Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Tester Wanted: ★ Meshes for Rugs & Mats ★

by Numenor Posted 23rd Feb 2005 at 3:42 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 3:33 PM by Numenor : Added link to "no-shadow" set.

233 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 226 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Field Researcher
#76 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
If you want to check (and you have SimPE) then open one of their package files. If there are three "filetypes" listed in the top left hand side, it's a safe recolour. If there are more than that, then it's a clone.

It would be useful to add to a first post perhaps, how to spot cloned recolors.
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:11 AM
:nana:

great job as always hon. i have been away for a about a month now... looks like you guys have been busy! Great job
<xoxo>
rain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instructor
#78 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 1:18 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love all these new rugs!!
I do have a request of sorts. I've been going through a phase lately where I've removed alot of Non-Simlish lettered items (items decorated with english,french etc phrases). Could it be possible to have a Simlish "Welcome" mat?

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#79 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:32 PM
Echo, I appreciated your taking time to explain how to use SimPE to identify a clone object. I'm new to all these new programs and still trying to learn, and every visit to MTS is a pleasant learning course. Big thanks to all of you great people here, I've benefit more that just d/l addons to my game, it's the sharing and caring that makes this site the best visiting internet zone!
Field Researcher
#80 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
I've said it before and I'll say it again...I love all these new rugs!!
I do have a request of sorts. I've been going through a phase lately where I've removed alot of Non-Simlish lettered items (items decorated with english,french etc phrases). Could it be possible to have a Simlish "Welcome" mat?

Cool! I like that! So what's "Welcome" in simlish? I could make a mat like that lol!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 6:31 PM
Thanx for all your hard work........all work perfectly in my game................I'm so happy to finally have rugs! If I was a cat I'd purr.............hell I'll purr anyway PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
#82 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:07 PM
THANKS So Much for these as I Was never good at puzzling together the floor tile ones
GREAT Job
THANK YOU
April
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#83 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 5:06 AM
windkeeper: Well the characters of Simlish look suspiciously like Greek to me... So probably just open up the Greek Symbol set and hit a couple of characters.
Test Subject
#84 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 11:04 AM
Shadows on new floor rugs.
Firstly I want to thank you guys for creating this . So many have been waiting for it including myself. :elephant:
:clap: :elephant:
I finally managed to do some recolours and noticed something a bit odd when i put them in my game to make sure they worked and I have not seen anyone else comment on this so i wondered if it was just me or was a general issue.

When you have the rugs facing you (arrows to bottom of screen) a shadow appears - like a table leg or something similar. (Please see attached screen shots)

When you rotate the rugs the shadow disappears and i have found that with echo's original and one of windkeepers recolours that the same thing happens.

Any ideas?? :confused: :D
Screenshots
Test Subject
#85 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 11:16 AM
Just a quick add on - this problem only shows in the 3x4 rug .
The smaller rugs do not have this shadow.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 2:36 PM
SimJymm, I've got the idea, thank you . Will make a doormat soon. Look for it in the recolors thread.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 4:48 PM
I guess I'm just stupid. First of all, I love the rugs. These are awesome and I have no problem recoloring. However, where my apparent stupidity comes is when trying to make different shaped rugs. I have echo's standard mat, but how do you create a different shaped rug? Do you delete the "beige" background and save more or less as a shaped rug on a transparent background? Or do you turn the background black like in clothes so it doesn't show up? If someone can please please PLEASE help Thanks.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 5:23 PM
LILACFIRE:
I wondered many times why this happens. The 3x4 rug package has absolutely no reference to shadows (no mesh, no textures, no lighing points, nothing!). Still, it casts a shadow, probably borrowed from the original object that Echo first cloned.
Anyway, in your tests only some recolours cast the shadow? This is even odder!
Test Subject
#89 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 6:23 PM
Thank You so much Numenor, Echo, and Windkeeper! Great Work!
Test Subject
#90 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 8:12 PM
Numenor :
All the rugs cast a shadow in the 3x4 size on certain rotations in buy/build mode. But i found that in live game play on a different neighbourhood the shadows disappeared so its got me foxed .

If that is normal then it does not matter as we can live with that .

Thanks to you , echo and windkeeper we have rugs..... an intermittent shadow is a minor concern but i have not seen mention of it before so wondered if it was peculiar to me.

Thanks again to you all.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 27th Feb 2005 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikkibailey
I guess I'm just stupid. First of all, I love the rugs. These are awesome and I have no problem recoloring. However, where my apparent stupidity comes is when trying to make different shaped rugs. I have echo's standard mat, but how do you create a different shaped rug? Do you delete the "beige" background and save more or less as a shaped rug on a transparent background? Or do you turn the background black like in clothes so it doesn't show up? If someone can please please PLEASE help Thanks.

