Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#176 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:31 PM
thanx for the link now i know whats wrong, i have stairs to a ground level for a garden and that doenst work...
Advertisement
Theorist
#177 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 2:51 PM Last edited by GuardStud08 : 7th Jun 2009 at 7:18 PM.
Project Name: Maria Avenue
Date Started: 6/6/09 (5:36 pm Central Time)
Release Date: 6/9/09-6/10/09

Ok this is my first home on Sims 2 WITHOUT a foundation. I was kind of scared at first, cause I prefer having foundations, but other creators have inspired me to experiment. Here’s a little information and screenshots on it:

Bedrooms: 1
Baths: 1.5
Kitchen and Dining Room
Attached Garage
Pond
“Walk Around” sidewalk

Please note its no where near completion. I’m working hard on the outside first, then I’ll worry about the inside. The backyards sidewalk is killing me . It isn’t feeling right to me. Maybe it’s creator fatigue?! (Gasp!) Also, I’m considering widening the upper story to accommodate two bedrooms. Do you think I should? Anyway, what do you guys think about it so far?

Please give me your opinions,
~GuardStud08

Update

Here's a new picture of the backyard:

Screenshots

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RubberBoy
Well Ive put it on the back burner due to a problem that no one seems to be able to answer lol

I mean Ive made the bloody domes, the columns and some other stuff (like signage etc) but I actually have a game problem that has made me stuck?!

When I change it to a dorm lot I can move a student in it but when you get to the lot again it wont let you play them rofl

Oh well Ill carry it on some time when I figure out why its doing that

(major sucks has I have made the main dorm, the church, the rectory)

I had the same problem once, and it was because i removed the mail box.
Once I put one again all worked fine!
Scholar
#179 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:41 AM
GuardStud08-the roof near small tower looks like pyramid,try to fix that.The same for roofs near garage.When I look at it,it looks nice,but add some flowers/shrubs/bushes in front of the house.For backyard,you have small lake and you put bridge over it?Delete it,it will look better.I see that edges aren't flat,ones near lake.Lot won't be accepted until they are 100%flat.And since house looks more in older style than newer,I recommend you to delete pool and make patio.And put redbrick driveway instead of grey one.And try using lighter roof,this looks very dark.
For inside:kitchen and living room are very big.Your half bath is very big for half bath,and on the second floor,bathroom is almost larger than bedroom.
Here is idea,look at pictures.
I hope this helps.
Screenshots
Theorist
#180 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM Last edited by GuardStud08 : 8th Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pegasaus
GuardStud08-the roof near small tower looks like pyramid,try to fix that.The same for roofs near garage.When I look at it,it looks nice,but add some flowers/shrubs/bushes in front of the house.For backyard,you have small lake and you put bridge over it?Delete it,it will look better.I see that edges aren't flat,ones near lake.Lot won't be accepted until they are 100%flat.And since house looks more in older style than newer,I recommend you to delete pool and make patio.And put redbrick driveway instead of grey one.And try using lighter roof,this looks very dark.
For inside:kitchen and living room are very big.Your half bath is very big for half bath,and on the second floor,bathroom is almost larger than bedroom.
Here is idea,look at pictures.
I hope this helps.

Lol, it looks better like that as well. I added shurbs and flowers last night and I'll fix the rooms, remove the pool, and fix the roofs right now. Thanks for your opinion. *Loads Sims 2 and works*

EDIT:

Well I tried to make the changes. Everything worked except the roof. Also, I removed the pond and added something else. The pictures will tell. I have to say your suggestions actually make more sense then what I was doing. Thanks pegasaus. Feel free to tell me more :D
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#181 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 1:59 AM
my new building is on line, it was a massive project but it all came out okay :o`

it is the Palace of brussels, it really exist.
http://www.planetware.com/i/photo/p...ussels-b123.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/content...03/34ezicht.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/content....3725/frontl.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/...iumfrontpic.jpg

What do you think
Theorist
#182 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:45 AM
Very nice !jolien!. Awesome work.

Lab Assistant
#183 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
Very nice !jolien!. Awesome work.

thanx, worked a hole day without a break on that building, like 14 hours
i'm glad you like it lets hope it will get feautured too, but i am not hoping too mutch at it... no building of mine ever bin rewarded with feautured so.. we will see
Lab Assistant
#184 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GuardStud08
Lol, it looks better like that as well. I added shurbs and flowers last night and I'll fix the rooms, remove the pool, and fix the roofs right now. Thanks for your opinion. *Loads Sims 2 and works*

EDIT:

Well I tried to make the changes. Everything worked except the roof. Also, I removed the pond and added something else. The pictures will tell. I have to say your suggestions actually make more sense then what I was doing. Thanks pegasaus. Feel free to tell me more :D
`

Maybe i dont know mutch about building houses, but i like that version of your house better than the old one , nice work!!
Scholar
#185 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:02 AM
GuardStud08-House looks nice,but still I have some ideas for your home.
First,in backyard you have MANY chairs and benches.House is made for three sims and in backyard there are 16 places for sitting!And area near back door looks like outside restaurant!For inside,your armchair is very near sofa,it's better to place it near coffee table and rotate it to coffee table.It's better to delete stereo,it's very near piano,and both items make music.And black tiles in kitchen make kitchen very dark,and that blue rug looks horrible in kitchen.Also in garage,put redbrick tiles.For second floor,that rug at top of stairs don't get good with other furniture.In bedroom change that crazy tiles in wood ones.And move bed,because how it looks now,only one sim can sleep.
For front,see picture.
I hope this helps.

