Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Always Start Lots Paused

by scumbumbo Posted 8th Oct 2014 at 3:34 AM - Updated 13th Nov 2018 at 8:39 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Python 3.7.0 (Nov 13, 2018)

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Check that the update didn't disable script mods in your game options - the updates do that to pretty much everyone's machine but mine. Wish I knew why mine doesn't turn it off, but I'm just glad that it doesn't!

I did test the mod last night and it should be working. There may be hidden problems, so I'll update if required. We just got the new XML data from EA today, so I'm fixing some mods that I know for sure are broken first, but all shall be tested/updated given time.

There is a minor issue with this mod. Lot starts paused alright, but I can't use P to resume time. This was possible before the patch. Once I press either 1, 2 or 3. Time will continue and P will have it's normal Pause/Resume function again. This happens every time I send a sim to an new lot.

On a side note, you are not alone, there is at least one more player where the script mods don't get disabled.
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Check that the update didn't disable script mods in your game options - the updates do that to pretty much everyone's machine but mine. Wish I knew why mine doesn't turn it off, but I'm just glad that it doesn't!

I did test the mod last night and it should be working. There may be hidden problems, so I'll update if required. We just got the new XML data from EA today, so I'm fixing some mods that I know for sure are broken first, but all shall be tested/updated given time.

A big thank you! I had not seen the game options had been changed at that point. Your mods now work and I am very happy because I love them very much and I could not play without them now
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ictena
There is a minor issue with this mod. Lot starts paused alright, but I can't use P to resume time. This was possible before the patch. Once I press either 1, 2 or 3. Time will continue and P will have it's normal Pause/Resume function again. This happens every time I send a sim to an new lot.

On a side note, you are not alone, there is at least one more player where the script mods don't get disabled.

P to resume time after lot loading is a problem without this mod too. Seems like a patch bug, not mod related.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelleny
P to resume time after lot loading is a problem without this mod too. Seems like a patch bug, not mod related.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I noticed that, too, P not working "like it used to" even after the initial mod-enforced pause was released. I'm glad (well, sort of...) to know it's an EA thing, and not a mod issue. Love my mods!

Good thing, too, I bet I'll be seeing more of them updated following GTW's landing. Fun times... who knew Sims4 would come with a second hobby attached, mod-hunting? LOL
Field Researcher
#55 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 2:18 PM
Is this wundefull mod updatet For GTW ?
Deceased
Original Poster
#56 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiny0190
Is this wundefull mod updatet For GTW ?
I don't think it will require updating for GTW, it's already been checked with the latest patch and the whole game, expansions and all, uses that same code. I don't have the EP yet, not sure when I'll get around to picking that up. But it should work fine since it's not an XML mod!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 2:04 PM
Thanks ! it work 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 7:39 AM
Very handful, thanks!
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 5:55 PM
I have GTW and this mod and so far I found no bugs
Deceased
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lombus
I have GTW and this mod and so far I found no bugs
Thanks, still not GTW here so glad to hear it's working!
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:12 PM
Is it compatible with the May patch?
Deceased
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leora.
Is it compatible with the May patch?

Yes it is, no update is required.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 4:30 PM
This mod is amazing, i always go do something else while i wait for sims 4 to load and seeing how i don't trust the autonomy system enough to let it play the game for me till i reach the computer this mod is an instant fave.
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 9:54 PM
Hi.I thinks this mod would help AFKing while loading a lot again from recent patch.I would appreciate if you would update for recent patch.Thanks in advance.
Deceased
Original Poster
#65 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 7:35 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (August 8) game patch.
Test Subject
#66 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 8:50 PM
Yes,you are right.I just forgot to check script MOD again after patch.Then this works fine.Or after graphic driver update.Anyway I thank your modding/updating
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 10:50 PM
could this mod be updated to dec 4th patch please? its no longer working in my game!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gh0stic
could this mod be updated to dec 4th patch please? its no longer working in my game!

It works for me. EA added a feature to automatically disable mods with the update. Did you go into the options to reactivate them?
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 5:36 PM
This mod no longer seems to be working for me. I have all EPs and updates, but I just came back to Sims recently so I can't say for sure what exactly did it in. I double and triple checked and I definitely have mods enabled in the settings, and other mods work just fine. I suppose an update is needed? I'd really like to see this working again, this mod is pretty much essential for me to play lol. Thanks for all that you do~
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 3:39 PM
no longer works
Deceased
Original Poster
#71 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iraeshin
no longer works

Could've sworn I tested this and it was working okay, but not sure now. I never use it anymore since MC Command Center does the same thing. I'll pull that out and put this one in and check it again....

ETA - Yup, it's still working fine and not creating any errors. Not sure why it wouldn't be working for some as long as it is installed properly, script mods are enabled, and no other mods are conflicting with it.

Remember that, as a script mod, it must be installed in the mods folder itself, or a maximum of one subfolder deep. And don't extract the files, just copy the zip file you download straight into your mods folder. If that's right and you have script mods enabled, it should be working fine.
Instructor
#72 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 4:55 AM
This mod works fine for me too.

Thank you scumbumbo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 4:03 AM
This mod is a life saver. Thanks scumbumbo! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 5:49 AM
Does this work for the June patch? :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 7:01 PM
This is a must have in my book! Thank you!
Page 3 of 4