Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 3:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Super Collection Not Recognizing Custom Content
I have poured through multiple old threads at this point and have come up short - the Sims 2 Super Collection (Mac OS 10.14.6) will not recognize custom content, and I wondering if anyone here can help.

I have the Sims 2: Super Collection.

I have a downloads folder under ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

I have unzipped .package mods downloaded from such fine website as ModTheSims2

I have Custom Content enabled in settings in Sims 2.

I have tried turning off all the settings, going into a lot, saving, quitting, relaunching, and re-enabling.

I have both the Body Shop snd the Package Installer. I have tried using the Package Installer - it says content has been installed but it does not show up in-game. I have tried deleting the downloads folder, making a custom sim in the body shop, exporting it as a package, and installing it with the package installer so that I can see the Downloads folder be recreated AND the BodyPack Sim show up as a file within it - and it does not show up in game. The Custom Content screen is entirely blank. The Sims 2 Super Collection is NOT reckognizing my custom content, and I feel like I've covered all the basics.

AM I missing something? Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 3:32 AM
Did you relaunch after enabling custom content?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Did you relaunch after enabling custom content?

Yep. Ten, fifteen times now at least.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cespinarve

AM I missing something? Can anyone help?

For anyone else having this problem, my solution is to ignore what the PackageInstaller does. The Downloads foler should be placer here:

~/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

AND NOT

~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 7:13 PM
Didn't they offer the 64 bit version of package installer separately? So that it would go to the right file path when the 64 bit game is installed?

As for other cc, you will want to make sure nothing requires more than BV.
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Jan 2022 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cespinarve
For anyone else having this problem, my solution is to ignore what the PackageInstaller does. The Downloads foler should be placer here:

~/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

AND NOT

~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

Where did you get that advice, @Cespinarve? My game data is in the /Containers/etc location and I am running the same system setup as you, and it’s working just fine. The /Application Support folder only contains 8 items while the /Containers folder has 25, including all of the cache files, data log files, in-game movie and music resources, and pets files. I have also modded the heck out of my camera files and the game is reading the copies in the /Containers location, not the /Application Setup one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
Where did you get that advice, @Cespinarve? My game data is in the /Containers/etc location and I am running the same system setup as you, and it’s working just fine. The /Application Support folder only contains 8 items while the /Containers folder has 25, including all of the cache files, data log files, in-game movie and music resources, and pets files. I have also modded the heck out of my camera files and the game is reading the copies in the /Containers location, not the /Application Setup one.

It isn't advice anyone gave me. It's what I finally tried in an attempt to make mods work... and it did? So... yeah. Don't have an explanation.