Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
#26 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 8:42 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 22nd Dec 2021 at 9:05 AM.
Aye, simsample, easy-peasy. The Rags to Riches Scenario in a couple of hours without even cheating. The Bust the Dust Kit, befriend a couple of dust bunnies, who'll give you ancient relics worth a mint. Sell them off, mega rich, done and dusted - if you'll pardon the pun. Two hours tops. A challenge for sure.

A player would have to start introducing their own rules, restrictions and caveats to bring any real challenge. But as the game won't be giving any feedback on that, the Scenarios as a game feature - that the game is in on it with you taking stock - lose their momentum and their whole point. Can't say that's a failure on Maxis' behalf per se, it'd impossible to cater for everyone's expectations on what is a challenge. So they are light, easy, by the game's own standards, so of no interest to me whatsoever. If it's all going to boil down to me using my own rules, restrictions and caveats to get the best out of the game, then that's better experienced in normal gamplay than with light, easy-peasy Scenarios that the game is ill-equipped to make more of a challenge.

Blame the Dust Bunnies. Hate on the Dust Bunnies. It's all their damn fault. They'll take over the universe if you turn your back for a minute. (Hang on a minute. The universe is mostly dust. They have blooming-well taken over!!!)

The 100 Fruitcake Challenge. Now there is a Scenario that is the very epitome, the very definition, of TS4.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 8:12 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Are the scenarios available for just the base game? It could be an interesting mini game for me, as I don't care much for ts4 overall.

I think so. Load the game and if there you will see that option.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2021 at 9:56 PM
On the fruitcake: yes, the fruit is supposed to be in reasonably big chunks. Source: am middle aged lady who watches the Food Network.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 8:47 PM
It's fine, particularly since Bobby Flay is no longer sprinkled hither and yon all over it (not a fan of Mr. Flay). I think my favorite shows on Food are the tournament of chefs (with blind judging, which has led to some interesting results), and Valerie Bertinelli being very kind explaining to kids what they did wrong with their baking, and how to make it better next time. I think, though, if I could only have one cooking show on cable (as compared to PBS), it would probably be Bravo's Top Chef.

Almost certainly not worth $80 a month unless you also watch other things. (There are sports freaks in this household.)
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Dec 2021 at 12:03 AM
My initial thought when I saw the Scenarios was that they were ripped straight from community challenges. Doesn't sit too well with me to have the developers "steal" something the community made... at least they're free. Probably won't try them tho. That said, the money one does look like a good setup for a rags to riches challenge as everything is setup for you.
Page 2 of 2