Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#7226 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 4:29 AM
I reloaded and this time she only had two, but it wasn't where it says "there's TWO babies on the way", it was two separate popups so the same glitch just 2 instead of 4 this time. I forced the other pregnant sim in town to give birth to see if it happened to her too and it didn't, so I suppose I'll just wait for the glitch to go away and hope that eventually Nen will only have one baby. (or if she must be glitched, give me more girls to even the number out!!)

This game... I've been playing since day dot and it still throws new things at me to this day. What a strange glitch!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7227 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 4:45 AM
Did you ever have a date setting down the bouquet at the door over and over and over again? It's basically the same glitch. The animations get stuck, or something. Cooper Hawkins once got stuck pulling the same meal out of the same oven over and over and over, too, until the kitchen caught fire (and I quit because damn if I was going to let Cooper die for a glitch). Fortunately that iteration of the stuck animation loop seems to be rare.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7228 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 11:30 PM
I started playing the Beginning of Pleasantview...

So far, Gunther Goth, Cornelia and Agnes Crumplebottom (twins), Bob Newbie, Betty Simovich and Jeff Pleasant have been born. Gretle Goth is pregnant with her second child and Herb has been concieved but I feel like he should be more closer in age to Mortimer than Gunther so I've taken that household (and Coral's parents) out of rotation for now until the first few born in game sims are atleast teens. I think all (or almost all) of my toddlers and babies have black hair so far... I'm interested to see if any lighter haired children are born next generation...

My plan is not to include extra sims where possible, but I'm also considering Coral and Herb making Mary-Sue the old fashioned way because I'm worried recessive genes might end up dying out otherwise and I'm a sucker for redheads

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Instructor
#7229 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 3:45 PM
I typically like to screenshot weird happenings but I'd feel weird screenshotting this, although I'm sure you all can imagine or have experienced such.

The eternal summer is taking its toll on my neanderthals. Sawawi was taking a spongebath for low hygiene, but got interrupted mid bath because she was overheating. I queued up a few get a drink (wonder if there's a default for the glass as idk how they got one) and rather than getting dressed Sawawi just decided to stay nekkid while she drank her water. I would think it was genius if it actually made a difference for temperature's sake but I don't think it does? Not sure if the game is that smart to have them cool down if they've got no clothes on.

Anyway I'm hoping she puts clothes back on soon because she should give birth any hour now and I've never had a nekkid sim do so and while I'm pretty sure everything would be okay I'm nervous about it like glitching or something idk.
Alchemist
#7230 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 5:26 AM
Nothing is happening in my game right now. Essential computer parts are being sent to the other side of the world to be replaced under warranty. They may be some time...

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#7231 Old 12th Jan 2022 at 5:36 AM
I tried loading my game again today and was unfortunately only able to build another starter home for my sims in my PLeasantview Epic Challene though it's a CC-free version available for sharing and I have to modify it for my use.I set it up specifically as a sterter home for newcomers to the town and never place a stove in this case as the sims would have no skills at all and I don't want any accidents.I know they can still make sandwiches and recomment breakfast at midnight be installed so they can make cereal or sandwiches at dinner time.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7232 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 7:29 AM
First kid has graduated. He may ask that cheating chess player he met at Uni to get married soon.
Both sets of twins now at Uni. One of them gets abducted to the Secret Society as well (which is a good thing, she may need to hack her grades).
Mom and Dad just got the genie lamp, and wished for long lives (which means they have not grown up into elders yet).
Mad Poster
#7233 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 12:04 PM
I plan on giving my sims makeovers today. I worked out that The Beginning of Pleasantview takes place in around 1920ish.
I figure in the first Sims game, Cassandra would be about 7. Therefore in Sims 2 she's 32. If she was 32 in 2004, she was born in 1972. Which means Mortimer was born late 40s early 50s. So Gunther was born around the 1920s.

So now I'm bookmarking some 1920s era clothing and hairstyles. There isn't that much but I don't plan on being super accurate to the era, just enough to make it fun for me.

Forum Resident
#7234 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 2:28 AM
Tiffany Sampson has certainly surprised me this session.

So I was playing the Frat so I could graduate Castor Nova, Joshua Ruben, and Kevin Beare. Joshua has a preestablished crush on Tiffany that is one sided, while Kevin triple bolts with her. I think you know where this is going.

During Castor's party while I was distracted, Joshua seduced Tiffany into the hot tub and did the nasty with her, developing a love flag as a result, which was one sided, unfortunately for Joshua. Then, a couple of sim hours later, he rolled the want to get engaged which I found cute. When I went to look for Tiffany, I saw Joshua slapping her and next to her was a grinning Kevin with a woohoo memory icon above his head. Girl got busy!

