Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 5:25 PM
Default How do people continue to play??
Whenever EA updates the game, ALL my custom Sims (95% of ALL my Sims) get reset to being bald and having no wardrobe? I run a heavily modded game, but regardless this simply has me over the edge. I cannot be the only person this happens to. What do you folks do?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 6:17 PM
Odds are the heavily modded game has a lot to do with it, and whether all those mods are updated and compatible with each change? I run with very few mods and never have any problems like this. Others will have more experiences to share also.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 7:38 PM
I also run a "heavily modded game" (it's really the only way I can play) and it's all just a matter of keeping your mods and CC up to date. Though sometimes that means abandoning certain mods altogether if the creator hasn't updated their work in a while.

You normally don't have to worry about that with CC, It is extremely rare for a patch to break those. But in the event that it does happen, there'll usually end up being some kind of batch fix you can perform with Sims 4 Studio.

Playing with a bunch of mods can be a very tedious way of doing things but I think it's worth it, given everything the community has done to save this particular game.

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:11 PM
I also use tons of CC but nope, never had the majority of my sims turning up bald or naked after updates.

Are you sure this isn't just happening because the game automagically turns off cc/mods after each update?
This is only a precaution, to help remind people to actually check that their CC and mods are up to date.
Once you turn that setting on again, your CC should show up, just as long as the patch didn't actually break them.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 3:18 PM
Yeah I used to play an extremely modded game, and my game would break constantly. I tried my best, keeping my files named a certain way so I could easily delete. Honestly just move everything to a test folder and go through the slog or find a mod fix program

Honestly gave up on Sims 4 so long ago, just couldn't get over the fact that everyone feels the same. There are a million packs now, so I may try it out again soon, but the soullessness is crushing.
Alchemist
#6 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 3:57 PM
The way it says this thread was started on December 5th 2004

what does his name even mean?
Smeg Head
#7 Old 4th Nov 2021 at 6:05 PM
^^^

I know we had to put the clocks back last Sunday, but only an hour, not a couple of decades!!!

If that date was correct, the Sims 2 would only be released a few weeks ago. So, what does everyone think of this new Sims 2 game? Better than the original? Know of any websites doing any mods for it? It's probably too early for that type of stuff...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 11:02 AM
This used to happen to me alot too (still does occasionally, but definitely not as much). I ran a heavily modded game too -- still do. One of the things I did was change the majority of my sims' "maxis hairdoos" to CC hairdoos. That's what seemed to change things for me. Now it's mostly the NPCs who end up bald (can't do anything about that, tho).

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:38 AM
EA disables CC and Mods after pretty much every update. You need to enable them, save/exit and relaunch the game to avoid that
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Nov 2021 at 3:11 AM
This is pretty much standard for every modded game. Don't update until you make sure mods/CC work (after updating the mods if necessary). Even if a game is built with modding in mind (Rimworld for example), this can still go wrong. Because the game developers simply have no control over what tricks mod devs invent. Maybe instead of updating next time, play offline for a while so the game won't automatically update. At least until you can find out if your mods will work with the new version.