Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 80
Test Subject
#251 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 3:18 AM
Hi Cmar,

After downloading and opening the app i get abunch of error messages and messages telling me it cant read custom content. The app opens but when I try to load a sim it just sits there saying "waiting..." nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! I would attach pictures, but I'm not sure how to...Sorry!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#252 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ptann00
Hi Cmar,

After downloading and opening the app i get abunch of error messages and messages telling me it cant read custom content. The app opens but when I try to load a sim it just sits there saying "waiting..." nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! I would attach pictures, but I'm not sure how to...Sorry!

If you click Reply and scroll down a little you'll see a section for uploading files and images.

It sounds like your user path isn't set correctly to your Mods folder, and/or you've got some unreadable packages. Please upload a screen shot of your paths (Click the Setup button) and the error listing (Click the Errors button).

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#253 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 5:19 PM
Hey @CmarNYC:
Do you think it will be, a some point, possible to export sims morphs as morph targets in the dae/fbx ?
It'd be awesome. But no idea if it's complicated or not ..

Thanks !
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#254 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flemmard
Hey @CmarNYC:
Do you think it will be, a some point, possible to export sims morphs as morph targets in the dae/fbx ?
It'd be awesome. But no idea if it's complicated or not ..

Thanks !

Do you mean morphed meshes, a mesh that's the maximum effect of a morph? If so, you can get those from MorphMaker by searching for and cloning the sim modifier you want, preview it, and export the mesh.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#255 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Do you mean morphed meshes, a mesh that's the maximum effect of a morph? If so, you can get those from MorphMaker by searching for and cloning the sim modifier you want, preview it, and export the mesh.

I mean, take the sims DMap's and Geoms, and "convert" them into proper "morph targets"/blendshapes (depending on the 3D Software), so you can change those values in the 3D software.

Do you see what I mean ?

(But meanwhile I read your infos on MorphMaker about how it's handled, seems quite tricky)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#256 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flemmard
I mean, take the sims DMap's and Geoms, and "convert" them into proper "morph targets"/blendshapes (depending on the 3D Software), so you can change those values in the 3D software.

Do you see what I mean ?

(But meanwhile I read your infos on MorphMaker about how it's handled, seems quite tricky)

MorphMaker can take a DMap, bone morph, or BGEO and generate a morphed mesh. I don't know exactly what goes into a shape key or how to make one so I don't know if that's useful. If it requires a morph mesh containing the delta positions and normals, like in Sims 3, it wouldn't be hard to do that.

Test Subject
#257 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 6:45 AM
MorphMaker can take a DMap, bone morph, or BGEO and generate a morphed mesh. I don't know exactly what goes into a shape key or how to make one so I don't know if that's useful. If it requires a morph mesh containing the delta positions and normals, like in Sims 3, it wouldn't be hard to do that.

For all I saw, yeah morphs are that, "this vertex goes at max here, this one here, this one herE", it's basically a diff of two meshes, as long as vertices are all the same/same place/same count obviously
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#258 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 1:54 PM
Omg! Thank you so much for this program! You made my dream complete!!! I had a project in mind, for which this is going to be an essential tool.
Test Subject
#259 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:40 PM
Good evening, do you intend to make any improvements updates and add other things?
A doubt, the sims saved with presets and sliders does the Sim Ripper recognize right? because what I’m trying to export, recently, the vertices of Sim’s thigh are getting as if each stitch was joined (example mentioned ).
Another thing, I could add a way of being able to export only hair, clothes, shoes ... to be able to export each object that the sim is using separately in case you don't need to export everything again and take a long time.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#260 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thyagom
Good evening, do you intend to make any improvements updates and add other things?
A doubt, the sims saved with presets and sliders does the Sim Ripper recognize right? because what I’m trying to export, recently, the vertices of Sim’s thigh are getting as if each stitch was joined.
Another thing, I could add a way of being able to export only hair, clothes, shoes ... to be able to export each object that the sim is using separately in case you don't need to export everything again and take a long time.

Please upload your save game, tell me which sim you're having problems with, and upload the sim information listing and the error listing if any. It would probably help to upload the mesh and texture from SimRipper as well, and if you can upload a zip of the CC the sim uses that would help.

I'm working on separating the parts, and choosing which to export is an interesting idea.

Test Subject
#261 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 7:55 PM
Please upload your save game, tell me which sim you're having problems with, and upload the sim information listing and the error listing if any. It would probably help to upload the mesh and texture from SimRipper as well, and if you can upload a zip of the CC the sim uses that would help.

I'm working on separating the parts, and choosing which to export is an interesting idea.

I put all the information you need in the rar file. I did it with another Sim, who has the same problem for me and if not worse, for you to see.
Sim Information Link
Test Subject
#262 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 9:14 PM
I get errors such as:
"Can't read custom content packages" (At start up) and
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Is there something I'm doing wrong? This is my first time running the program. I tried looking for a readme or more instructions but I couldn't find one. This error pops up whenever I click on a save file and select a sim name. (I wanted to try and rip one of the default npc sims, then one of my own with mods on it. Neither worked."
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#263 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HackerAxe
I get errors such as:
"Can't read custom content packages" (At start up) and
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Is there something I'm doing wrong? This is my first time running the program. I tried looking for a readme or more instructions but I couldn't find one. This error pops up whenever I click on a save file and select a sim name. (I wanted to try and rip one of the default npc sims, then one of my own with mods on it. Neither worked."

It sounds like the tool can't find your mods and possibly the game packages. Please click the Errors button and see if there's more information.

Test Subject
#264 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 6:44 PM
It sounds like the tool can't find your mods and possibly the game packages. Please click the Errors button and see if there's more information.

