Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3476 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 9:04 PM
Sims can't make sacred candles with the candle making stations.

I just...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Instructor
#3477 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Sims can't make sacred candles with the candle making stations.

I guessed right!

My twin officially owes me five bucks.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3478 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I guessed right!

My twin officially owes me five bucks.

It was honestly a missed opportunity. We even have special wax for it, but they do a grab animation and 3 candle spawn in the Sim’s inventory. Also, the wax and the candles don’t stack in your inventory at all.

With the amount of gameplay offered for $10, it’s fine but that extra layer of pack connectivity would have been nice.

Mad Poster
#3479 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 4:04 AM
I am just starting. My Sim just held her first seance and summoned someone. I am having fun but having to relearn 4 as have not played it in so long.

Mad Poster
#3480 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Get To Work shouldn’t have had businesses to begin with. Businesses should have had an entire expansion pack centered around it instead. Businesses are treated like an after thought, honestly.

Instead of just Magnolia promenade, imagine an entire metropolitan area (like Belladonna Cove, with high, medium, and low rent areas) rich with boutiques, salons, studios, shops, museums, parks, cafes, restaurants, pubs, lounges, and night clubs - all venues Sims can own and manage. Given the nature of the town, Sims are also able to rent out apartments in the area. Perhaps even rent apartments above shops.

Of course, with new businesses comes with new hobbies, new venues, new architecture, designer home decor, and smart apparel, as well as tacky business clothing.

I would absolutely love to own a lounge and schedule entertainment, plan drink and food options, customize staff apparel, and organize event nights, while also dealing with entitled or unruly customers.

Even in terms of playing these lots, business would give players so much content to play and experiment with.

Save that for paralives, lulz.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3481 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 1:35 AM
Have this pack been forgotten? Or are we just waiting for LGR to drop a review on this boi?

Mad Poster
#3482 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 2:06 AM
I am playing. One thing that is driving me nuts is my game does not fast forward when the Sims are asleep as there is activity on the lot. Reminds me of the travel in past versions that did the same thing.
Instructor
#3483 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I am playing. One thing that is driving me nuts is my game does not fast forward when the Sims are asleep as there is activity on the lot. Reminds me of the travel in past versions that did the same thing.

I was grateful for that when Vlad managed to get into the house. It helped me wake my Sims up to avoid being bitten. It still might be useful if we get burglars and when we get ghosts we wake up in shock anyway. I just fast forward it myself.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3484 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

If that happens, I'll search around to find the offending simand use MCCC to tell them to get the hell off the lot. Otherwise I could send several texts waiting for the sun to come up.
Instructor
#3485 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
If that happens, I'll search around to find the offending simand use MCCC to tell them to get the hell off the lot. Otherwise I could send several texts waiting for the sun to come up.

As a UK player I tend to give all my lots all around fences with only one gate so it's easy to find them. We guard our property to the very last inch. (literally)! If this game was made in England and two properties were allowed on a lot with a fence between them there would probably be a message "Fight over" if one of the Sims clicked on it. Had one such legal fight over inches a short time ago in my area! :D
Mad Poster
#3486 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 7:13 PM
I had the ghost and the vamp out front and the paranormal things floating around, so it did not fast forward due to at least one of them, probably the ghost? Unless vamp does, maybe also, but I cannot remember.

Mad Poster
#3487 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 12:07 AM
Kinda sadden that LGR has yet to review this pack. And it probably never gonna come, cause it seem to allude it's a fluff pack like Star Wars.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3488 Old 19th Feb 2021 at 12:56 AM
It sucks that this is filler because it's so well done given the resources and budget they had available. I'm still impressed that even some of the most minor of items have interactions (like eating from the candy dish and talking to the doll to calm down).

Imagine the same effort put into something like an Amusement Park lot. Sims can go there on dates or with family and friends, ride carousels and spring riders, or order food and gifts from stalls from a vendor. A mascot will also walk around the lot and talk to Sims, and their costume can be changed in the menu. Sims will be pushed to have fun on rides and eat snacks, and swim, play games, and watch comedians.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3489 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 4:57 AM
Little side bar: You can live in a vacation world if you put a haunted house residential lot in it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3490 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 6:05 PM
“ Attention! This discussion has not had a reply for 2 years.”

We’re back everyone… they’re selling the Dine Out refresh as a Stuff Pack. In all seriousness, they’re doing a new culinary stuff pack - Home Chef Hustle.

Idfk anymore. The appeal is new appliances and a new kitchen, but I’m wondering what the difference is between this and just selling food at a yard sale table (which is basically what’s shown in the preview).

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3491 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 10:20 PM
Arghh, I don't know if anyone will be able to bear to watch more than a few seconds of this video which was streamed earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu5iU38RIuU

It reminds me of this for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuI53jp0S1o
Smeg Head
#3492 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 12:13 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 13th Sep 2023 at 10:42 AM.
A waffle grill and pilfering an old mod from eight years ago to make cupcakes in the oven. This is cause to revivify Stuff Packs from the dead? Did they just get bored with the word Kit over at Maxis HQ?

Well you saw the vid, they will continue running Sims 4 even after Project-Not-TS5-but-is-TS5 is given a proper name and fully released. I just don't know what to say. Is that because they have no real faith in Not-TS5-but-is-TS5 standing alone like all iterations before it? Are they worried it will be too different that many will not buy into it, so they need to keep ye olde TS4 going just to keep those players involved - and spending cash?

