Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 24 of 24
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#576 Old 20th Jan 2019 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
I tried updating the mod to the latest version. I am not a modder, so I'm not sure how well I did. It hasn't been tested yet either, but hopefully I did okay with it.

I did not update these ones:

sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Bite_Always_Neck.rar -- I updated the Overhaul_Bite version
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Buffs.rar -- I updated the no sparkle version
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_FULL.rar
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_FULL_NO_SPARKLE.rar
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Immortality.rar -- fer456 made a fantastic updated version http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=518248
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Immortality_NoCasAgeStagger.rar -- Same reason as above

Enjoy!

It looks like the link to birdyfly's update has been removed from their comment for some reason, so I'll attach it to this post for anyone that needs it. Sorry to the mods if it was removed for a reason
Test Subject
#577 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 6:44 PM
Can someone link me to a version compatible to 1.69?
#578 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:06 AM
I love this mod and the tweaks it does for vamps, but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in a very very long time. From what I gather the vamp alter doesn't work (but I can't confirm as I haven't tested it) But there was one really bad glitch that was bugging the absolute crap out of me.

The moodlet buffs section completely breaks the Dystopian "Fires in the sky" opportunity from Into the future. What happens is, it seems to block the moodlet "believes the sky is falling" from being applied to the sim, which in turn blocks you from the "convince sim sky is falling" command. I couldn't find any info for this through searching and discovered through process of elimination and extensive testing. Using the other mods from this doesn't seem to hurt. So I figured I'd post this here in case others are also having the same issue.

This sucks though as I hate the dumb twilight sparkle my vamps have and I like the moodlet tweaks. However, I also love Oasis Landing.
Considering this hasn't been updated since 2013 and by the looks of things probably never will be fixed, I might look into fixing this if I have some spare time so I can stop my vampires lighting up like disco balls and still have my trashy miserable Dystopian OL.
Test Subject
#579 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 9:19 PM
This was by far my favorite vampire overhaul mod and it breaks my heart to see it no longer functions. There appear to be more issues than benefits and while I doubt it will get updated, I do still have a glimmer of hope that someone will remake this mod.
Page 24 of 24