanted to bring up this thrend again cause its very important. On the 26 of October 2010. EA release a new patch for the Asian version of The Sim 3 for the upcoming Late Night. 2.12.8.009001 is the patch that introduced its own breast slider, but the patch also disrupted many mod that help in the Sim 3, Breast Slider mod no longer function. Most Importantly the AWESOME MOD no longer funtion as well, this is very crap cause a lot of the improvement in the Awesome mod, including the FAMILY TREE, CAR VEHICLE supreme commander mod and a whole lot of goodies have unable to be compatible. Is there a way to remake the mod again? Or an updater? Anything?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by willychong8921
Most Importantly the AWESOME MOD no longer funtion as well, this is very crap cause a lot of the improvement in the Awesome mod, including the FAMILY TREE, CAR VEHICLE supreme commander mod and a whole lot of goodies have unable to be compatible. Is there a way to remake the mod again? Or an updater? Anything?

You will need to be patient. By their very nature, Core-mods take a while to update after a Patch as extensive as this one.

I am certain that Pescado will have a new version available eventually.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 6:59 PM
Twallan, however, modestly fails to mention that he has already updated several of HIS mods, including one that lets you set relationships among sims: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...3d6&board=105.0
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by willychong8921
Hello, I wanted to bring up this thrend again cause its very important. On the 26 of October 2010. EA release a new patch for the Asian version of The Sim 3 for the upcoming Late Night. 2.12.8.009001 is the patch that introduced its own breast slider, but the patch also disrupted many mod that help in the Sim 3, Breast Slider mod no longer function. Most Importantly the AWESOME MOD no longer funtion as well, this is very crap cause a lot of the improvement in the Awesome mod, including the FAMILY TREE, CAR VEHICLE supreme commander mod and a whole lot of goodies have unable to be compatible. Is there a way to remake the mod again? Or an updater? Anything?

The solution is to NOT upgrade your game until the creator comes out with a new mod for the new patch. PERIOD!

First off the creators need the new patch and game to make new updates to their mods. It is impossible for them to program for something they do not have.

Second, it takes time. Programming is not easy! It's not push a button and it's done. It takes time and a good brain, much thinking and testing!

Third, sadly enough said creators are human! Meaning they have to eat and sleep. Some of them have families they have to pay attention to. And most of them have jobs they have to go to if they want to do ANY of the aforementioned things! Meaning if they don't go to their job they can't eat or sleep, if they can't do those things then their families are definitely not going to get taken care of and lastly they won't be able to program new updates for their mods! THE HORROR!

I Need to save this somewhere ...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:15 PM
Twallan is not human...he's a god

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrizBehr
Twallan is not human...he's a god

Ohya, I forgot, except Twallan.
Theorist
#16 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 8:24 PM
AM for the new patch is currently in testing, and many others have said Delphy's Breast Slider mod works with the latest patch, so if it doesn't work for you, you must have done something wrong.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 12:10 AM
Haizzz, I thought the new patch only make the bug of running into obstacles have been remove. And I always thought you need the latest patch to play newer mod and lot design. Thanks : ) Oh yes Twallan, Srikandi,Missa Grizbhehr & GnatGoSplat, thanks for your info. : )
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Twallan, however, modestly fails to mention that he has already updated several of HIS mods, including one that lets you set relationships among sims: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.ph...3d6&board=105.0

Since the link for this mod is now dead, can anyone tell me where else it may be downloaded?
Scholar
#19 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:24 PM
Please don't necro. And, if I recall, it was MasterController, so: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....214&topic=932.0

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 12:39 PM
Awesome help
Quote: Originally posted by Alek
If you have AwesomeMod, type 'setconfig enabledebuginteractions true' in the cheat window, ctrl shift click on the sim you want to add to your family tree, choose 'Genealogy' (under the more tab) and then you can edit their relationship

Nice, thank you. I have a huge family and one of the children disappeared once when I updated awesomemod. But her husband and children where still in the family. Now I can take her from an earlier copy of my family and insert her in my family again.
Test Subject
#21 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alek

I've never used any mods ( I don't even know how do you install them and uh..) How this thing works actually? I tried to install the master controller something but it doesn't seem to work... OTL
Theorist
#22 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 11:47 AM
Wow, this thread is really hitting it. Being necroed for the third fourth time, not bad.
Alchemist
#23 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 11:53 AM
Somebody please lock this before it's necroed for the fifth time!
One Minute Ninja'd
#24 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHINshyne
I've never used any mods ( I don't even know how do you install them and uh..) How this thing works actually? I tried to install the master controller something but it doesn't seem to work... OTL

If you don't know how to install mods, it is doubtful the MasterController would actually work for you. Try the tutorials on this site on how to install mods.

Should you decide to use Awesomemod, as was suggested in this thread, back in 2009, be sure to stop by the Awesomemod site, MATY, and post your question about getting it to work there, as it's generally encouraged that you get support for a mod from the creator of the mod.

Please post a new thread to let us know when you decide to do that, as I'm sure a bunch of us would like to go and watch.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 6:08 PM
Page 1 of 2