!jolien!-Palace is awesome!But it needs a lot of work to be finished.Great work!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:31 PM
First,in backyard you have MANY chairs and benches.House is made for three sims and in backyard there are 16 places for sitting!And area near back door looks like outside restaurant!For inside,your armchair is very near sofa,it's better to place it near coffee table and rotate it to coffee table.It's better to delete stereo,it's very near piano,and both items make music.And black tiles in kitchen make kitchen very dark,and that blue rug looks horrible in kitchen.Also in garage,put redbrick tiles.For second floor,that rug at top of stairs don't get good with other furniture.In bedroom change that crazy tiles in wood ones.And move bed,because how it looks now,only one sim can sleep.
For front,see picture.
I hope this helps.

!jolien!-Palace is awesome!But it needs a lot of work to be finished.Great work!

The palace is finished now... otherwise the game crashes, i really cant get it any better than that. sorry but the building is already a giant thing, so for me it is a finished chapter. and btw what has to be changed, i made it like it is in the real world.... i checked everything twice and watched for the possibility's.... the driveways are indeend not so good, but sims 2 doesnt allow you to put gates on that part does it also, i only build without downloade objects, it is a pretty boring palace and i watched sky pictures and angle pictures of the building, if i am going to add things now it wouldnt be the palace of belgium anymore.
Theorist
#187 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:10 PM
For front,see picture.
I hope this helps.

You're very helpful. Thank you. Now that you mention it, I do have to many chairs in the backyard. I guess I went overboard.

Scholar
#188 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
!jolien!-I thought that you will furnish it,but yes it's very big so it's better to upload it unfurnished.

GuardStud08-Thank you for listening my ideas
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
it is furnitured pegasus and if my game, let me make it the way you wanted it, i would do it, it is furnished and the 3th floor is empty, sorry if my reaction sounded a bit rude.
Scholar
#190 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:40 PM
!jolien!-why you listen what I say?I thought that you will furnish it,then you said that you won't,then I say OK,then you say that you did as I wanted.I saw it on your profile and it looks amazing!
Test Subject
#191 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
Ok after many days of trying and failing to get sims 2 installed, I am giving up. I am going to wipe the hard drive clean except for a few essential files. and then save up over the next couple of weeks to buy sims 3. although i am unsure as to what the specifications for sims 3 or my laptop are I'll just have to guess. anyways I might get a new laptop for my birthday so Fingers Crossed!

"Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on the side of a Boeing 747
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:20 PM
I wouldn't hope too much for sims 3 to work on any laptop (typically laptops just aren't designed to run big games, and if you think sims 2 is big and difficult to play smoothly, then sims 3 is going to be 10 times worse, from what I've been hearing). Have you tried making a thread in the game support forum, conor_wilson? I'm sure someone there ought to be able to help you. I don't know where that forum is, but it should be hanging around here somewhere, I should think. However, HERE is a wiki link that might help you in getting sims 2 to install. After wiping your hard drive, try to install your sims 2 games again. Chances are that wiping the drive will clear any problems you've been having. Also, depending on your problems, maybe your dvd or cd drive has failed or is failing? That would keep you from installing and then playing the games.

I've just had another of my lots approved (yay!), and I'm about to go and submit another one. 814 Glen Ellen Lane is approved, and Candlewick Estate will hopefully be approved soon.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Atra gülai un ilian taught ono un atra ono waíse sköliro frá rauthr.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345701

This is a new house i made with the use of 2 new cheats that i never used before, grind lines gone, for a believeble garden and level flooring for the driveway gate. i really like
it , i know it is just a simple shape, but, something of the house in the modern style it is gives me a feeling that its a comy house. i know its not a perfect house, but i wantet to try everything out
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:06 PM
Default Party boat
after a long while i decided to make another boat, here is a pic of it, its not finished yet but you see what it will be..
In it are a disco, jaccuzi, restaurant , bars, games
and go on like that what u think so far, the poles are gon btw :-)

The inside is allmost done, outside is everything done

Lab Assistant
#195 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 9:51 PM
*mouth drops* What an incredible inspiration, Jolien! That miniature steamliner is swell (or is it a paddleboat?? I might suggest some smoke stacks). I'm green with envy that I didn't think of it first... Maybe I could take it along another route, though. I was watching the news and someplace in Europe (tentatively, someplace dutch by the sounds of the language) houseboats are becoming increasingly popular due to how the water continually swells or something like that and swamps the mainland (I didn't get to see the whole report), and so lots of people were buying and building houseboats to live on. There is some potential there, methinks, for some sims2 lots.

