Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

550 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 447 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 23
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#351 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hexonym
OK, thank you. As for my question? Does "Can't find mesh" = automatically bad or not? That is, can nothing with that warning be safely saved?

Sorry! 'Can't find mesh' could mean the package is recolors of a CC item which doesn't include the meshes, or possibly it could be a clone of an item in a pack you don't own. Saving a blended package with items that use different sets of meshes could definitely mess up the package so I'd do it with caution and always save a new package and keep the original.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#352 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:07 PM
Default Is there a place to download older versions?
Is there a place to download older versions?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#353 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maree464
Is there a place to download older versions?

Which version do you want?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
#354 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 2:45 PM
Default this is a screenshot
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Which version do you want?

this is a screenshot of the tutorial I am trying to use but its an older version and its hard to follow with the new version
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#355 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maree464
this is a screenshot of the tutorial I am trying to use but its an older version and its hard to follow with the new version

That's a VERY old version, won't work with packages made in at least the last couple of years, won't clone any game items added in packs and updates, and will make packages that may not work as expected in patched games. You're better off trying to follow the tutorial anyway.

Test Subject
#356 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 1:52 AM Last edited by Gauntlet101010 : 20th Feb 2021 at 2:41 AM.
I've found that this gives me an error when I try to auto-assign UV1 and then click "commit changes".
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#357 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
I've found that this gives me an error when I try to auto-assign UV1 and then click "commit changes".

Please upload the mesh you're trying to convert or the package you're working on, the reference mesh you're using if any, and a screenshot showing the tab and settings you're using.

Test Subject
#358 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 3:12 PM
I think it finally worked, despite the error. Although it still does give me an error.
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2365935/

For this one I included a head mesh that's not a part of the whole thing, but is that what's causing the error? It was cloned from the tuxedo originally.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#359 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gauntlet101010
I think it finally worked, despite the error. Although it still does give me an error.
http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2365935/

For this one I included a head mesh that's not a part of the whole thing, but is that what's causing the error? It was cloned from the tuxedo originally.

Head meshes tend to be a problem since they have three UV maps, not two. I suspect the tool is throwing an error because of the mix of two and three UV sets in your meshes. Probably the right way to do this would be to convert the head and whatever other parts you're having trouble with separately in the Mesh Tools / Auto Tools tab and importing those converted TS4 meshes to your package. That's only if the mesh isn't working in your game, of course.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#360 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 2:39 PM
hi everyone, does someone can help me? i cant use the auto-assing UV1 i don't know what happens but it throws me an unexpected error, any solution?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#361 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brooklynnightsn
hi everyone, does someone can help me? i cant use the auto-assing UV1 i don't know what happens but it throws me an unexpected error, any solution?

I can't tell you anything with no information. Please upload a screenshot of the tool showing what you're doing, the text or a screenshot of the error, and the mesh you're trying to auto assign.

Lab Assistant
#362 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 11:28 AM
When is the update for S4 CAS Tools coming out? The "Throwback Fit Kit", "Country Kitchen Kit" and "Bust The Dust Kit" have been released for a long time.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#363 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Burinis
When is the update for S4 CAS Tools coming out? The "Throwback Fit Kit", "Country Kitchen Kit" and "Bust The Dust Kit" have been released for a long time.

What exactly is the issue? Are the items not showing up or what? Packs and content coming out don't usually need an update.

Test Subject
#364 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 5:14 AM
Hello, I'm still new to the tool and I just wanted to enable a makeup blush for aliens and I succeeded in that but the color swatches aren't showing and I was wondering what did I do wrong. Thank you for your mod by the way!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#365 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkrose78
Hello, I'm still new to the tool and I just wanted to enable a makeup blush for aliens and I succeeded in that but the color swatches aren't showing and I was wondering what did I do wrong. Thank you for your mod by the way!

Please explain what you mean - where are the swatches not showing? In CAS? For aliens? And please upload your package.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#366 Old 18th May 2021 at 6:15 AM
Oh my god, the auto assignment function saved my life!!!
Test Subject
#367 Old 18th May 2021 at 11:40 PM
I'm running into a problem now, however. On some of my packages, when I use the auto assign under "mesh fixing tools," I get a dialogue box that says, "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

then these are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Xmods.DataLib.GEOM.setTagval(Int32 vertexSequenceNumber, UInt32 newTag)
at XMODS.Form1.MeshColorFix_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at XMODS.Form1.MeshAutoAll_button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4069.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
S4CASTools
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/S4CASTools.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.8.4042.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
XmodsDataLib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/XmodsDataLib.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
DDSPanel
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/DDSPanel.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.8.4110.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
Win32 Version: 4.8.3928.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.8.4110.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
s4pi.ImageResource
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28503
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28503
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Sims4Studio_v3.1.4.4%20(Wishes)/extra%20tools/S4CASTools_3_5_0_0/s4pi.ImageResource.DLL
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
Win32 Version: 4.8.3761.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
UIAutomationTypes
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationTypes/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationTypes.dll
UIAutomationProvider
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationProvider/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationProvider.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

