Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

by Buzzler Posted 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM by Buzzler

318 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 13
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#76 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
But CAS family or EA built-in family still don't have the "Order Food" in their cellphone at first time.
Try now. You might need to change the active sim once to make it work; I didn't check.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Forum Resident
#77 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:41 AM
The cellphone is working now Thank you very much
Mad Poster
#78 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
@ani_ & anak_ponti: Should be fixed now.

Thank you, works great now.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:32 AM
sadly none of your mods work on my game
Test Subject
#80 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:06 AM
Same with SkullJune. I really wanted this mod and the Carpool Disabler. But none of them are working for me. I am using a Mac if that helps.
Original Poster
#81 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:56 AM
@SkullJune & lycalyca: Sorry, but this is not an issue caused by my mods. Nothing in the mods could cause them to work for some users but not for others. I suggest you look at the Package Wiki again and follow it to the letter. I advise using the "Game is Patched" method, for it is way simpler than the old method. To use my mods, your game needs to be patched to game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 anyway.

Test Subject
#82 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 3:33 AM
@SkullJune & lycalyca: Sorry, but this is not an issue caused by my mods. Nothing in the mods could cause them to work for some users but not for others. I suggest you look at the Package Wiki again and follow it to the letter. I advise using the "Game is Patched" method, for it is way simpler than the old method. To use my mods, your game needs to be patched to game version 1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 anyway.

I see. By 4.0 did you mean just 4.0 or 4.0 and up? Cause I'm patched to 4.2. Thanks

EDIT: read the overview and yeah it should work with 4.2. Sorry about that. Just my bad luck I guess. But thanks!
Mad Poster
#83 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 9:43 AM
Found two more bugs.
1. You cant que calls, the last call will always override the first one
2. You can't order food before the first order has been delivered.

Basically I was trying to order both the main course and desert for a party, and had to wait till the first order came before being able to order the second.
Original Poster
#84 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
1. You cant que calls, the last call will always override the first one
Should be fixed now.

Quote:
2. You can't order food before the first order has been delivered.
How does that emerge? I've just tried that and it works for me. I don't create new NPCs right now, so the number of orders is limited by the number of existing pizza NPCs. By default that should be two or three IIRC. Do you use a mod to reduce that number?

Mad Poster
#85 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 12:18 PM
Should be fixed now.

How does that emerge? I've just tried that and it works for me. I don't create new NPCs right now, so the number of orders is limited by the number of existing pizza NPCs. By default that should be two or three IIRC. Do you use a mod to reduce that number?

It emerged so that there was always a mixup in my delivery. And I do use awesome, and that reduced the number of NPC's. But good to know what the cause was.
Original Poster
#86 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:22 PM
It emerged so that there was always a mixup in my delivery.
I don't get it. What kind of mixup?

Quote:
And I do use awesome, and that reduced the number of NPC's.
My current game is running with AM too, but I still have two pizza NPCs. I might look into creating new ones if there aren't enough, but that will have to wait. I'm working on the BoxOfSeeds right now; basically trying to get it working again.

Mad Poster
#87 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:27 PM
I don't get it. What kind of mixup?
When I call the second time, it immediately tells me there was some problem with the delivery. I don't remember the exact text because I'm not currently playing. But the moment the first delivery was done, I was able to call and get the second meal.

By the way, have you thought that instead of one meal/call, all meals will be listed in a pie menu picker, and you could order several meals with one call? then you wouldn't have to create new NPCs.
Original Poster
#88 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:56 PM
When I call the second time, it immediately tells me there was some problem with the delivery.
Immediately? The interaction can only immediately fail and show a notification about it if the target is not a restaurant or the InteractionInstance has no InteractionDefinition. Both is virtually impossible. If it fails after the phone call, then it means that no worker for the service could be found.

Quote:
By the way, have you thought that instead of one meal/call, all meals will be listed in a pie menu picker, and you could order several meals with one call? then you wouldn't have to create new NPCs.
You mean an ObjectPickerDialog? That would basically result in rewriting a big chunk of the mod from scratch. And I would have to list all recipes in one confusingly big dialog. I don't know if I feel like doing that.

Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:32 AM
Fantastic, thank you!
Test Subject
#90 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 1:50 PM
it does not show up in mine even if I start a new town
Original Poster
#91 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dandy909
it does not show up in mine even if I start a new town
Whether the town is new or not doesn't matter for this mod. Only the restaurants have to exist already. If you place them afterwards, you have to save and reload.

If the mod doesn't work for you, you have framework failure. Please read and follow the instructions given in the Package Wiki.

Mad Poster
#92 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:38 AM
does this mod clash with anything?

i've tried installing it, but now using it in my game causes all of my sims in the household to lose their 'freewill' privileges, and they'll hardly do anything by themselves.
Original Poster
#93 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
does this mod clash with anything?
As a script mod it's virtually incapable to clash with anything.

Quote:
i've tried installing it, but now using it in my game causes all of my sims in the household to lose their 'freewill' privileges, and they'll hardly do anything by themselves.
I don't use high free will, but I don't see how this mod could cause this. I only temporarily disable the autonomy of the delivery sims, in the same way the EAxian services do it.

Lab Assistant
#94 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:31 PM
I truly love this mod.
Any chance of updating for FLS?
Original Poster
#95 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zhyzathn
I truly love this mod.
Any chance of updating for FLS?
All my mods are already compatible with FLS. I just wasn't sure of the version number, that's why it's not listed. Just to clarify: As far as script mods go, game version 1.15 isn't actually different from game version 5.0; the game code is absolutely identical. I don't actually support game versions, I support a code version (0.2.0.113 right now) and this code version is the same for a bunch of game versions on the same related patch level. That's why I can just write 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3/5.0 without ever testing it with anything else than 4.3.

Lab Assistant
#96 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 3:58 PM
Thank you so much! I'll put them back in (3 of my mods are yours). I took everything out because I had a sudden message saying I had a mod that wasnt compatible but didnt know which is was. So I took all of my treasured mods out and asked about an update on each of them.
There are 10 mods I just cant live without! LOL
Appreciate the explanation! : )
Original Poster
#97 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zhyzathn
I took everything out because I had a sudden message saying I had a mod that wasnt compatible but didnt know which is was.
Odd. The game should tell you the filename of the mod in question. Where and when did that message pop up?

Test Subject
#98 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 6:19 AM
Awesome idea! It makes perfect sense that your Sims should be able to get take out if they can't cook. I can use it to stock up on meals for my sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 6:45 PM
Amazing!!! I like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 25th Oct 2010 at 6:30 AM
wow! FABULOUAS IDEA! I <3 it. I used to kinda enjoy getting take-out on sims2, but they always gave you way too much chinese...anyway! Thanks a bunch for this WONDERFUL mod!
xxxx
Page 4 of 13