Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 9:31 PM
to install awesome-mod or not?
hey!

ok i'm thinking of installing awesome mod.
i have installed World Adventures.
I'm just wondering from anybody who has being using it would they recomoend it?

are ye glad ye installed it?

any problems that anyone installing it might want to consider?

any other mods like awesome-mod that might be of interest?

thanks
dec

*apologies if i have put this in the wrong section or somthing lol *
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 9:40 PM
Awesomemod does a heck of a lot of stuff. If you can identify the particular aspects of Awesomemod you're interested in, please feel free to ask for similar mods in the WCIF section (click the auto-link or look under the Help menu). Otherwise, please read about Awesomemod at MATY. With an entire subforum dedicated to its Awesomeness, that's the place to do your research.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 9:44 PM
AwesomeMod is probably the only essential mod for the Sims 3. It does so much that I couldn't live without. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 10:29 PM
thanks for your replies.....ive been looking at posts about it most of them seem to be about people complaining about it rather than people who are actually using it..lol...
Can awesome mod allow you to edit sims in cas? any problems wiht it?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 10:52 PM
Again, I refer you to MATY. This thread exists to provide Awesomemod information: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15531.0.html
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 11:34 PM
i actually prefer the vanilla game to awesomemod. *ducks flying rotten veggies*

just depends on your preference[s] and if youre pleased with your game or not.
[ if not--awesomemod may be for you. go for it.
if you like the game how it is--i wouldnt recommend it. ]

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#7 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by decko
thanks for your replies.....ive been looking at posts about it most of them seem to be about people complaining about it rather than people who are actually using it..lol...
That is because people who are actually using it are not posting about it on the wrong website. Also, because I don't really care for THANKS THIS IS GREAT posts and discourage them as a matter of principle. But ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 2:26 AM
I have installed awesomemod and after a bit of initial tinkering I got it working. Thanks for the constructive comments I received, they were very helpful.

*i was merely expressing genuine gratitude for the people that had taken the time to respont to my post*

dec
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:14 PM
how do you install awesome mod?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:18 PM
Same as any other .package file. Put it in Mods\Packages and then delete your cache files. For further info, please see the Help section. If you have specific problems with Awesomemod, please ask at MATY.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Banned
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:24 PM
On the downside, I don't know if awesomod has been updated for Ambitions. Until it is, you can't use it.

Second, it tends be be a piece of bloto ware. At one point even Pescado acknowledged that you need a pretty fast processor, and probably a lot of memory. A quad core i7 processor with 8 GB memory probably is safe. If you have an older computer, you may experience some major slowdowns. Perhaps Pescado can address the processor and memory needs? I suspect he has a pretty fast computer with lots of memory.

About six months ago, I replaced Awesomemod with Twallan's utilities, which basically do everything I want them to do.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM
One thing I dislike about Awesomemod is that it pops up a warning on a specific date and tells you to update to a newer version. And then it locks you out of the game. You can't run the Sims until you update. It reminds me too much of MS and all their notifications for IE, etc. and I just want to run play the Sims for fun. I keep hoping that changes, and I haven't looked recently to see if it has. Other than that, his website has a lot of good configuration information on it and is worth lurking.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:09 PM
I love AM. I won't play any Sims 2 or 3 without Pescados Mods and fixes.
I think it really enhances the game and helps with those annoying little actions.
You should really go check out MATY. Just remember until you get a feel for their forum style, less posting is best. Lol
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:57 PM
I do think people need to seriously read up on awesomemod before installing, though. It makes massive changes to the game, doing some things you might find undesirable. Also, if you decide to uninstall it, saved games where you've used it will be unplayable. Not knocking Pescado at all, awesomemod has got to be one of the most impressive, and definitely largest mod I've ever come across. I'm just saying it's not the kind of thing you can install and change your mind about without losing anything. I ended up using a handful of other mods to meet my needs instead. I will miss out on certain bug fixes, however. =(
Forum Resident
#15 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:31 PM
Accept No Kewian Based Substitutes!!!
Alchemist
#16 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tjstreak
About six months ago, I replaced Awesomemod with Twallan's utilities, which basically do everything I want them to do.

When I tried AM 6 months ago, it was crashing my game on start up, Twallans mods were a life saver for my game.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:42 PM
I'm still debating whether or not to install awesome mod or not too. I have no idea if it'll work for me or not. I have a hard time getting the mods I really want to work. (Karma?) lol. I install them correctly, but sometimes they just don't bite so it sucks.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 2:10 AM
If you're installing them correctly, and they aren't showing up in your game, then... chances are you aren't installing them correctly

There are mods with bugs, but I don't know of any that do nothing if properly installed.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:16 AM
Lol, well more often than not, there's a bug and I lose the pie menus or the ability to even control my sims. That's the biggest problem. I've followed every step and I've even looked elsewhere for solutions or ways to correctly install them, incase I missed something somewhere else. But usually I just lose the ability to even have my sims interact.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Eminence Grise
#20 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:31 AM
Ah -- well, missing interactions are usually the result of mod conflicts (either with other mods, or with the game version you're using). So the solution there is to research the compatibility of your new mods with your version and with the other mods you're using.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:43 AM
I never understood why there are different game versions. I know that there are, and the startup tells you, but it never made sense to me. I just downloaded a skills mod that allows you to increase the speed of gaining skills, and it's conflicting with something, but I forgot now what exactly the problem in my game was. I should have written it down.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#22 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 6:37 AM
spotlight-shure - Because the game's code changes with expansions, stuff packs, and patches. If, for instance, an EP/SP, or patch updates the "Rock/Gem/Metal" info, and you have a mod that replaced the RGM info from before, then you've got an outdated mod - the mod will still be "working" in that the game will pick it up, but as it's lacking the new info and changes, it may cause unexpected behavior in-game. Same with just about anything - buyable stuff, skill gain, klepto stealing, whatever. Some bits get updated with new EPs/SPs/patches, and some are left as they were, so that's why it's best to check back with the creator, who can compare their mod to the new stuff and see whether they need to make some changes.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
spotlight-shure - Because the game's code changes with expansions, stuff packs, and patches. If, for instance, an EP/SP, or patch updates the "Rock/Gem/Metal" info, and you have a mod that replaced the RGM info from before, then you've got an outdated mod - the mod will still be "working" in that the game will pick it up, but as it's lacking the new info and changes, it may cause unexpected behavior in-game. Same with just about anything - buyable stuff, skill gain, klepto stealing, whatever. Some bits get updated with new EPs/SPs/patches, and some are left as they were, so that's why it's best to check back with the creator, who can compare their mod to the new stuff and see whether they need to make some changes.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me, I appreciate it.

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#24 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 8:11 AM
The main reason to use AwesomeMod is the fact that there are a large number of completely unresolved gamebreaking, potentially gamebreaking, and extremely annoying, bugs in the game that no one else fixes. The actual "changes" are fairly small, since I mostly try to retain the flavor of the original game, and only fix things that are either ridiculously stupid and serve no useful purpose at all, make absolutely zero logical sense, or are simply flat out broken. Anything that isn't one of these 3 categories probably has an off switch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#25 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 8:25 AM
I don't know how you did it but Awesomemod is very customizable. With everything it does, it's quite remarkable, really.

If you don't have it by now, you should probably go get it. It really is essential.
Page 1 of 5