Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 5:49 AM
Sims 3 Changing Lot Sizes and Creating Blank Lots of any Size
I have searched everywhere for this feature in sims 3, but haven't found anything useful yet. As far as i know you can't, but i think it is needed and would be very useful. Has anyone found a way to Change Lot Size's and/or Create a Blank Lot of any Size in Sims 3?

I am not a modder, would like to be, but I don't have much time. If any one has any tips please let me know
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:05 AM
Uh... Well.. You could always use the World Creator Tool to create new lots in the existing neighborhoods...
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:09 AM
without the separate Create A World Tool (downloadable from the Sims 3 website) there is no way to move blank lots into the neighbourhood, however you can bulldoze lots so they are free for using for other purposes than their original purpose.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FadeWolf
Uh... Well.. You could always use the World Creator Tool to create new lots in the existing neighborhoods...

Not really... at present, you can't open existing neighborhoods in CAW (the Create-A-World tool). The tool does come with empty (unbuilt) versions of the Sunset Valley and Riverview terrains, though, so if you don't mind starting with a pretty blank slate, you can redo the lots as you please.

And even in a new hood, you can't resize lots with that tool, though you can delete them and add new, bigger ones.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:20 AM
Default TS3 lot adjuster
Someone who MODs ... PLEEASSSEEE develope this. It is much needed
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 8:23 AM
If you have Ambitions installed you can add blank lots of various sizes to existing neighbourhoods.
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 9:14 AM
If you want to create lots with different sizes... it is possible with awesomemod.

Read: http://fuzzylogicdishwasher.blogspo...booth-tiny.html
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:15 PM
From the latest version of AwesomeMod:
"addlotsize" <width> [x] <height>: Adds custom lot size to the Edit Town lot plopper, so that sizes other than those normally included can be plopped into your neighborhood, so you can place the missing 60x60, 64x32, 32x32, 16x16, etc. lots you wanted. Lot sizes added in this manner persist until the game is restarted.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:04 PM
Also a non-core mod that achieves the same thing a different way can be found at http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=207.0

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Oct 2011 at 11:45 PM
how do i make a new lot size for example: (the disco bar), there are no sizes available?
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 3:13 AM
The link in Inge's post (above yours) will take you to her tool, which will let you add any size of lot to the Edit World lot menu.
Theorist
#12 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
If you have Ambitions installed you can add blank lots of various sizes to existing neighbourhoods.

You don't have to have Ambitions.. just fully patched.... if you don't have Ambitions

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 3:28 PM
WTF, why don't I know that there is a mod to add more lot sizes to the in-game CAW? It has been released more than a year and wherever I look people say that there is no way to add more sizes. hmmm, I wish every mods are here in MTS.
Theorist
#14 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 3:43 PM
This is easy. Probably awesomemod's best feature.
Just type the cheat - for example addlotsize 30 40
Sweeeeeet!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:34 PM
Yeah, but for those that don't play with core mods, Inge's mod is the next best thing. I have so many lot sizes now it is ridiculous, but much appreciated. :thumbs up:

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:25 AM
Default Wallah!
Here you go its a mod from Velocitygrass that allows you to add any lot size you want. Here's the link.

Add Any Lot Size (updated 06/19/2013)
http://www.modthesims.info/d/471164
Alchemist
#17 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 5:27 AM
Necro'd... again.
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 2:58 AM
Hello Guys, I try to change the size of my land which already exists on Sunset Valley, how I can change the property line please
Eminence Grise
#19 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ndany777
Hello Guys, I try to change the size of my land which already exists on Sunset Valley, how I can change the property line please

You can't. If you want a bigger lot, best you can do is place the bigger lot, move the house to it, delete the old lot, and then move the bigger lot to the original location (if you want to stay in the same place, and assuming there is enough routable terrain for the bigger lot to fit).

If you want a SMALLER lot, you're out of luck.

In the future, please start a new thread rather than necroing one that's several years old, please