Now Josh hates Kevin and Tiffany. On the brightside, Kevin rolled the want to get engaged and she accepted his proposal, so they're going to be married soon.

Hope losing your friend was worth it, Kev... they're cute, but still

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#7235 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 6:07 AM
I've been in my game earlier to check the proce of my CC-free starter home and to set up a hacked version with tons of CC in it.I traded the regular sofa for a sofa bed version and traded the EA furniture for CC.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7236 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 2:59 PM
Everything I've done so far in Beginning of Pleasantview:

Victor & Gretle Goth and Simon & Prudence Crumplebottom are the first to move to the new neighbourhood. Both come from old money and are hoping their new adventure proved fruitful. It doesn't take long for Gretle to fall pregnant, and Prudence to follow suit not long after. Gunther Goth is born, heir of the Goths. Followed by twins, Agnes and Cornelia. Simon was hoping for a boy, but already they have agreed that when Gunther is older he will marry one of the girls and the families will join together. Gretle sadly suffered a miscarriage shortly after Gunther's birth.

Shortly after, a few other households moved in. The Burbs, Pleasants, Marshs, Danders, Newbie, Simovich, Dreamers and Darongs

The Newbies were the first to welcome their son Bob Jr. To the family. Bob Sr. isn't all that interested in children, and expects his wife Mags to take on all the childcare, as well as look after him. The neighbours find Mags a bit weird, she often bursts out into tears in their houses, she's just not that maternal - all she wants is a bookcase so she can learn during her downtime when little Bobby sleeps. Bob is now a child, giving Mags a little more time to herself, and since Bob sr. finally made enough for a bookcase, she finally got the mechanical skill she (for some reason) was so desperate for. Already she wants a second.

Over in the Simovich family, Vladim and Fatima welcomed a girl, Betty. Not long after, Vladim came home to find Fatima on the sofa making out with their neighbour Bob! They don't believe in divorce, but Vladim has been sleeping on the sofa ever since. No wonder Betty hadn't learnt any toddler skills at all while Vladim was working so often. Betty grew up badly. To make up for all the negativity, Vladim missed work to play catch in the yard with her, this small gesture sparked Betty's love of sports.

After 3 losses, the Pleasants finally welcomed in their first child Jeff. The Burbs also welcomed in their son Brad.

There are also several pregnant sims running around Pleasantview, including Gretle Goth, Dacia Dreamer, Lina Darong and Irma Oldie (who is suspended from the rotations as I added the Oldie's too soon). I'm hoping the Marsh's have a child soon as I can't move onto moving more families in until they do.

When they're all teens and children, I'll be adding in: The Bachelor, Caliente, Al Mahmoud, Broke, Matlapin, Lothario and Fiorello households.

I'm not sure when to add in the Oldies and Ruggbyrne families. Maybe with the next houses. Or maybe when Gunther and Cornelia marry so that Mortimer, Herb and Coral are closer in age, seeing as they're the only elders in Pleasantview at the start of the game, but also Mary-Sue is old enough to have teenagers at the start of the game, whereas Cassandra is a lot younger and Alexander is a child (and Cassandra was supposedly a teen when he was born).

If I could stop stressing over when each sim should be born, I might actually start playing more interesting storylines lol. Maxis didn't make it easy by having such inconsistent ages.

Test Subject
#7237 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 10:06 PM
Searching for a rotating black plumbob to put on a gothic altar!!!
Mad Poster
#7238 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 2:12 AM Last edited by FranH : 16th Jan 2022 at 11:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Well I'm about to enter a world of hurt in my TOT challenge. I'd like to preface this with saying I do not have the Triplets & Quads mod, so I figure this has to be a glitch or a mod-conflict of sorts.
Nen Pulu was pregnant and went into labor, and I got a popup saying there was a new baby. One new baby. She gave birth to a girl, who I named Ue. She put Ue down and then waved her arms, then went into labor again! The popup appeared again saying there was a new baby, this time a boy named Nago. She put Nago down, AND WENT INTO LABOR AGAIN!
At this point I realized okay, this is not normal this has never happened before and started googling, while Nen proceeded to have more babies. She had 4 in total: Ue, Nago, Tag, and Kuga.

I have it paused right now and am not sure whether I want to quit without saving and hope she only has one baby if I reload, or if I want to just be like welp this is what the sim gods decided maybe Nen was cursed or something and try not to pull my hair out. I'm gonna think about it for a moment or two but I'm kind of feeling like I have to keep them now.