I copy pasted the error text down below. Then I sent a picture of where I put the sim ripper folder, (in my documents folder,) and a screenshot of what it says when I try and look at where it's looking for my sims 4 things. It's all in the right place, though when I try to hit "select" I can't find any of the folders. (When I click the second select button down, it shows my documents folder but nothing happens when I click it. It won't show the other folders inside the documents folder. And when I click the last select button, it doesn't open anything.)

Earlier today, I tried downloading that .NET 4.5 you recommended, but upon downloading it said my computer already had it or a version newer.

"************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.DisplaySim(SimData sim, SimOccult occultState)
at TS4SimRipper.Form1.sims_listBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TS4SimRipper
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
s4pi.Package
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28502
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/s4pi.Package.DLL
s4pi.Interfaces
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28497
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/s4pi.Interfaces.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
PresentationCore
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
WindowsFormsIntegration
Win32 Version: 4.8.4001.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsFormsIntegration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsFormsIntegration.dll
PresentationFramework
Win32 Version: 4.8.4121.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.dll
System.Xaml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xaml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xaml.dll
PresentationFramework.Aero2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework.Aero2/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationFramework.Aero2.dll
s4pi.Settings
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2049.28496
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/s4pi.Settings.DLL
PresentationFramework-SystemXml
Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/PresentationFramework-SystemXml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/PresentationFramework-SystemXml.dll
protobuf-net
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.668
Win32 Version: 2.0.0.668
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/protobuf-net.DLL
s4pi.ImageResource
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28503
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28503
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/s4pi.ImageResource.DLL
DDSPanel
Assembly Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
Win32 Version: 2002.10.2050.28504
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/finne/Documents/MTS_CmarNYC_1906156_TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/TS4SimRipper_2_0_2_0/DDSPanel.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box."
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#265 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:28 PM
That looks correct. What I meant was to click the button in SimRipper that displays errors if there are any.

Also please upload your save game, I'll need to try it myself.

Test Subject
#266 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 11:09 PM
That looks correct. What I meant was to click the button in SimRipper that displays errors if there are any.

Also please upload your save game, I'll need to try it myself.

There were no errors in the SimRipper. I'll link the save game, it's only going to be a naked sim in an empty lot since I wanted to rip that one specific sim.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/552sojzvi...0000c.save?dl=0

(I'm new at dropbox so I'm unsure if it'll let you download this, but I hope it will. :S )
Test Subject
#267 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 9:21 PM
I put all the information you need in the rar file. I did it with another Sim, who has the same problem for me and if not worse, for you to see.
Sim Information Link

Hello Cmar, did you manage to look?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#268 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 2:07 AM
Gosh, I wish I had your intelligence and patience.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#269 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 1:46 PM
Hello Cmar, did you manage to look?

I've only taken a very quick look at this point, sorry. There's some kind of strange mesh distortion in the bridge of the nose which I have to try to figure out. The thighs seem to just be so big they overlap, but they look fine to me in a walking animation. I'm tied up with other things right now but will get back to this in a couple of days.

Test Subject
#270 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 10:50 PM
I've only taken a very quick look at this point, sorry. There's some kind of strange mesh distortion in the bridge of the nose which I have to try to figure out. The thighs seem to just be so big they overlap, but they look fine to me in a walking animation. I'm tied up with other things right now but will get back to this in a couple of days.

Ah yes. no problems! I noticed that this happens only with my male sims, female sims do not matter, even though they are very fat.
Test Subject
#271 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 12:48 AM
Hi there. Thank you so much for this fantastic tool you created it has been incredible however ever since this last patch update I dont seem to be able to save my sims as dae bc it just keeps saying saving and it doesnt go from there. Does the tool need to be updated maybe? I'm not sure since I'm such a noob at this things but it was working perfectly before so thats why I'm wondering. Thank you so much in advance .
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#272 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simpeachie
Hi there. Thank you so much for this fantastic tool you created it has been incredible however ever since this last patch update I dont seem to be able to save my sims as dae bc it just keeps saying saving and it doesnt go from there. Does the tool need to be updated maybe? I'm not sure since I'm such a noob at this things but it was working perfectly before so thats why I'm wondering. Thank you so much in advance .

I'm able to save .dae after the updates the same as before. Is it one sim or all sims? Could you upload your save file?

Test Subject
#273 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:48 PM
I'm able to save .dae after the updates the same as before. Is it one sim or all sims? Could you upload your save file?

Yes I could upload the save file and well its all sims I've tried so far but I'm gonna try with a different one and come back for an update.
Test Subject
#274 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 10:37 AM
Hi. I love the concept of this and I think it will really help for people who make realistic sims.
I decided to download it and try it for myself and originally I was getting errors saying that it couldn't read any custom content packages, but I seemed to fix that issue. I now find that the software works fine until I try and select a sim to use. when I click on a sims name, the whole program freezes and I have to force quit the software. There's no error messages now so I don't know what could be causing the program to freeze.
Hopefully these screenshots might help you to find the problem.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#275 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 1:33 PM Last edited by Flemmard : 26th Apr 2020 at 4:05 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ElleWasTaken
Hi. I love the concept of this and I think it will really help for people who make realistic sims.
I decided to download it and try it for myself and originally I was getting errors saying that it couldn't read any custom content packages, but I seemed to fix that issue. I now find that the software works fine until I try and select a sim to use. when I click on a sims name, the whole program freezes and I have to force quit the software. There's no error messages now so I don't know what could be causing the program to freeze.
Hopefully these screenshots might help you to find the problem.

Have you tried waiting a bit, like 30seconds?
Like the "Working.." means that .. it's working. So wait a bit. Dont click everywhere, just be patient, and it'll come.
Page 11 of 80