Has any other dev/producers had two iterations of a game running, with full support and new dlcs for both, at same time? There's a good reason or two why this is not a common practice. And for games that need such regular patch attention, why it's just not feasible at all. Talk about hedging your bets. The idea that TS4 can manage to hold its own and be a viable alternative to Not-TS5-but-is-TS5 is just bizarre. Speaks very poorly of Not-TS5-but-is-TS5. Or should I say, that's even more now that speaks poorly of it, given the disappointing news of free to play and the micro-transaction greed from Hell that implies. Any wonder they'll be keeping TS4 running. Hedging their bets like never before. It's not like the Beatles, two songs in the charts fighting it out for the top selling slot because everyone wants both. More like two garbage trucks, painfully slamming into each other trying to drive down the same zig-zagging road of uncertainty, and right when the competition is zoning in for the kill. The competition is not going to have to try too hard. EA have been trying to kill off Maxis for years. They actually did once. Now they'll do it again.

Hey, EA, do you actually hate Maxis?
Yep
Do you want to kill them?
As many times as we can.
But they're one of your golden cash cows. Why?
Ever heard the story of the fox, the scorpion and the flood?
Yeah, not quite the same happy ending as Noah's Ark. No rainbows at the end.
Exactly, It's just in our nature. As history has proven time and time again. And did you just see that new vid they put out. That woman with perfect, Hollywood teeth, yet wearing braces yet again in this second vid of hers. Call us evil if you must, but it was Maxis who have contractually obliged her to wear those braces in her vids. I mean, isn't there a part of you that wants to kill them off too?
Err... yeah, I guess.

Well, I'm convinced.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Theorist
#3493 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 12:16 PM
Didn't watch the video. I'm not a fan of being spoken to like a 5-year old. I watched SatchOnSims vid about all the 'news' instead.

So they're working on TS5, but are keeping TS4 going then are going run them both in tandem. TS5 is sounding more and more like Sims Mobile. Why are they making yet another version of it? You want a color swatch? $5.00! You want winter in your game? That will be $20.00 and that will only be for snow. I'm exaggerating, but only slightly. Also, if they can't stay on top of all the bugs in one game, what makes anybody think they'll deal with bugs in two games? Maxis is known for taking bugs in one game then putting them in another. Does this mean the incest bug will also act like a plague in TS5? How about the Father Winter beard situation or any of the other bugs that have caused the masses to give Maxis the stink eye? I'm not asking for answers, I'm just tossing questions into the void.

I've already committed to ignoring all the howling, yodeling and chest-thumping about how TS5 / EA / Maxis are the best company ever when TS5 comes out. It's going to be a entertaining shit show to watch.
Mad Poster
#3494 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Didn't watch the video. ...
I've already committed to ignoring all the howling, yodeling and chest-thumping about how TS5 / EA / Maxis are the best company ever when TS5 comes out. It's going to be a entertaining shit show to watch.

I watched about a second or two and had to shut it off. I have no interest in 5/Renee so far. Zero. None. I am most interested in LBY so far, but do have some concerns there. I will be curious to watch the development of 5 just to watch, but to purchase, nope. Nada. Zilch.
Mad Poster
#3495 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:10 PM
I skipped ahead to the interview with Lindsay Pearson, since she's been there since Sims 1, I think. It was mildly interesting. They talk a good talk, but then they talked a good talk before Sims 4 and that was somehow so limiting, despite all the details. So, this is a case of we'll see.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#3496 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:42 PM
I'm reading the article and one thing that really stuck out to me is cupcakes... if you now'll be able to make cupcackes in the oven, in base game then what are they gonna do about the cupcake maker? It's going to get incredibly redundant. (Never used it myself because it suffer from the same issue as many base games stuff... space. It takes up too much of it.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3497 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 1:21 AM
They probably did this so players could add the counter over to the food stand and bake food without needing a whole over, although it requires DHD. It’s probably not portable either. Oh well.

Also, I don’t see the value in a good stand if we have a yard sale table, with the exception of putting appliances on it. What makes this unique beyond Sims walking away to eat I guess?

I ALSO hate when they give us a messy version of an item but nothing more professional to upgrade to, like something that looks like a food truck stand.

Maybe we’ll get freelance gigs to tackle because selling pizza at a stand isn’t exactly a “home chef.”

The kitchen set was almost one of my favorites but the island lacks waterfall ends, unlike the counter. It’s nice to have a fridge that looks like a cabinet again, but modern. I don’t get the lights in front of the cabinet and below. Any this would have been a great opportunity to have a build in nectar rack, or a new mini fridge. I want a lot.

Instructor
#3498 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 4:57 AM
Does the mixer work like the food processor did in previous games?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3499 Old 19th Sep 2023 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twinsimming
Does the mixer work like the food processor did in previous games?

It looks to be that way from the "Prepared Foods" options in the new food menu. I don't know if there's any benefit to having prepared foods or not. Previously, the food processor made cooking much faster. Cooking is already kind of fast (removing the need for it in the first place). Prepared food looks to make cooking more complex and involved, rather than efficient. Whatever, it'll probably be fun.

I saw:
Prepared Meat
Prepared Seafood
Prepared Vegetables
Batter
Dough
Cookie Dough

I assume there's also sauces to make for pizza. JUICE looks to be missing. If a stand mixer can do all of this, you may as well throw in some fruit and make juice.

Edit: I figured it out. The mixer may be pay to win. For example, making batter virtually eliminates the cost of making a cake of any price, which may or may not be cost effective.

Mad Poster
#3500 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 12:10 AM
Yet to play it, but gawd - am I the only annoyed how specific packs are and not "done right the first time/take"? Wasn't Cool Kitchen™ cool enough, yet Maxis has to give another pack about... KITCHEN? Oh *takes deep breath* ok, I don't care.

Page 140 of 141