Has this happened to anyone else?
The only new mod I added recently was children can walk to community lots, which I can't imagine what that would have to do with too many babies.

EDIT: I quit without saving, as I'm kind of curious to test now if I reload if she'll do it again.

I had that happen when Don Lothario married Kitty (can't remember her name) and she had 4 boys all in a row. I kept them, too-Don was awarded temporary custody of them after she died. One day he came home late and the Social Worker had come for them, he had a nervous breakdown. Their grandmother ended up raising them after he lost custody of them.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7239 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 9:12 AM
I think my game is trying to tell me that my one sim has been dating the wrong guy all through uni.
Bonita is a social sim, member of the Secret Society and had a fling with a fellow dormie.
She also has a number of best friends, including this Alessandro guy, who turns up everywhere she goes.
And he turns up to graduate with her
And turns up at her brother's house when she is visiting.
Perhaps she should ask him on a date now that she has grown up and moving back to town
Lab Assistant
#7240 Old 17th Jan 2022 at 7:56 PM
I'm currently in the university part of rotation and it's very relaxing, the baby boom generation is going strong on campus and have a lot of partying and going to community lots, I see them studying in the background of households but they don't have time while being under my control..

In the main hood I have sort of the same situation in two relationships, Veronica Battler is currently living with Jesper Svan (hood Casanova, knowledge/romance) that she managed to get engaged with. He is not showing any interest in taking it further, but he does however want to fall in love with Veronicas sister Vilma (also a read headed family sim). If poor Veronica had been allowed to continue her relationship with Benjamin Long she could have been well on her way to the three children she wants. Now she have three dogs to take care of instead. And poor Jesper just had a crazy idea while on a date, but he get crazy ideas all the time but usually they don't live with him.

The other relationship don't live with each other, Amanda Ceder is staying with the newly married Deneb and Bella, but she is kind of but maybe not crushing too hard on Alex Gratton (the second in line hood Casanova, he even has a fling with Jesper from time to time) and it's getting in the way of her pottery-witchcraft life, this rotation she even briefly dated the male drama professor! (And wanted to marry Alex during most of the date).

And now.. idk. This dynamic feels like it could go on forever and the goal is not for everyone to match up and live in pretty little houses but I now have two that are too much alike and it's a bit bothering.
Mad Poster
#7241 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 3:45 AM
I went and visited Arundel today. It was fun. The female teen who grew up but did not attend college has met the man of her dreams, and she wants to get engaged to him. However, he's going to be a hard sell-he's a romance pixel and possibly not inclined to marriage. She's going to propose before he can wiggle out of it. He won't know what hit him by the time she's done...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#7242 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 6:50 PM
I teste out an object relocator tool for my game on something I always wanted to fix with one CC item as it used to only show in residential lots.It's an older upload from here and I tested the tool on this item as I wished it would show on community lots and also not cost so much.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#7243 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 4:36 AM
Ramirez - They put Tessa in private school (no headmaster scenerio just some rules about toddler & regular skills and give $2k). Tessa loves music and dance, Checo loves arts and crafts and Lisa is into tinkering. They tried for a baby but no baby was to be had yet. Tessa plays the piano a lot. They work on socializing with other sims that walk by, making friends. Lisa has a passing thought of cheating (woohoo with 3 sims) but forgets it, wasn't serious. Her secondary is romance. Their furniture store gets to level 3. Checo takes up painting and Lisa works on cars, even though in their church it isn't "proper" for a lady to work on cars. Checo is laid back about it and sees it's harmless. Lisa teaches Tessa how to study and Tessa is an A+ student so far. Jason Greenman, a plantsim, goes into their store and even though they don't approve of any sim that isn't 100% human they are good at acting because a sale is a sale and a bad rep for the store would not do. Lisa gets a silver badge in sales. Tessa has a great relationship with both parents.

Chester Gieke - He got a robotics station and is working his way towards being able to make a servo. He's also made some friends and has gotten out a little.

The Picaso's - Live next to their idol, General Buzz Grunt, but are starting off poor. They work to fix that though. Since Jessica will have to quit her job once she gets pregnant she gets started on writing so she can still make money when that happens. Matthew has been promoted to level 5 in the military career, counter intelligence, and brought his idol Buzz home with him from work. Jessica is currently level 3, Drill Instructor.

