Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Base Game Careers Made Vampire Friendly

by FennShysa Posted 1st Dec 2007 at 3:54 PM - Updated 3rd Mar 2011 at 5:46 PM by whiterider

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 12:02 AM
This is great! I have a question, though (of course)...how do I find these careers in the game? Do they pop up by looking for a job on the computer and in the paper like normal? Or do you click on the certain Sim and pick the job for them?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Dec 2007 at 12:51 AM
Yes, they should come up in normal job searches via the computer or newspaper.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 12:07 PM
Could you add the Uni and Seasons careers please? :D

I have steve's careers already, but if you altered the chance cards or other things he hasn't, I might grab these instead ^_^

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 12:37 PM
I thought about the University and Seasons careers, and I was undecided on them because it would essentially take an expansion pack career and make it available to someone who didn't have the EP, assuming they were willing to play without the reward. I would like to do it, and it wouldn't be difficult, but I think I need to consult higher MTS2 powers to see if it would be okay to do. I'll send off an PM here in a little bit.

And yes, I did alter the chance cards and job descriptions slightly to remove obvious references to daylight/daytime as I stated in the first post. After I found out about his set, I took a look at it and I think he says he left everything the same except the hours.

Feel free to PM me with career requests. I don't guarantee I'll do any particular one, but I'll consider each.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 11:53 PM
If you just cloned the careers, wouldn't you still need that EP to be able to use them? I don't know how steve did it, but his Uni conversions still work the same as the original Uni careers - as in, needing to graduate first, that kind of thing.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 1:03 PM
The University careers would still require a sim to be a college graduate, but if I'm not mistaken you can get around that requirement by using the boolprop cheat to put them into the career even if they're not. The Seasons careers I think would work just like a normal career because it's just different text in the same type of package. There are no animations or anything like that. Of course, the rewards would not be available for any of these careers if you didn't have the EP. I actually want to do the University and Seasons careers as vampire careers and I have sent a PM asking if it would be okay to do it without violating any of the MTS2 rules. I am still awaiting a response. If I get the okay to do it, I will.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 2:32 AM
Ah, okay. Here's hoping you hear back then

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 5:16 PM
Well, I've just gotten a response to my question and it seems that I will be able to make the careers. I will get to work on them as soon as it's convenient. They might only appear after Christmas, though.

Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 9:49 PM
I've tested these careers using regular sims and when they reach the top of their careers, I do not get a platimum aspiration for the rest of the sims life. Am I doing something wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 10:31 PM
No, it's just that they don't count as the careers they are based on for the purposes of fulfilling wants/lifetime goals. I don't know how to fix that.
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 2:57 AM
Ohmygoodness Thats so cool Thank you very much ♥
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 8:48 PM
You're welcome, and thank you.

Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:17 PM
Very nice! I'm just wondering, will these fulfill lifetime wants?
My sim wants to be the top of the medical career, but I'm not sure she can anymore.
At least not without curing her.
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM
Thank you SO much!
It was so tiring, having my Sims fired from job after job because of poor mood and poor performance. I'm sure this will help A LOT!

-Cass
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
This is just what i was looking for the other day.. lol ^^ Thanks for giving my vamp sims a job

- Im just me -
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM
zaykai: No, unfortunately the game will count this as a completely different career than the one it's based on, so it will not fulfill any lifetime want.

Casseh and BanditQueen: You're welcome, and thanks to you too.

Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 2:20 PM
Can't download from this site for some reason, Im registered and everything. (I asked about it in a thread) Do you know if theres any other way to download ur awesome work? Ill apreciate any help. Thank you.
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:16 PM
This is very helpful... I've been having my vamp sims quit their jobs when their hours change to days and they're broke now.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:25 PM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
GOD! It was soooo annoying having to make my new vampys quit their jobs or risk dying in the sun! Now they won't have to do that anymore...
*Musing* If only I could keep them from having maxis job lifetime wants *Sigh* oh well!

IndigoKarin ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:08 PM
I trully thank you for this, I just started playing my first vamp and his lifetime want is to reach max job and so I kept using the thing to change his aspiration trying to find something that was vamp friendly and still allow him to be a knowledge sim but it kept picking careers as the LTW it never would just pick Maxout 7 skills, anyway I did this for bout an hour, then it clicked: go to MTS and see if someone had made vamp friendly careers! DUH! Thank You SOOOOOOO much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 10:19 PM
It's a great idea! I used not to play vamps, because they couldnt go to work. You made their life a bit fairer, lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:29 AM
Thanks everyone.

SimsationallySimplyMe: Sorry to disappoint, but I'm pretty sure that these careers still won't satisfy Lifetime Wants because they technically aren't the careers that they are based on.

seppl88: Hope you eventually solved your downloading problem. If not, and you still want these, send me a message and maybe I can send them to you.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:13 AM
also handy for business owners :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:28 PM
Thank You
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 4:40 PM
Thank you! The custom vampire job I found on here was okay, but it will be great to have my vamps do normal jobs too and not have their motives plummet coming and going.
Page 2 of 3