Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HQ Texture Converter - version 2.7.0.0 - updated 2/14/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 23rd Nov 2018 at 8:35 PM - Updated 14th Feb 2023 at 5:12 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

247 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 219 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 8 of 10
Test Subject
#176 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 11:43 PM
It would be really nice if instead of sharpening, we could have an option to call waifu2x or other AI image processors. With the option to only run on the diffuse. waifu2x takes quite a while to upscale 2048x1024 unfortunately. The results look great though, at least for Maxis matchy stuff.
Test Subject
#177 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:52 PM
Default Error in software
Hi,

I recently was trying to convert a lipstick and got this error: *link to the error*
Is there a possibility the file is broken or converter doesn't work with new makeup still?

Thanks for help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#178 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarollDesign
Hi,

I recently was trying to convert a lipstick and got this error: *link to the error*
Is there a possibility the file is broken or converter doesn't work with new makeup still?

Thanks for help!

That error suggests something in the lipstick package is corrupted or an empty resource. I'd have to see the package to be able to tell you more or to fix the tool if it's not working.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#179 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
That error suggests something in the lipstick package is corrupted or an empty resource. I'd have to see the package to be able to tell you more or to fix the tool if it's not working.

I just checked it with my files I have done with makeup - it does exactly the same. I can send you one of my files for the reference. I can't send that other file - it's unreleased still.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#180 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 1:55 PM
I just checked it with my files I have done with makeup - it does exactly the same. I can send you one of my files for the reference. I can't send that other file - it's unreleased still.

I need to see a package that causes this error.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#181 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 3:21 PM
I need to see a package that causes this error.

No problem, I will send you few files to check it out.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#182 Old 17th Feb 2021 at 1:02 PM
No problem, I will send you few files to check it out.

These packages use the new LRLE format for textures, which is not yet supported by this tool. (I just haven't gotten to it yet.) On the bright side, they're already HQ. Have you tested them?

Test Subject
#183 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 12:29 PM
These packages use the new LRLE format for textures, which is not yet supported by this tool. (I just haven't gotten to it yet.) On the bright side, they're already HQ. Have you tested them?

i thought so that was the reason
Yeah, I always create in HQ and they work. the one I mentioned previously was made in standard dimensions using LRLEs as well, so would explain everything. Thanks for the help
Test Subject
#184 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 12:46 PM
Hi i got this error when i simply click any button, i havent even been able to select my folder because as soon as i click anything this comes up https://imgur.com/gallery/tuNuvwE
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#185 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by verunai
Hi i got this error when i simply click any button, i havent even been able to select my folder because as soon as i click anything this comes up https://imgur.com/gallery/tuNuvwE

The tool can't find one of its supporting files. Did you remove any files from the folder when you unzipped it?

Test Subject
#186 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 1:10 PM
The tool can't find one of its supporting files. Did you remove any files from the folder when you unzipped it?

nope i didnt remove anything but ill try again. am i supposed to extract the files in a specific place?
Test Subject
#187 Old 20th Feb 2021 at 1:13 PM

oh never mind i redownloaded and its working now!
Test Subject
#188 Old 30th May 2021 at 2:17 PM
Hello, I've got a new problem after an update. The software stopped working for me completely. What should I do in this case?

-> link to the window I get trying to open the app: https://imgur.com/a/nywNEXJ
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#189 Old 30th May 2021 at 4:47 PM
Hello, I've got a new problem after an update. The software stopped working for me completely. What should I do in this case?

-> link to the window I get trying to open the app: https://imgur.com/a/nywNEXJ

You're clicking the wrong file. Run the one next to it with the HQ Converter icon.

Test Subject
#190 Old 30th May 2021 at 6:12 PM
You're clicking the wrong file. Run the one next to it with the HQ Converter icon.

omg such a silly mistake. thanks for help!
Test Subject
#191 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:12 AM
so with this would I have to take all the CC i have and convert it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#192 Old 4th Sep 2021 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kwmd626
so with this would I have to take all the CC i have and convert it?

If it's not HQ compatible and you want it to work with HQ, yes.

