Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

550 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 447 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 23
Test Subject
#126 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:48 PM
I have this problem, is my mesh too complicated? Is there a solution other than splitting it up into two parts? Thank you!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#127 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enzap3
hello but with the new update it does not work anymore this is no lai a new ???

The patch yesterday included a new version of the meshes, so I have to update.

Quote: Originally posted by wenwem
I have this problem, is my mesh too complicated? Is there a solution other than splitting it up into two parts? Thank you!

Probably and probably. You can try the mesh with more than 60 bones but it'll probably distort in the game and you'll have to split it up.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#128 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:32 PM
Default ciao
then it makes me another mistake when it has bribed after in the game leaving me as I solve it ??
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:35 PM
Hey! I know you're working on an update, but I just thought I would add that it doesn't let you get any of the CAS asset textures from EP04 (Cats & Dogs) hope you get it updated fast, thanks!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#130 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 1:27 PM
Update - the change to the mesh resource is what's causing arm positioning to not work right, and I believe this is affecting all current CC clothing. I'm working on CAS Tools being able to fix this with existing clothing packages.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#131 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:03 PM
before the update of dogs and cats my cc was seen so with your arms open after the update you see how i make it come as before ???
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:07 PM
I stopped to create cc for the fault of your arms please solve it and release a verasion that solves the problem of the arms please thank you very much <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#133 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:14 PM
CAS Tools V2.7.0.1 is now uploaded. It can now handle the new GEOM mesh format. Opening a package with meshing in the old format and saving it as a new package should fix the arm position problem. The Fix Arm Positioning tool in the 'Clone Package Editor' / 'Mesh Properties and Fixers' tab should fix any problem arm positioning in new format meshes.

I uploaded V2.7.0.0 and then fixed the issue of Cats & Dogs textures not showing up, so be sure to grab V2.7.0.1. (Thank you spotharris)

Please report problems by describing what you were trying to do, what went wrong, what error messages you got if any, and upload any relevant packages, meshes, textures, etc you were working with. Thank you!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#134 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:41 PM
thank you heart but could not do a tutorial to solve the problem of the arms ??
Test Subject
#135 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 10:57 PM
Default ciao
there is a problem with the version you put when you get fat you see the lines see ??
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#136 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:03 PM
Please upload your package so I can take a look.

To fix the arms:
Open the package in CAS Tools
Click Save As and save a new package with the arms fixed
:D

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 11:58 PM
you can do photos I did not understand
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 4:58 AM
Thank You! I'm lost without this
:-)
Test Subject
#139 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The patch yesterday included a new version of the meshes, so I have to update.

Probably and probably. You can try the mesh with more than 60 bones but it'll probably distort in the game and you'll have to split it up.

Thank you very much!That's the problem.
Now it's happening again, What should I do?
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#140 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:16 PM
Please upload the package.

Test Subject
#141 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:02 PM
Please upload the package.

In this
Attached files:
File Type: rar  wenwem.rar (3.89 MB, 6 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#142 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:51 PM
You mean the faces breaking apart, right? I assume you made it with CAS Tools AutoTool since I get the same results. I think I know where the problem is, but have to work on fixing it. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Test Subject
#143 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:51 AM
You mean the faces breaking apart, right? I assume you made it with CAS Tools AutoTool since I get the same results. I think I know where the problem is, but have to work on fixing it. Thanks for letting me know about this!

With this S4CASTools_2_4_0_0 version binding, it won't be like this, since I started using the new version of S4CASTools_2_6_0_1
Thank you very much! My English is very poor, I do not know whether you can understand the expression, the tool of making most of CC are very good, but there is a problem is to use the S4CASTools tool to start from me, there is a dress bound leg after the problem of uneven grid, my friends have the same problem, I had to after the split model blender is used to transfer weight to repair.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#144 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:25 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 13th Nov 2017 at 2:35 PM.
Sorry, I don't understand. Is it a problem with bone weights? Can you show pictures?

Also please be patient, there are other changes EA made in the meshes and I'm still finding out about them and working on fixing them.

Edit: You're right, the autoconversion in the older version works perfectly. I must have broken it somehow but I'll go back to the one that works. Thanks!

Test Subject
#145 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM
hi i keep getting a pop up when i try to morth cc could you pls update this tool or fix it , it keeps saying the reference is not a valid ts4 mesh and i know what im doing this right but i have never had this before
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#146 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:27 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Nov 2017 at 1:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by diversedking
hi i keep getting a pop up when i try to morth cc could you pls update this tool or fix it , it keeps saying the reference is not a valid ts4 mesh and i know what im doing this right but i have never had this before

I should have a new version up shortly.

Edit: Version 2.7.1.0 is uploaded, with fixes for the autoconversion tool causing faces to separate and to reject new format meshes used as reference. There's also a fix for the distortion of dresses and skirts in the fat morph.

Test Subject
#147 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:41 AM
I just started to try modding for sims 4. And I want to make 3d mesh. But I never try any of these before. So I read a lot tutorial for create 3d mesh. Then I find your creation tool could make 3D mesh simpler.But I get some starter questions for how to use this tool. If im going to creat a new bottom mesh such as a penis, I guess its simpler to use this tool than blender? I read this tutorial http://sims4studio.com/thread/4324/...create-clothing . And i guess if i try to use this tool i will need SIMS STUDIO as well for importing files into this tool? Or I still have to use blender for it? If you can give me any tips, its gonna be great!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#148 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:31 AM
CAS Tools is made to work with Milkshape 3D, and Sims 4 Studio is made to work with Blender. You should only have to use one and which one depends on which meshing tool you prefer. If you have more questions about how to do a project you should ask in the Sims 4 creation / CAS Parts forum. http://modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=702

Test Subject
#149 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:22 AM
Default :)
thanks to you and your program your arms see a love hearty thanks if you encounter some other problem you have to check it <3 <3
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:46 PM
it dosent work i keep getting this is not a right sims4 reference mesh pls help me
Page 6 of 23