Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:05 PM
Default Sims 4 Vampire Clan Challenge
Hi guys! I'm sorry if this is not a very great challenge, as this is the first challenge I have ever created. This has been tested, though not thoroughly, so if anything needs to be edited, please let me know. The only thing you will need to play this is Sims 4 Vampires, though of course any other stuff packs, game packs, and expansion packs may be used if you wish. I apologize if there is a challenge like this, and I just haven't noticed it.

Story:
You and your spouse have been a part of a powerful vampire clan all your lives. However, you two were never powerful members in it, leaving you with no opportunity to hone your vampire skills. One day, a rival clan defeated your clan, and everybody was either killed or captured except you and your spouse, since you were not present at the time. When you two return, you see that everything is gone. Now, you are left to rebuild and rule the clan.

Starting Out:
Create two vampires of any gender (preferably male and female for legacy purposes). These two sims should be spouses. Traits and appearances are completely up to you. Designate one as the Clan ruler, or leader. This Sim should have either the Vampire Family or the Master Vampire aspiration, to compliment their goal of building up the clan or ruling the clan. The other is allowed to have any aspiration you desire for them. If you have the Sims 4 Cats and Dogs expansion pack, you may also create a "familiar" or "mascot" for them with any traits you desire. It can be any species.

Once you are finished creating your Sim, choose a lot for them to start their Clan. It can be anywhere, though I suggest a larger lot so that you can build and expand as you get farther into the challenge. Now, you have two options depending on which one you would like to do. Once you choose one, you must stick with it throughout the challenge.

1. The clan's mansion was completely destroyed, so there is only an empty lot. The couple only have their 10,000 Simoleons to do anything with. (you may use cheats to get this amount)
2. The clan's mansion is still standing, though all furnishings have been ransacked. This means there is no furniture, and there is no wallpaper either. Cracks in the wall and spiderwebs filled the mansion. It certainly wasn't in good shape, and the couple only had 5,000 Simoleons to do anything about it.

If you decide to go the second route, there will be mansions created by me for this purpose, tagged #VampireClanChallenge. Most, if not all of these, will be mansions that have been recreated from mansions made by others to suit this purpose. You can also make your own if you wish, though it has to suit the description. Money cheats may be used to bring the mansion into the world, though once it exists, you must bring your Simoleons back to the required amount.

Main Goal:
I will start this section off by saying that you cannot lose this challenge unless everybody in the clan dies, and with them being vampires, that is fairly challenging to accomplish without purposely doing it. The goal of this challenge is to build/repair a mansion, and to have a thriving vampire clan.

The mansion must have at least one room for each clan ranking in the clan. For example, if you had fledglings, rulers, and warriors, you must have at least one room for the fledglings, one room for the rulers, and one room for the warriors. If you want, you can have the whole world or whole neighborhood belong to your clan, and have different buildings/houses/mansions for the rank(s). To say that you have won, you must have accomplished at least 10 generations, and have at least 30 vampires in your Clan, though the more you have, the better.

Clan Rankings:
Rankings within a Clan are completely up to you to create for your own purposes, though if you don't want to make your own, I have created some rankings for you to use at will. Again, you must have a room or building for each rank. People within a rank may share a room or building with one another, and multiple ranks can live in a single building.

Leader(s)/Ruler(s): The leader/ruler is the one in complete control of the clan. They decide everything that happens, and everybody is under their rule, so anything that they say goes. They must be a young adult or older. Every ruler after the founding ruler(s) must be a Grand Master vampire, unless they became ruler because of the death of the previous ruler. The only way there can be multiple leaders or rulers is if you decide that the original ruler's spouse becomes a ruler along with them.

Heir/Heiress: The person who is next in line for the throne. They are usually the son or daughter of the current ruler, and if they aren't, they have been chosen by the ruler. Whenever the ruler dies, the heir/heiress will become ruler. They may also become ruler if the ruler decides to retire, usually whenever the heir/heiress becomes of age. They have to be a vampire. If the child of the current ruler is chosen to be heir/heiress and is not a vampire, they must be turned into a vampire as soon as possible. They focus on their vampire lore skill and improving their vampire ranking in order to prepare to be the ruler.

Scholars: They are vampires who focus on keeping the history alive. They are in charge of painting a portrait of every member (not required) and writing a biography about every member (also not required). They must either have a painting skill or writing skill level of at least 5. Any other skill from an expansion, such as the photography skill, may also be used as it can be used to keep a record of the clan.

Warriors: They are the vampires who keep the clan safe. They focus on their athletic skills, and focus on getting the vampire perks of vampiric strength and vampiric speed, as well as any other perks that focus on physical abilities (I'm not talking about bat form though, but they can have it.) They also enforce the clan's rules and keep the clan safe by sparring or dueling ANY vampire that they see that is not part of the clan, or bringing that vampire to the ruler for them to decide what to do with them. They will accompany the ruler(s) or heir/heiress every time they go to a different lot in order to assure their safety.

Trainers: They help improve the skill of any member of the clan by teaching or mentoring them. Therefore, they usually have high skill levels in many skills. This can be anywhere from vampiric training to violin mentoring, to even potty training toddlers and helping children with homework, if the clan does choose to send them to school.

Caretakers: They help care for any babies, toddlers, or children within the clan, and also help with housekeeping and cooking.