Test Subject
#193 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 6:43 AM
Thank you for developing a program to play in a pleasant environment.
What I want to say is that there are some problems.
When I convert the skin cc(like a obscurus's skin22 overlay or sims3melancholic's johanna overlay skin or some eyelids cc), nonhq cc is not normal. The skin looks like compressed grains of sand. If I don't convert it to nonhq, the item looks normal. From what I found, that phenomenon occurs only in items in the skin and skin details. I'm genuine Sims4 user and have completed all the lastest updates(1.80.69). And that phenomenon has occured since the 1.77 update. I need your help. Once again, thank you for your content.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#194 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimsoonja
Thank you for developing a program to play in a pleasant environment.
What I want to say is that there are some problems.
When I convert the skin cc(like a obscurus's skin22 overlay or sims3melancholic's johanna overlay skin or some eyelids cc), nonhq cc is not normal. The skin looks like compressed grains of sand. If I don't convert it to nonhq, the item looks normal. From what I found, that phenomenon occurs only in items in the skin and skin details. I'm genuine Sims4 user and have completed all the lastest updates(1.80.69). And that phenomenon has occured since the 1.77 update. I need your help. Once again, thank you for your content.

Why are you converting to non-HQ?

I need to see at least one package before and after conversion so I can see your problem.

Instructor
#195 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 11:13 AM

I need to see at least one package before and after conversion so I can see your problem.

I have the same issue as described above. I aways convert CAS CC to non HQ because I don't use a HQ mod and it reduce package size. I never had any issues doing so before the update. Now I have to export the HQ textures with Studio and resize them manually.
Test Subject
#196 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 2:11 PM Last edited by kimsoonja : 26th Sep 2021 at 1:49 AM.
Default please help me

I agree with him. I am not a HQ mod user. So I use your program to reduce the capacity (size)of HQCC. To be precise, convert the HQ cc to a nonhq cc.
I depend on your program for every conversion process. However, as the Sims 4 update progressed, the issue described above emerged. I'm not good at handling computers. So I need your help. Please help me solve the above problem. T^T
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#197 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 10:11 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 26th Sep 2021 at 12:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
I have the same issue as described above. I aways convert CAS CC to non HQ because I don't use a HQ mod and it reduce package size. I never had any issues doing so before the update. Now I have to export the HQ textures with Studio and resize them manually.

I agree with him. I am not a HQ mod user. So I use your program to reduce the capacity (size)of HQCC. To be precise, convert the HQ cc to a nonhq cc.
I depend on your program for every conversion process. However, as the Sims 4 update progressed, the issue described above emerged. I'm not good at handling computers. So I need your help. Please help me solve the above problem. T^T

I still need at least one HQ CC package before conversion and after conversion so I can test and figure out what's going on.

Test Subject
#198 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 2:08 AM
I still need at least one HQ CC package before conversion and after conversion so I can test and figure out what's going on.

Thank you for your feedback. I'm not good at handling computers, so it may be difficult to provide data to help you with your test. From my experience, I found a problem in the latest skin CC or skin detail parts(public release). If you test the problem with the producer's item mentioned above, you will be able to check the problem immediately. Once again, I would like to express my gratitude.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#199 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 5:42 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I'm not good at handling computers, so it may be difficult to provide data to help you with your test. From my experience, I found a problem in the latest skin CC or skin detail parts(public release). If you test the problem with the producer's item mentioned above, you will be able to check the problem immediately. Once again, I would like to express my gratitude.

You must have the actual package(s) since you have a problem with them. Please upload the original and the converted version by putting them in a zip file and uploading them as an attachment to your reply. Or at least give me a direct link to download from. I'd only waste time guessing and trying to find CC that gives you this problem.

Test Subject
#200 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 4:26 PM
You must have the actual package(s) since you have a problem with them. Please upload the original and the converted version by putting them in a zip file and uploading them as an attachment to your reply. Or at least give me a direct link to download from. I'd only waste time guessing and trying to find CC that gives you this problem.

Oh, I didn't know such a process was necessary. How can I upload the zip file? I'll find a way and post it again. In addition, I lack English skills. If my expression was unintentionally inappropriate, please understand generously. Thank you for replying.
Page 8 of 10