This only happens on some of my packages, and when it does, if I click continue and try again, it keeps popping up. I can't commit changes or save the package. It's be one thing if this were happening to only one package, but it's multiple.

Edit: It's happening with all of my shoes, but there are other ones too.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#368 Old 19th May 2021 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by evekat
I'm running into a problem now, however. On some of my packages, when I use the auto assign under "mesh fixing tools," I get a dialogue box that says, "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

then these are the details:

This only happens on some of my packages, and when it does, if I click continue and try again, it keeps popping up. I can't commit changes or save the package. It's be one thing if this were happening to only one package, but it's multiple.

Edit: It's happening with all of my shoes, but there are other ones too.

That error suggests it's a mesh with no vertex colors, but I can't be sure. Please upload a package this is happening with and say which auto assign button you're clicking.

Test Subject
#369 Old 19th May 2021 at 3:27 PM
Hello! I'm editing some custom content (for my personal usage). I'm having trouble distinguishing between swatch colors, so I'm adding new custom swatch thumbnails.

When there's multiple files of same cc but for different categories (such as face details, tattoos, makeup), is there a way to copy all the swatch thumbnails from one pack to another? If so, how? I haven't been able to figure it out.
I suppose a workaround could be just edit the categories from one file, but I'm slightly nervous of messing up. Editing just the thumbnails feels safe to do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#370 Old 19th May 2021 at 4:14 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 19th May 2021 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aim413
Hello! I'm editing some custom content (for my personal usage). I'm having trouble distinguishing between swatch colors, so I'm adding new custom swatch thumbnails.

When there's multiple files of same cc but for different categories (such as face details, tattoos, makeup), is there a way to copy all the swatch thumbnails from one pack to another? If so, how? I haven't been able to figure it out.
I suppose a workaround could be just edit the categories from one file, but I'm slightly nervous of messing up. Editing just the thumbnails feels safe to do.

There's no way to do it automatically if all the swatches have different thumbnails. If you can use one thumbnail for all the swatches, you can open the package with the thumb you want to use and export the image in the Thumbnail Manager tab, then open the other packages, import the image as an overlay, and apply it to all swatches. You can also use the overlay feature to import just a logo or name or whatever with a transparent background and apply it over the existing thumbs.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#371 Old 20th May 2021 at 10:13 AM
Quote:
There's no way to do it automatically if all the swatches have different thumbnails. If you can use one thumbnail for all the swatches, you can open the package with the thumb you want to use and export the image in the Thumbnail Manager tab, then open the other packages, import the image as an overlay, and apply it to all swatches. You can also use the overlay feature to import just a logo or name or whatever with a transparent background and apply it over the existing thumbs.

Thank you! No, sadly the thumbnails aren't all the same, but there's repeating ones, so I suppose I can take the one that's most common and do what you instructed, and then manually edit the rest.
So does editing in Thumbnail Manager tab affects the swatch thumbnails? I thought I'd have to be in Recolor Manager tab for them?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#372 Old 20th May 2021 at 10:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aim413
Thank you! No, sadly the thumbnails aren't all the same, but there's repeating ones, so I suppose I can take the one that's most common and do what you instructed, and then manually edit the rest.
So does editing in Thumbnail Manager tab affects the swatch thumbnails? I thought I'd have to be in Recolor Manager tab for them?

Yes, use the thumbnail manager to modify all the thumbs. The recolor manager shows you the thumbnail but doesn't let you change it.

Test Subject
#373 Old 20th May 2021 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, use the thumbnail manager to modify all the thumbs. The recolor manager shows you the thumbnail but doesn't let you change it.

Ah, I'm sorry, I'm talking about the square swatch thumbnail, the one that's visible in CAS when choosing which recolor of CC to use, not the rectangular one that shows which recolor you've already picked.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#374 Old 20th May 2021 at 1:38 PM
Ah, I always forget the swatch thumbnail. Sorry, that one is assigned in the recolor manager and there are no shortcuts, sorry.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#375 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:30 PM
Thanks so much
Page 15 of 23