Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

by treeag Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM by treeag

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 12
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:10 PM
Very nice treeag, good job ;-)
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:50 PM
i love this download for all the hidden skills! however, i have a slight issue... in using the BV vacation learned skills, ie. dances, massages, etc... the token isnt filled in their memory suitcase...
when i took them on a tropical vacation, they werent able to choose the option of buying massage or fire dance lessons, because they already "know" them... and when they join someone in hula, the token still doesnt appear filled in...
i havent tried the oriental or mountain vacations yet... so, im not sure about the teleport or tai chi tokens, etc... but i am assuming it would be the same...
is there a way to fix this, so that the tokens do fill in, or should i just not use those options?
thanks so much!
namaste, H
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 12:42 PM
Default is there a problem with the EP's and Pets?
Quote: Originally posted by whippedbutter1976
i love this download for all the hidden skills! however, i have a slight issue... in using the BV vacation learned skills, ie. dances, massages, etc... the token isnt filled in their memory suitcase...
when i took them on a tropical vacation, they werent able to choose the option of buying massage or fire dance lessons, because they already "know" them... and when they join someone in hula, the token still doesnt appear filled in...
i havent tried the oriental or mountain vacations yet... so, im not sure about the teleport or tai chi tokens, etc... but i am assuming it would be the same...
is there a way to fix this, so that the tokens do fill in, or should i just not use those options?
thanks so much!
namaste, H

First of all, Thankyou for making this I love it! I seem to have a problem trying to use this with a cat. I saw from the screen shots you have done so.
I have all EP's & SP's upto Ikea. If you know of any issues that would be great. I will still use this for my sims.
Test Subject
#54 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 5:40 PM
whey, that was really a good thing, but i wondered if you could make one that cost more money... becouse i would like to sell it in ofb, and 5 you cant make money off. =) And is it possible to get different recollors? I have always wanted something like this, but to have all the skills and things in different books... wierd me, but this is good anyway! thanks a lott.
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Aug 2008 at 2:59 AM
Thanks for the cool book! I'm going to use it all the time:~)
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 5:35 PM
Actually, I installed FreeTime, and I had this book...
Now my sims don't do Hula and Slap Dance anymore, it gives me an error :"Invalid constant" :/
I tried to send two sims on a vacation, and they still don't do the dance, they don't even learn it.

I like killing you slowly, it makes me want you more and more...

...Laulaisit hiljaa vielä sen hitaan laulun, tänään yönä, sataa kuin tuhkani unta, tahdoin vain unohtaa...
Theorist
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 5:58 PM
Nahil : Hmmm I'll take a look at it. Weird, I have all EPs and SPs up to FT and it didn't give me any error. Does the error message pops up when you try to do the dance or when you select the option from this book?

Also, it'll be great if you can attach the error log in here.

Bonhams, I have no idea why your pets can't click on it. In my game, even puppies and kittens can do it... I'll try to look at it but can't promise anything as I can't reproduce the problem as of yet.
Test Subject
#58 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 5:04 AM
well i have bv will there travel memory show up that they learn to hula ect..
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 1:41 PM
My pets can't click on the book either.

But the book is still awesome and I love that my sims can finally have talent badges that don't require them to spend all their sim-lives to get! THANKS!! :D
Instructor
#60 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 3:44 PM
can sims study parenting? it isnt listed in skills

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Theorist
Original Poster
#61 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 3:26 AM
Ok so I was laying on my bed thinking of what could be the problem of the pets thingy. And suddenly it hits me. Boolprop controlpets on. I have it on constantly, so does my friends and brother who tested the book for me. Do you guys have it on?

knightguy, no you can't. I still can't get it to work right so it's still disabled.
Test Subject
#62 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 8:41 AM
Just want to thank you for your work,this will make Sims (and my,too..) life easier. :-)
Test Subject
#63 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Ok so I was laying on my bed thinking of what could be the problem of the pets thingy. And suddenly it hits me. Boolprop controlpets on. I have it on constantly, so does my friends and brother who tested the book for me. Do you guys have it on?

knightguy, no you can't. I still can't get it to work right so it's still disabled.

I do now. thankyou my precious.
Test Subject
#64 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 4:45 PM

Thanks! Works now! This mod is awesome, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#65 Old 8th Aug 2008 at 6:13 PM
im having problems with this i think, when i click on it and choose an action, my sim approaches, but then the icon in the top-left disappears and nothing happens... any ideas? i have all the expansions except the newest one i think... any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stef97fat
well i have bv will there travel memory show up that they learn to hula ect..

sorry to repost, but this lends itself to my question and i didnt see an answer for that yet... thanks again!
namaste, H

my previous post:

thanks so much!
namaste, H
Theorist
Original Poster
#67 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 9:51 AM
No, mementos tokens are not unlocked, unfortunately
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:37 PM
This is awesome - thank you! I've played for long enough to want to get to the harder stuff without spending hours maxing skills! Now I can get to the good stuff
Test Subject
#69 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 6:44 PM
This sounds great but one question, where do you find it when you install it?
Field Researcher
#70 Old 10th Aug 2008 at 11:00 PM
I have just one question though, how do you fix it so that the sim has the memory and the vacation memento token filled in? I can fix that if it's easy enough. I know nothing about making or fixing objects though. I love your book though - I've been searching for something like this since Bon Voyage came out.
Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 4:38 AM

Hey treeag, thanks for the usefull upload. Only one question though concerning the pets interaction: how do I put "Boolprop controlpets on"? My guessing is that I have to use some kind of a cheatcode. Some quick explanation on how to make this work would be great.

Thanks once again

- zeily -
Test Subject
#72 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 5:05 PM
Been looking for something like this, Thanks!!
Test Subject
#73 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 10:29 AM
you...are...a genius...!!! thank you, thank you, thank you - a million times...!!! =) yay!
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:05 PM
hi
i have put the book in my sims' house, but can't get them to do anything with it! I click on the thing i want them to do and the little square thing goes up to the top of the screen, and then fades.
Do i need Bon Voyage for this to work, or is it something else?
Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 3:19 PM
That's how it works. Sims will not read the book, it's intended. Your sim should have learned the skill, check it out
Page 3 of 12