Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gem & Metal Processing Machine *Compatible with 1.55*

by treeag Posted 18th Feb 2010 at 12:08 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:39 AM by treeag

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 183 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 9
Test Subject
#26 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:50 PM
Great idea!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 7:27 PM
Thanks Treeag.

Great mod
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:28 PM
lol point taken. I'm mainly concerned with special cuts since normally you first have to get so many other cuts of gems and that costs 500 just to try to get the right ones etc. On the other hand, by the time I'm working towards those I've already got more cash than I can spend so I guess the whole thing is rather moot isn't it? lol

I guess I'll play around with it some.
Test Subject
#29 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:49 AM
this will HELP trust me if yon reintall monkey bar it will help
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 2:15 PM
thank you so much i looked and didnt have the d3dx9_31.dll file. now everything is up and running and working like a dream... thanks again
Field Researcher
#31 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 6:25 PM
Brilliant!
I'm always annoyed that each sim has to cut a certain amount of gems to unlock more cuts. Getting a diamond, or rarer, emerald cut is just plain dumb. And since the cut itself is free I can get say blue topaz cut for something better than an emerald cut and not lose money. The hefty price of the cutter is something my sims will 'enjoy' working for.
I'm assuming that the Polished Split Cut, Star Cut, Spire Cut and Skull Cut come with eps. So that leads to the question of will they be available without the ep? I'm already thinking about getting one or both eps so this would just be more motivation.
Great creation! This is a must have.

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 3:26 PM
This is a great Idea, an OFB EP will make me a jeweller lol.
Got a problem but, I bought it when in China, collected gems using the rock and gem finder, I made 9 large spire septerian nodules that were worth 852,000 when I got back home they were worth 12,000. I knew it dropped but I think that is a bit much. Gems should appreciate not depreciate what are EA thinking of, has anyone made a mod that fixes this?
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM
Weird...it seems to work fine except for cutting my gems.. It will enlarge gems and metals and will smelt the metals but it won't cut my gems :s I've tried Random Cut, Skull Cut, Heart Cut, and Emerald Cut and none of them work... Any ideas why?
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 2:22 AM
What is your game version? You're putting uncut gems in, right?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 2:56 AM
hey i downloaded this and it affected my game in several unexpected ways. the lifespans were about 10 times as long, camera rotation slowed down considerably, and my sims no longer went to work/school automatically. do you know why this is? it was fixed when i removed this package...
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 4:01 AM
Whoa. I don't think this object could cause any of those problems you mentioned. What other mods do you have?
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 3:45 PM Last edited by 666devilsarmy : 28th Feb 2010 at 1:35 PM.
I've got the High end Loft stuff and the adventure, my version # is 3.1.7.004001
I did like you said: the dll and framework are there, package is installed but still no interaction

//edit: the version baxim made works, thanks to both of you
Test Subject
#38 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:49 PM Last edited by SimEmrys : 27th Feb 2010 at 9:59 PM. Reason: I found out what was causing the conflict
I'm having the same problem as psaop (get interactions but gems just don't cut).

My game versions are Base: 1.10.6.004002, WA: 2.4.7.004002 and HELS: 3.1.7.004001

Update: Should have checked for conflicts - the old version of the Extended Core Mod (i.e. pre-HELS) was causing problems with some of the HELS objects. For some reason it was also affecting gem cutting. Removing the ECM (until it's updated) lets me cut gems.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:36 AM Last edited by BaXiM : 17th Mar 2010 at 1:36 PM. Reason: there is now a german translation in main package
Default german translation
Hi treeag,
another really useful creation. Thanks a lot.
In the attachment is a file with translated german strings. Well, there now is one in the main package, so this is obsolete.
About compatibility: I have the base-game with patch 1.10 and everything works fine. (BUT: I have a core-mod running, which is built from the latest HEL gamecore.package, so this might say nothing about vanilla base-game.)
Furthermore, I have two requests/suggestions:
1. distinguish between processed and unprocessed gems/metals for "Put..."
2. a "take all"-function
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 12:30 AM
I have the same problem as 666devilsarmy... i have tried everything i have all the latest up dates wa and loft... have all dll files in all folders and resource in all folders aaaaaaand mods in all folders.. i have tried them in every combination... if someone has the treeag stuff working with both expansion packs can you help us out... i don't know what to do if i cant cheat..lol
Theorist
Original Poster
#41 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 1:25 AM
Have you tried Delphy's framework tool to veriy your framework?

Baxim, thank you. I'll update it as soon as I can. For the first feature request, I'll look into it the next time I have some free time, as for the second, isn't it there already? When you have its inventory open, there's a button below the icon to take everything into your sim's inventory.
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:27 PM
All of my frame work is installed in all three sim base, wa, loft... I have the fridge mod "store everything" and the menu only popped up once in the game and did not work. i have the skill books but i want to use the stuff you made, it all worked perfect before i installed loft. i can go with out it, but... i just want to fix it for fixing it's sake. Thanks.
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:52 PM
Delphy's framework tool will tell you if you have the framework set up correctly, so if you want to fix it, I recommend to try it Other than framework failure, I don't see any other reason to the problems you mentioned.
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:09 PM
Checked it all out and Monkey Bars and Dashboard both said they were installed so i just deleted all my cache and it worked.. I am so happy THANK YOU SO MUCH.. Happy Simming.
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 3:59 PM
This is how yo can make ite work you nedd a working

d3dx9_32.dll

get it here

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/d....shtml?d3dx9_31

and put it in vista: Hp(C Programm, Electronic Arts, The sims 3, Game, Bin and put there

or ''install helper monkey'' works like a charm for me

and test your framework.
Test Subject
#46 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 2:03 PM
Ok... I've got the d3dx9_31.dll and my framework is all good. So why do I still get "no interaction"??? Can anyone help???
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 7:35 PM
great idea making this. no more dealing with the mailbox for gems.

but, can't seem to download it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 14th Mar 2010 at 4:30 PM
Uploaded a new version today with some translations If you get no interactions, please check your framework.
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenity81
well, doesn't work for me. I've WA, Loft-Stuff and newest patch and got no interactions at all.

same here, both Treasure Box and this don't work for me neither.
I've got WA and HEL stuff with latest patch.
No interactions and seem replace the old objects.
Theorist
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 5:04 AM
Have you checked your framework?
Page 2 of 9