Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Working* Magazine Rack [UPD 29 jan 2009]

by Numenor Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 11:47 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:49 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

257 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 245 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 11
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 11:38 PM
Can you store photo albums in it? oh i hope so!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:16 AM
Oh, good question, I didn't try - However, it should have ALL the bookcase interactions, so I'm positive.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:18 AM
Thx!I like these wooden objects(am a sucker for wooden furnitures)

Problems installing stuffs?Use Sims2Pack Clean Installer

Problems extracting stuffs?Use ALZip
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:32 AM
This object is so useful and was so needed, I usually don't let my sims get magazines because there was no way to store them. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 4:11 AM
You are amazing! I've been waiting for something like this since Freetime arrived and started to drop tons of magazines on my sims' doorsteps.

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Test Subject
#106 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 8:53 AM
Thank you so much. Now I can let my simmies buy some papers, with out getting mad over all papers all over the houses
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 10:33 PM Last edited by simsample : 29th Jun 2008 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Is a thanks post
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I cannot wait to check out that centerfold animation in-game.

Nice.

Numenor, thanks so much for this wonderful magazine rack! My sims have millions of books and magazines piled up around their houses. Sometimes I wish I could make a custom library for them
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:35 AM
It was so needed! Thank you!
Scholar
#109 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:48 AM
This is a great idea!

I've done a translation into Urdu (using romanised spellings because I'm not sure if there even is a version of the Sims 2 in Urdu script). My Urdu is pretty limited and very literal, so if a proper speaker of Urdu would like to improve on it, their efforts would be much appreciated
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Translation-Urdu-Romanised.txt (2.3 KB, 4 downloads)
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#110 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 8:40 AM
Good work but not convinient that it can be placed on the floor only. you know how less space remained in rooms after furnishing.

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:19 AM Last edited by Numenor : 30th Jun 2008 at 9:25 AM.
Ailias - I know, and I actually agree; but as I've already explained the animations that come with the Maxis bookcases are not suitable for something placed on tables or counters; I'm no good at creating/modifying sim animations...

ieta_cassiopeia - Thanks! I'd never imagined that one day a creation of mine could be translated in Urdu But there's one problem: I looked in the available languges, and I can't find Urdu; there's Hindi, but it uses the same text as the English language. So, my question is: do you play the game in Urdu? Is it possible at all? Because if the game doesn't support Urdu, then the magazine rack can't, either.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:45 AM
Default Update!
30 June 2008 :new
Added 5 more languages.

Languages currently included in the racks (some languages don't have the exact magazine names, but it's not important):

- English (by Numenor)
- Italian (by Numenor)
- German (by Frizelbliz)
- Spanish (by Man1968)
- Swedish (by Stimy)
- French (by SeasonPink)
- Polish (by domilika)
- Urdu-Romanised (in the Hindi language) (by ieta_cassiopeia).

Test Subject
#113 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 10:12 AM
Working on the translation was a pleasure,hope you like it.
And in-game the centerfold animation is hilarius!

@Numenor
Ho letto il pm.Sarà perchè riesci a fare cose che si sognano nei piani alti?E tutto in modo amatoriale! Comunque frequento di più Modthesims2,non lo dico perchè parlo con te,ma è proprio così.(come sanguisuga *cough* avida scaricatrice di download )
Scholar
#114 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 12:14 PM
So, my question is: do you play the game in Urdu? {Numenor - 3 posts ago}

I have to admit that I play Sims 2 in English. But I am learning Urdu, and assumed that the Sims 2 would have come out in all major Earth languages by now. Apparently I assumed wrong. (I did consider doing the Spanish translation originally, but Man1968 beat me to it )

Thank you for the framework for translation - I finally have the satisfaction of having created something for The Sims 2
Mad Poster
#115 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 4:14 PM
Numenor this is fantastic but would it be possible to fix a slight animation glitch? When a Sim puts a magazine back, after they stand up their arm flicks up then down again. I have a video of it if it would help to explain better. When they put books back its fine and I haven't tried with assignments.
I did notice Sims don't carry the assignments. They just sort of stick to their hands but I'm guessing thats because assignments were never designed to be picked up again once they had been put down.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 8:31 PM
Menaceman, don't need the video, I know well the animation glitch you are talking about; and for the life of me I couldn't get rid of it: when I tried, the whole "crouch & put book away" animation vanished (the book disappeared from the standing sim's hand ).
Probably I could have tried harder some more times, but frankly I was tired: this rack took me too long to be finished and so I convinced myself that the rack was good enough to be published (I lied, of course )

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 9:48 PM
Oh, this is absolutely great. I love, love ,love it.
No more clutter everywhere and no more not being able to find the magazines. Yeah.

I have a request/idea for another rack, if you like the idea. ;-)Would you be able to make another rack which will store ONLY the homework assignments the kids bring home from school? When you have several kids they tend to drop them off kind of anywhere between the bus and their bed. Then you can click on the rack and choose "do homework ...(name of child). And if they interrupt they would place it back in the rack again. So you will be able to click again when you want them to finish.
Any way - thank you for this.
Test Subject
#118 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 12:02 AM
this is way cool! thanks a lot. this will really help my (extremely disorganized) sims to keep their stupid houses clean.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 11:11 AM
Can you make the "old" option optionable? I don't like having magazines become unreadable since it's unrealistic...
Forum Resident
#120 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 2:01 PM
This is great. I had a sim complete a novel, and after it was delivered, the maid quickly picked it up and put it away on the IKEA bookshelf. When my sim had no option of reading her own book, I started freaking out until I remembered this rack, which was also in their house. I checked, and sure enough, her novel was there.

Is this recolorable? Because I'd love a black and a white version.
Alchemist
#121 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:54 PM
It still has the jump bug in my game. I have base game through Seasons (no Pets or Stuff Packs.)
Mad Poster
#122 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo

Is this recolorable? Because I'd love a black and a white version.

You'll be pleased to know that I'm working on creating those exact recolours plus a dark wood. They would have been up a few days ago but I hit an error with them.
They should hopefully be up by this weekend at the latest.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 2:43 AM
pepsihamster - I don't like the idea of hiding the homework into a rack/bookcase: the more they clutter the house, the faster you are forced to do them I know it's a matter of taste, in the end, but no, I'm not going to allow homework to be stored in this rack, and I'm not going to create a separate rack.

Eep - Another matter of taste, I suppose. However, while the "old" state for the base-game magazine is an idea of mine, the hobby magazines become old in the game, too (maybe they take longer to become unreadable). This is intended as a fiction that actually represent the lack of interest, for a person, to re-read a magazine that has been already fully read.

AlidaRivera - You're right, I missed your question, sorry; however, I already replied to the very same question shortly after you asked it, in post #47.

Field Researcher
#124 Old 2nd Jul 2008 at 10:47 PM
AHH! My bad

Thanks
Test Subject
#125 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 2:35 PM
I just tried it in my game and it worked perfectly. Thank you for creating this solution to what was beginning to be a very messy neighborhood full of magazines. I was beginning to think that maybe Jehovah's Witnesses had crept into my Sim 'hood.

"A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on."
William S. Burroughs
Page 5 of 11