In your Villa Moderna, does that slide that goes into the pool actually work? I've tried that, and the sims just get stuck (standing on the water) and you must teleport them to the mailbox or something like that to get them unstuck.

Atra esterní ono thelduin/Mor'ranr lífa unin hjarta onr/Un du evarínya ono varda.
Theorist
#196 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
(o)___(o)!!!

Oh my gosh!! This roof is really ticking me off!!! I CANNOT get it to work. Either it looks funky or it says “Item cannot be placed”. Also if you look at the pics, how do I fix that? Is it fixable? Will it affect my Sims way of living? I’ve tried and tried to fix this roof, but NO luck. So frustrating!! Any advice/help?

!jolien!- Awesome
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#197 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 10:14 PM
GuardStud08, this is a fairly classic problem if you ask me. I get this problem no less than 2 or 3 times for almost every house I make. One might think I'd've gotten the hang of it by now, but I haven't. I can't ever remember what I did to fix it the last time I get the error, and I guess I haven't the sense to write it down. Somehow I always manage to fix the problem... Someone else might be able to help you, tho! I do know that sometimes objects INSIDE the rooms will get in the way (for whatever reason) and will put gaps in the walls and roofing... I've found that sometimes (not all the time) moving all the furniture and decor will solve this problem (move stuff, put in roof, and replace stuff). I might try that...

Lab Assistant
#198 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM Last edited by !jolien! : 12th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Naeniver
*mouth drops* What an incredible inspiration, Jolien! That miniature steamliner is swell (or is it a paddleboat?? I might suggest some smoke stacks). I'm green with envy that I didn't think of it first... Maybe I could take it along another route, though. I was watching the news and someplace in Europe (tentatively, someplace dutch by the sounds of the language) houseboats are becoming increasingly popular due to how the water continually swells or something like that and swamps the mainland (I didn't get to see the whole report), and so lots of people were buying and building houseboats to live on. There is some potential there, methinks, for some sims2 lots.

In your Villa Moderna, does that slide that goes into the pool actually work? I've tried that, and the sims just get stuck (standing on the water) and you must teleport them to the mailbox or something like that to get them unstuck.

As long as you dont steal my ideas its fine, cause boat building on that way is kind of the first thing that i did on mts, and in villa moderna, the slide is actually a swimming pool slide so, yes, it works And building such a boat takes loads of inspiration and building techniques, expirimenting with shapes and such its not a steamlinerits a yacht actually steamliners are if it has bigger size, but my goal still ils , to be as good as vindicare, but, i cant and.. for more boats, check my profile and you will see a whole fleet for your own marina harbor
Lab Assistant
#199 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Ah, I see. I've tried using the regular playground slide with no luck. And no worries, I won't steal any ideas. I am wondering, however, if it would be possible to make a boat with a story underwater? That would be really neat, but I don't know if it would be possible. I've an idea, and I think I could get it to work, actually. I'm currently building this massive castle (one level, plus basement, a moat and bridge as well...) and I have my basement going nearly (just shy) of the moat... I'll have to toy with that idea though.

And that is an impressive handful of houseboats! You have a fantastic touch when it comes to making houses. I tend to make fairly ordinary houses, and I don't have that certain knack for landscaping or anything. I tend to do well with interior design... sometimes. But I always get blown away with the fantastic buildings other people make. Like those Harry Potter buildings (Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, etc.), and so on.

I did once make this house real fast for my sister where it was some sort of gravity-defying sort of thing (a house elevated over a lake with almost no support). It looked a little weird, though...

Lab Assistant
#200 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naeniver
Ah, I see. I've tried using the regular playground slide with no luck. And no worries, I won't steal any ideas. I am wondering, however, if it would be possible to make a boat with a story underwater? That would be really neat, but I don't know if it would be possible. I've an idea, and I think I could get it to work, actually. I'm currently building this massive castle (one level, plus basement, a moat and bridge as well...) and I have my basement going nearly (just shy) of the moat... I'll have to toy with that idea though.

And that is an impressive handful of houseboats! You have a fantastic touch when it comes to making houses. I tend to make fairly ordinary houses, and I don't have that certain knack for landscaping or anything. I tend to do well with interior design... sometimes. But I always get blown away with the fantastic buildings other people make. Like those Harry Potter buildings (Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, etc.), and so on.

I did once make this house real fast for my sister where it was some sort of gravity-defying sort of thing (a house elevated over a lake with almost no support). It looked a little weird, though...

I tried also, with a basement as the part under the wather , but the problem than is, that you see its in the ground cause the basement goes to the floor and that makes it less boat like, i really tried many things, but it didnt work maybe if one person on mts, makes a mesh or something for a boat, but no it is impossible i think, mayby vindicare knows, Greetings Jolene

Page 8 of 15