Again, you can create whatever ranks you want, and create your own requirements to get them. Every member of the clan must have a rank, however, even if it is just something like "Fledgling".

Clan Rules:
Your clan will have rules that they require everybody to follow. The list will contain these rules, and they may be added onto or removed as story progress continues. Before I go onto the starting clan rules, I will go over rules that YOU have to follow.
You may not use any cheats unless told otherwise.
You may not use script mods. Some script mods will be put in the "Mods" section down below, and I will add why I will allow you to use them.
Custom Content is allowed, and is encouraged so you can bring out both your clan's personality, and the personality of your sims.
Everyone in your Clan must be a vampire, so you cannot just have a random alien in there. Humans are only acceptable if they are the child of the ruler, turning into a vampire to join the clan, or being kept for plasma. If they are being kept for plasma, they must be kept in an inescapable room with only a grill for them to make food with you don't even have to give them that much, as you could bring food to them separately. You may add them to your household, though they don't have to be.

The clan rules may be changed as your story progresses. The ruler can add or remove any rules as they see fit. Also, if 75% of the clan disagrees with a rule, they may bring all go and talk to the ruler about it. If the ruler sees their way, he/she will change the rule to make it more agreeable for everybody, or get rid of it altogether. If the ruler doesn't agree, the people against the rule may put forth a challenger, who will either spar or duel with the ruler. The winner takes the rank of ruler, and if that person wasn't already ruler, a new heir/heiress may be chosen, and they may give the previous ruler whatever rank they wish. Then, the new ruler must change the rule to suit the needs of the opposing party better.
The 5 founding clan rules, since that's the rules that were in place before the clan was destroyed, are these:

1. All subjects must obey the ruler at any cost.
2. There may be no romantic relationships with anybody outside the clan.
3. No person shall leave without another clanmate accompanying them.
4. No member under the age of young adult may leave the lot.
5. No person may be negative in any way towards a person of higher rank (clan or vampire) than them.

If a clan member is caught and reported by another clan member, they may be punished however the ruler sees fit. In order for the member to be caught and reported, another member has to walk in while the member is in the act of breaking the rule. To determine if that member reports, either a die or a coin may be rolled/flipped. For a die, if the number is 1-3, the person does not report. If the number is 4-6, the person reports. For a coin, heads is reported, tails is not. If the person does report, they must go up to the leader and talk to them, telling them what happened. Then, the leader decides what to do about it.

Accepted Mods:
  • Custom Content
  • Custom Traits
  • Time Affecting Mods
  • Mods that allow you to have more than eight sims in a household.
  • Any mods that allow you to kill a sim. (for execution purposes)
  • Teen pregnancy mods. (I won't be using any, but if you want, whatever.)
  • If you have cats and dogs, you can have mods that allow you to control your pets.
  • Any mods that don't give you a clear advantage over a player who doesn't use them.

Playing with Packs:
If you have any expansion, game, or stuff packs, these additions to the challenge may be played. Of course, the only one that is needed for this challenge is vampires, but these can add a bit more diversity to it.

Get to Work
Any of the Get to Work careers can be taken by any clan member, just like base game careers. The clan may own retail stores and sell whatever they would like, and would likely have a sort of "Merchant" ranking that would cover running these businesses. There are no limitations there, other than the fact that aliens may not join the clan.

Get Together
Get Together is a good opportunity to form clubs in order to organize your Clan a bit better. The clan's ruler would be in charge of these clubs, though does not necessarily have to be in them. He or she just has to approve of the club before it is made, and if the clubmakers don't come to him or her first, it would be considered as them breaking the clan rules. Otherwise, anything that comes with the pack is free to play around with.

City Living
In this pack, the politician career adds some more gameplay to this challenge. Your clan members can climb up the rankings there and make their clan have a voice in the community. Of course, this is assuming that you are making a story from this challenge. Again, everything in this pack is free game for this challenge.

Cats and Dogs
Feel free to add any pets to the clan, though I would only have one and call it the clan mascot or clan familiar. Also, your clan may only own one veterinarian's clinic, run by the clan's veterinarian. They may only own a vet clinic if the clan has a familiar or mascot. Everything in this pack is still open to play around with.

Outdoor Retreat
Do whatever you want with this, no restrictions.

Spa Day
Just like Outdoor Retreat, do what you wish with this.

Dine Out
Your clan may own a single restaurant/diner/cafe/etc, possibly run by the clan chef. They may go to them just like any other public venue. Everything else, just like every other pack, is free to play with.

Parenthood
Helping influence positive character values is a main goal in raising children within the clan. Unless you want to have an evil, or mostly negative, clan that is. Then, well, I suppose you can influence their character negatively. The gameplay is entirely up to you, and you are free to play with anything that comes with parenthood.

Stuff Packs
With vintage glamour stuff, you may have one butler. To make them a sort of part of the clan, you may turn them into a vampire. Otherwise, they wouldn't be treated as well as the rest of the clan because they are human. All other stuff packs are free for you to do what you want with.

Again, let me know if there is anything I should change, and if there are any suggestions for things to add to this challenge, I am open to them. This challenge is centered around your own creativity, as you can't expect every clan to be the same. Let this post be guidelines, then do what you want with it from there.