Nikki wrote to me privately asking this also and I replied to her privately...but I'm thinking maybe this is something others want to know, so I'll copy/paste what I told her here:

First, use Object Workshop to recolor Echo's 3x4
Then click on the Material Definition file and change the material blend from "none" to "blend", then click commit.
Then go into the txtr file and right click and export the picture, then right click again and export the alpha file
Edit the alpha file in your graphics program to be the shape you want...be sure to keep the shape inside Echo's actual rug...in the alpha file, white is what shows, black is totally transparent, and grey is semi-transparent, just like in clothes.
Then edit Echo's file anyway you want.
Back in SimPE, right click on the picture and Import your file, then right click again and Import the Alpha file. Update all sizes and commit.
done :-)
Field Researcher
#92 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 8:43 AM Last edited by JadeEliott : 28th Feb 2005 at 7:16 PM.
I am having trouble with the toilet rug and the 2x1 rug that Echo made for us...no matter what I try, I can not get the rugs to show up in my game...they show in the catalogue but without picture icons...and I have removed all recolors of these two objects (as far as I know) and did a search of my folders to see if there copies of these files lurking...no such luck.

They do not show up.

Pic is attached to show what I mean. The empty box next to the selected box is the toilet mat.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am sure I have the latest version of the package files.

EDIT: Nevermind...found the answer in post number 74...but leaving this here in case anyone else is as daft as I am and did not read the whole thread.

Edit Two: If anyone else has this problem and wants to know which files to delete, they are called "funny2401_carpetsbath_teppichwc3.package" and "funny2401_carpetsbath_teppich3.package".

Jade
Screenshots
Test Subject
#93 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 2:21 PM
Rug Meshes
Im desperately chasing the 1x2, 3x4 and toilet rug meshes for Echos rugs...
Ive downloaded quite a few, and its just twigged that I dont have the
original mesh for them to show in the game... :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: If someone could steer me in the right direction, Id be ever so grateful...

I must also add, that Im in total awe of the talent displayed within
the pages of this site...

Kindest Regards...
Joanne... :sam:
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abbyroze
Im desperately chasing the 1x2, 3x4 and toilet rug meshes for Echos rugs...
Ive downloaded quite a few, and its just twigged that I dont have the
original mesh for them to show in the game... :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: :sam: If someone could steer me in the right direction, Id be ever so grateful...

I must also add, that Im in total awe of the talent displayed within
the pages of this site...

Kindest Regards...
Joanne... :sam:

they're right here in THIS thread....go to the very first post...just click on page number 1 at the top of this thread...all of them are right there :-)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 2:44 PM
They are at the bottom of the first post.
Test Subject
#96 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by buntah
they're right here in THIS thread....go to the very first post...just click on page number 1 at the top of this thread...all of them are right there :-)

You are a total angel Linda...thanks ever so much...I was looking there earlier
but went off and did something else and lost my trail of pages...

thanks also for all your wonderful contributions to the Sims World...they
love all the bits that you make for them...

apologies for so many smilies in my post...I didnt realise that clinking on
them added them to the post...total brain fart...!!

Regards...
Joanne...
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#97 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 9:08 AM
Phew - thanks heaps for solving the clone problem with the wc rug. I got those *recolours* the day I got the wc rug so I have never actually *seen* them in game lol.

Beats me WHY they are cloning and I should have realised by the package size. Seriously if I could remember my German better I would ask!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 4:10 PM
:howdy: Hello to all, I´m brand new here and I want first of all say, thank you to all the great designers for tools, tutorials and meshes.

Thank you for the rugs, I love and missed it so much.

If I want give my recolors on our website, can I put the originals also there? :confused:
Of course with credit for the originalcreators :bow: and a link to here. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 6:57 PM
Hi Suza, I'm honoured that you posted your very first message here on the Rug thread!
Yes, you can post your own recolours on your site (let us know, so we'll come and peek! ); you can also post the original meshes on your site, but only if you put them to download for free, give us credits and put a link to this thread.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat
Phew - thanks heaps for solving the clone problem with the wc rug. I got those *recolours* the day I got the wc rug so I have never actually *seen* them in game lol.

Beats me WHY they are cloning and I should have realised by the package size. Seriously if I could remember my German better I would ask!

You are welcome, Loveyrat! :-)
Page 4 of 10