Cyd Roseland and Porthos - Cyd gets a job in the dance career. During their (nonbinary they/them) round they got promoted and demoted so they are still level 1, Aerobics instructor. They saw their friend Kristen Loste while getting said job (on a lot with the job thing) and started flirting with her. Porthos is a good doggie and knows how to roll over now. Cyd asked Kristen on a date to a cafe downtown and it went great. Got a first kiss. Went on a second date at Cyd's house where they made out, had woohoo, ate mac n cheese Cyd cooked and got engaged. Kristen moved in.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#7244 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 5:00 AM
I've tested my revised verion of the Power fridge on both community and residential lots and also added a few lights to my homestead in my TOT challenge town.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7245 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 12:38 AM
Legacy founder Penelope Pointe and her husband Amin got pregnant and had twins. Then they had another baby through ACR. And another. So I put them both on birth control. Then she got pregnant with twins through risky woohoo. She miscarried because I couldn't keep up with her, Amin, and four children and accidentally neglected her needs. I've never had two more fertile sims.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Lab Assistant
#7246 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 4:53 AM
Default Fairplay, Late Stage Death Drama
Current neighborhood is far more dramatic than usual. In that last five households I feel like I've had more drama than I've had in them for a long time. Some context may be necessary, but will add it where it feels necessary. I have more dangerous fire and customizable death by satellite chances.

Graves: Gay couple who finally rolled the want to adopt after moving into their first house, debt free, when their respective siblings all suffered massive debt and financial ruin trying to buy a house too quickly. Thought they would be a peaceful, happy couple with their adopted daughter until lightning struck the tree in their backyard, and the rain stopped just in time. They, of course, immediately ran outside to panic with their daughter is completely oblivious. Trying to get them to either extinguish the flames or call the fire department fails for way too long, and after finally getting their daughter to call, she runs outside to panic as well. The fire department says they're on their way, but a conga line of other service vehicles keeps the massive engine from being able to pull into the 2x2 lot. By the time they do manage to pull in, it's already consumed the repair lady and a random townie, and both sims in the couple are on fire. Only one of them manages to live, and the others' needs completely tanked to the point where I was sure he would die of starvation. He and his daughter spent the rest of the round coughing, groaning and sobbing while recovering from the flu and pneumonia. Both survived after five days of babysitting.

Draper/Corwin: Longtime boyfriend and girlfriend with one teenage daughter, but no desire to get married. Both of them are sick with the flu but eventually get better, and to celebrate while the girlfriend was working, the boyfriend took their daughter to a dance contest at the local club, and lets her drive the car. They have a wonderful time, and she even wins the competition, but they're both exhausted. She goes to do some banking to deposit her winnings, and he rolls the want to gain a mechanical skill. They have a broken washing machine in the driveway, waiting to be fixed. He goes, gets shocked, and dies. That's the first time I've ever had a sim die accidentally form electrocution. His daughter and girlfriend both rolled wants to resurrect him and could with the genie's lamp, but are too afraid of him becoming a zombie accidentally to follow through.
son
Burke: Probably the worst one so far. Single father of four (three boys, one girl), wife died in childbirth for their youngest son. He knocks up a townie who he was seeing, and she puts the baby up for adoption without ever telling him. Only daughter is the most responsible member of the household, while her brothers are all selfish and rowdy. Her sub hobby is cloud watching, and you can already see where this one is going, but I didn't know children could die from that particular death, so it still caught me off guard. Now her father is a distant emotional wreck, the oldest son is going to college to try and forget his teenage years, the middle son is trying to hold everything together, and the youngest son is failing out of school and may get taken away by the social worker unless the father pleads. On the bright side, however, the father's girlfriend rolled the want to get married to him, so that's a bit promising at least.

Skinner: The sole occupant of this house is a complete loser, and I mean it. His first partner died of pneumonia, his only son was taken away by the social worker and doesn't know him, his second partner (who was his first partner's sister) mysteriously disappeared (cowplant on another sims' lot-- thank you Kill Playable Sims mod!), and his third attempt got the farthest along. She was a freshly expelled from college, relying on the military to support her, and fell in love with our unlucky sim quickly-- enough to get engaged to him. Then, after she graduated, this sim was in the neighborhood flop house, preparing for her wedding, when she realized her next door neighbor was the boy in high school who pined for her, but she never realized how perfect he was for her. Meanwhile, the unlucky sim gets an unlucky chance card, and is put 15,000 simoleons in dept (keep in mind he was already in some minor debt before this, and dropped out of college so promotions or bonuses are out of the question), and wants to ask his fiance for help. She, being a Fortune sim, was already stingy, and this developed into a fullblown argument. Tensions are high so they part ways. Come to find out the unlucky sim's coworker who he brings home from work is the same guy his fiancé is head over heels for, and neither of them have ever met before this. His fiance stops by, and he confesses to cheating on her earlier in their relationship. She then, thanks to ACR, decided to hit on the other guy, his coworker, right in front of him. Long story short, the unlucky sim is furious, fights and beats both of them, breaks off the engagement, and now has to find another way to make 15,000 simoleons quickly, otherwise he may be the first ever sim I've had die from starving to death.
Instructor
#7247 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 5:01 AM
I'm currently creating the 62 (yes, sixty two) young adult founding sims for my custom hood and the third one, Alesha, is turned off by rich sims. I know, I know, money isn't everything but that just seems strange to me - I mean personally I'm not attracted to anyone ever period but I feel like my level of laziness if I did want a partner a rich one who already had money so I didn't have to get money myself...

