Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:22 PM Last edited by sam374 : 15th Dec 2021 at 3:36 AM. Reason: thought the title needed proper caps,. (previously [Kp]) ((it won't cap initials, nvmind))
Kp?
what ever happened to Katy Perry's pack?,. did she ask to have it removed?,.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 8:46 PM
It was retired back in 2013. Any media that pays to use a specific person's brand/likeness typically only does so for so long. TS4 was thought to be right around the corner at that time, so they probably didn't think it was worth it to renew the contract to use her likeness.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 1:26 AM
You can still get disc copies floating around. I got KP last year, brand new and sealed, off Ebay.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 1:51 AM Last edited by igazor : 11th Dec 2021 at 8:18 AM.
I'm not supposed to tell players this, but the Katy SP comes with a secret object in BuyDebug that, once loaded, magically makes the game 128-bit on Windows and increases the suitable resident population for most worlds from 200-300 where it now is to 7.8 billion. But shh, don't tell anyone else!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 3:04 AM
Please never change igazor.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 7:04 AM
I have the Katy Perry edition of Showtime, and it has glitter on the front of the box. Be jealous, simmers!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm not supposed to tell players this, but the Katy SP comes with a secret object in BuyDebug that, once loaded, magically makes the game 128-bit on Windows and increases the suitable resident population for most worlds from 200-300 where it now is to 7.8 billion. But shh, don't tell anyone else!

I can confirm, with Katy Perry Sweet Treats my game loads faster than Sims 2 and outruns the Smooth Patch! Y'all need this pack!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 11:57 AM
I love KP stuff pack even though I am not a fan of the singer at at all especially the furniture and the venues,and I always place the swiming pool from the pack in my game. I like kawaii and cute stuffs a lot,no offenses haters.
If you want to get it, there are magic places that shares everything in Internet...

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
but but but... WHY?!?!?

So you can set the content of it and bothersome Sims ablaze, duh.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
but but but... WHY?!?!?

Because when EA released that god-awful Cats & Dogs pack that was nothing but floor tiles and decals, for appalling TS4, I said that when I could find a copy of KPST I would buy it, now quite happy with the knowledge that I would not be buying the worst Stuff Pack that EA had ever released

Also can confirm my game loads 500% faster with KP installed :D

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
InnaLisa Pose Archive
Instructor
#12 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I have the Katy Perry edition of Showtime, and it has glitter on the front of the box. Be jealous, simmers!

Can confirm it is sparkly, I have it displayed so the sparkles blind everyone as the light catches them. I do need to get the Sweet Treats as I have a "must have complete collection" syndrome and it is the only pack I do not have. I figure I can make a nice candy shop with it. And it can't possibly be worse than Sims4 packs.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 5:52 PM
Despite, KPST is one of my least favorite stuff packs, I got it anyway because I already knew I wanted to complete my TS3 collection since I missed out on most of TS2 during its time. However, I wouldn't have gotten any EP or SP if there was not at least something that I liked. The dress I like reminds me of Jessica Rabbit is one of my favorites and the sweet candy objects can be used in bakeries, around the house, as a themed amusement park, etc.

The only reason I have the KP collector's edition of Showtime is for the extra content. Extra content that I barely use but will plan eventually something for it. The hairstyle though is unfortunately not even available for most or all the clothing categories which is annoying but there's a mod somewhere for that, I just don't remember where I seen that.

Edit: Oh yeah, I do remember dressing my Sims up for Halloween as Jessica Rabbit and Roger Rabbit, lol.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 6:08 PM
Stop it! You're all making me want to re-install KP!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#16 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 11:45 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, KPST does have some (niche) uses, particularly from a building perspective. That's literally the only reason I bought it lol. And as has been mentioned already, the worst stuff pack of TS3 still isn't as bad as some of the TS4 packs.

Instructor
#17 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 7:21 AM
Eh I bought Sweet Treats on sale because I wanted the arcade machine in it. It has a cool new video play, you know. Though I'm still depressed she didn't sing Fireworks in simlish lol.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 3:32 AM
just i'd promised her i'd get it, but steam removed it,.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 7:24 PM
Hoo boy, I sure do have a lot of thoughts on this!

So background, I'm actually a huge fan of Katy, I've been listening to her music since 2010 and I've listened fully to almost all her albums, even some of her unreleased work. I've gone to see her live in my home country twice (tickets were expensive but it's KATY FREAKING PERRY!! ) With that in mind, as a Katy stan, Sweet Treats is a huuuge disappointment not only as a Sims player but also a Katy stan. The main problem that I see with the pack is a REALLY bad lack of direction, they could've actually given us content that mixes both usability in your actual sims games while paying homage to Perry's style and looks.

To put it more bluntly, where are the colorful wigs that Perry was known for in the 2010s? Her iconic awards show outfits? The outfits she wore during performances? But nope, let's just slap a bunch of candy shit on already existing meshes and call it a day.

Like, a lot of the hairstyles and clothes in these pics I can see actual Sims wearing. Can't say the same for the candy outfits that make sims look like crackheads. Additionally, they kind of chose the worst era to collab with Katy, because the eras before and after Teenage Dream have actually really pretty visuals. The album before Teenage Dream, One Of The Boys, had a very "Betty Boop meets punk rock" girl aesthetic from Perry which I would've loved to see in a pack, while the album after Teenage Dream, Prism, had this beautiful sunflower cottagecore aesthetic that again was stunning. They just had to chose the album era where she was giving looks that

Basically TLDR; EA could've given us a really cool Katy inspired pack, but they were lazy and gave us some ugly shit.

Also the "official" Katy Perry sim from EA is actually ugly as crap and looks NOTHING like the real Perry. She honestly should've sued them for making her look so bad, fan recreations are so much better. That's the tea~

Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 8:19 PM
This was the only thing I did not get for 3 and I have zero regrets.