Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UpsideDown Career

by CrazySheep808 Posted 30th Aug 2008 at 4:55 AM - Updated 28th Mar 2011 at 9:05 AM by CrazySheep808 : Updating search parameters

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:30 AM
Actually my suggestion leaned more toward strip while pursuing a degree end up as... whatever career you studied I guess (erotic was ViveaRu's suggestion ).

I have nanny npc and mods but as far as I have searched I have yet to find a nanny career. I have many custom careers in my game but no "nanny careers". I have been looking for a while (months) but it's ok "legacy career" works for me now for my npcs' that I made playable. Maybe that can be my first project . Thanks for your help and this great career.

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

From Bones: Emily Deschanel
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 6:46 PM
No nanny career? Well I'll keep it in mind. So you want your sims to go out to work as a 'nanny'? or just have a one-hour working day at say midnight so they can actually look after the kids?

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Test Subject
#28 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazySheep808
Thanks everyone for all the positive comments! I'm glad it's being played and enjoyed .

A hooker career, huh? I'm not sure it would be appropriate, or that I'd want to make it. I'll think about it, and maybe ask the moderators. Thankyou for your suggestion though!

Thats a great idea!
Test Subject
#29 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:38 PM
Default Answer to CrazySheep's question
No nanny career? Well I'll keep it in mind. So you want your sims to go out to work as a 'nanny'? or just have a one-hour working day at say midnight so they can actually look after the kids?

Thanks for the response I've only just seen this today. Yes believe me I've searched for months and zilch. Google seaches only point to my comment here .

Actually both would be nice but the second one would be great.

Full Career idea:

I was thinking the full career could start somewhere at diaper-pail scrubber at a daycare facility and end with something like Celebrity Nanny/Nanny to the stars. I wouldn't mind helping with ideas for writing the level descriptions and challenges etc, but I haven't a clue as to how to use simpe.

Or

Nanny Career title: World Class Nanny (hrs:12am-12am or 12am-1am):

A career such as "World Class Nanny" that starts at midnight and ends at midnight or 1 am would be perfect. That way my self-assigned nannies would be able to satisfy the job want, have a titled career, keep their jobs with the families they already work for and be free to play however I like when I'm at their homelots. Would you be willing to do this one?

Thanks a bunch for considering it.

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 9:30 PM
Sure, it wouldn't take long at all if all the levels had the same title and hours. Do you want a rising pay scale? Or any pay at all? I can put in skills necessary for promotion if you want something of a challenge, but without different pay rates it doesn't really mean anything. There's also working days...you want them to only go to work once a week?

Chance cards are easy to create once they're written but I don't have much time to write them at the moment. If you write something feel free to send it to me and I'll throw it in. However you need two choices, then a pass and fail result for both. Although sometimes I cheat and all results are good...lol.

Let me know

Quote: Originally posted by DaSpecial1
Thanks for the response I've only just seen this today. Yes believe me I've searched for months and zilch. Google seaches only point to my comment here .

Actually both would be nice but the second one would be great.

Full Career idea:

I was thinking the full career could start somewhere at diaper-pail scrubber at a daycare facility and end with something like Celebrity Nanny/Nanny to the stars. I wouldn't mind helping with ideas for writing the level descriptions and challenges etc, but I haven't a clue as to how to use simpe.

Or

Nanny Career title: World Class Nanny (hrs:12am-12am or 12am-1am):

A career such as "World Class Nanny" that starts at midnight and ends at midnight or 1 am would be perfect. That way my self-assigned nannies would be able to satisfy the job want, have a titled career, keep their jobs with the families they already work for and be free to play however I like when I'm at their homelots. Would you be willing to do this one?

Thanks a bunch for considering it.

Test Subject
#31 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:26 AM
Sure, it wouldn't take long at all if all the levels had the same title and hours. Do you want a rising pay scale? Or any pay at all? I can put in skills necessary for promotion if you want something of a challenge, but without different pay rates it doesn't really mean anything. There's also working days...you want them to only go to work once a week?

Chance cards are easy to create once they're written but I don't have much time to write them at the moment. If you write something feel free to send it to me and I'll throw it in. However you need two choices, then a pass and fail result for both. Although sometimes I cheat and all results are good...lol.

Let me know

Actually the best solution is the one hour or zero hour working day. It's the one most suitable for my game. Most of my nannies (NPCs or former NPCs) are already employed--they just don't get credit and have the annoying job wants even though they show up for work every time.

The Nanny Career title: "World Class Nanny" or "Sim City Nanny agency" (hrs:12am-12am or 12am-1am):

would be perfect. The work week would be Sun-Fri & the salary as 1800 works too. Just one title no other levels--really nothing that would make it tough on you. This just rounds out the lives of my nannies that are employed already. Would you mind doing this one?

I can tell both of our plates are full but I'll try to check back next week if you have any questions. Thanks a bunch.

P.S.
If you would still consider doing the second one as well I'll ponder the idea over the next month or so since the full career also sounds great for a few of my unemployed sims. I really like the idea but would want to put some thought and come up with some interesting challenges /results. I'll put some thought into those and (if it's ok with you) let you know (via pm?) when I have them ready. There's no rush and I really appreciate you considering the ideas.

Sims by Dasi:

Patrick Swayze

Sabrina

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 3:49 PM
So, let me get this straight: World Class Nanny, 12am - 1am Sunday through Friday, pay 1800/day, and no promotions/chance cards.

And sure, a PM would be fine. :D

Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:16 PM
Hee. Cooool .:D
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 1:22 AM
I think this is a great idea! It's kinda Buddhist in a way... the Sim living the "good life" and then realizing, as they progress, that it's pretty superficial and not really "good" after all. That's probably not what you had in mind when you made this career, but I think it's pretty philosophical and rewarding! :D

You can find my lots and other creations on TSR.
Proud member of TSRAA and S2HBAA. :)
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th May 2010 at 4:12 PM
LOL good idea ^^; but im still gona try to get sims promoted

Emi-x-x-x-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:35 AM
Thanks You
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 1:40 PM
Very unique and quite handy for those Sims who need to start off wealthy! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#38 Old 4th Dec 2021 at 12:43 AM
Thank you.
Page 2 of 2