But regardless she's turned off by rich sims. I don't know whether rich men or women or both yet. She's also a romance asp so I'm trying to come up with a reason why. Perhaps she doesn't want to be seen as a sim who gets paid for woohoo, dunno that's the best I've got.

Mad Poster
#7248 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 6:30 AM
I'd put her into the politics career -- very definitely on the left. At university she'd get involved in student politics, dating boys and/or girls from poor backgrounds.

P.S. I like her outfit. Where did you get it?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7249 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 11:29 AM
Maybe she grew up poor and disadvantaged, and feels like she has to prove herself when around rich sims, or even has a prejudice towards them and believes they're all snobby and egocentric?

Mad Poster
#7250 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 12:52 PM
Speaking as someone who went to a rich people college, and recognizing that all generalizations are false - folks who are raised rich grow up very slowly (many of them never do grow up) and have never had to understand people with different experiences, and therefore have never tried and do not recognize it as an important thing to do. This is definitely true of the superrich, as you can see by their public behavior, but even among the moderately wealthy, the cushion of money gains them privileges they don't notice and shields them from the consequences of actions to the point that they don't understand them. If parking illegally involves a $50 fine that you can put on your parent's credit card, then parking illegally costs $50 and is no big deal; whereas incurring a $50 fine at the wrong time can wreck a poor kid's entire year. If there's always enough money to get what you want, you don't learn to distinguish the Thing You Need from the Thing You'd Enjoy from the Thing You'll Forget About As Soon as You Have It, the way those of us who only have the money for one thing do. Then there's the factor that you don't get rich by working hard, considering the needs of others, and being generous - you get rich and stay rich by manipulating money, exploiting others, and piling up your own resources without regard for anything beyond your own self-interest. So yeah, wealth is a turn off for me, too! It's a red flag for a whole host of interpersonal problems. (I don't like charming people, either. Charming people get to coast in a lot of the same ways.)

Now, this is all in the real world. Sim economy is a very different thing, in that wealth really is accessible to anyone willing to work hard and make good choices, which it very much is not in the real world. And Fortune sims are some of my favorites, because their want trees are structured in such a way that, unless you train them differently, they like to work hard and they like to be generous. "Give gift" may be an accessible want for other aspirations, but I mostly see it in Fortune sims. But the children of established Fortune sims, who start life on a silver platter, have it much easier than the children of poor sims even in a vanilla game and it's hard for me to tell how much my rich child sims really do grow up a little feckless and how much I'm projecting my real world experience onto them.

If I were playing this sim, I'd decide that she came from a wealthy background, has for some reason developed more of an insight into her own situation and/or is rebelling against it because she feels smothered - I'd definitely develop a specific backstory; perhaps she had a Forbidden Romance with a plebe! - and has packaged all the undesirable traits she associates with her pre-college social environment under the heading of "rich." Another, less sympathetic, possibility is, that she needs the spice of transgression in order to feel attraction. Mom is always pushing boys from her own wealth bracket at her and encouraging her to settle down while discouraging her from pursuing those intriguing sexy working class boys (or girls). It's very, very common for the wealthy and powerful to exploit those with less money and power sexually. Or you could get into a complicated dynamic of wanting to play the Lady Bountiful and shower one's partners with largesse, which tends to go sour because it isn't an equal situation. Another alternative, she could have grown up in an unequal situation (Daddy was rich and otherwise married, Mama was kept on the side, Mama never felt safe saying no and Daddy treated the kids like pets) and be determined not to ever, ever be in such a situation again.

There's a lot of interesting ways to go with this, if you think of it in terms of personal, social, and economic dynamics.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 290 of 351