Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CRITICAL FIXES: Unofficial AL Patch

by J. M. Pescado Posted 31st Aug 2008 at 10:54 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2009 at 1:45 AM by J. M. Pescado

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 137 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:21 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 11th Sep 2008 at 10:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
This is not a help thread. Please do the gamehelp FAQ before posting in the Tech help section. You probably have conflicting mods/out dated mods.

Which part should I read before posting?
Test Subject
#77 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 8:54 PM
Don't know if this is something you can add to your patch. My sims spontaneously stopped using the house phone! They would pick it up when I would select for them to call someone and then just hang it up. Replacing and moving the phone didn't help. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this glitch, but if it can be patched that would be great! Thanks for the patch, you're a sanity saver!!
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 11:10 AM
Thank you very much.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#79 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPhenix
Which part should I read before posting?

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help Gamehelp starts on this page. This thread is to be used only for problems or questions associated directly to this mod. Rule out all other problems before posting in this thread. In almost all cases, it's caused by outdated mods, custom content, unpatched games and that sort of ilk.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#80 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 12:27 PM
MWAHAHAHAH just when you thought you were SAFE!!! Now JM can be THANKED!!!

MWAHAHHAHAHA

[rosy voice] thanks for your beautiful creation Pescado, your hard work is appreciated. Thanks! :-)
Field Researcher
#81 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 4:10 PM
thanks for all of your hard work.
can this file be renamed? Just curious so I can keep it organized in my folder...

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 4:09 AM
This is great. Usually I don't 't experience many bugs in my sims games but with this i won't have to experience any new ones. (And some of them seem more serious).

Thanks a lot Pescado.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#83 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for the "unofficial patch" and the laugh your txt file granted me
Unfortunately (for you), I'm afraid the kids will soon turn this thread in a "please fix also this glitch" one Only an electrified fence can keep them out of your lawn, now

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#84 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 11:00 AM
Numenor - That's the beauty of it! You get an electrified fence, and you turn the hose on them. Zapping them works even better when they're soaking wet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#85 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Numenor - That's the beauty of it! You get an electrified fence, and you turn the hose on them. Zapping them works even better when they're soaking wet.

Methinks thou art hilarious!

(()) Pass this ribbon if you know someone who has
//\\ survived, is living with, or has died from cancer.
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivor since 2004
Test Subject
#86 Old 28th Sep 2008 at 10:41 PM
Thanks a lot!
When I put this in to fix the mailbox problem it actually fixed another problem I had since AL: kids living in an apartment always had to walk to school because there never was a schoolbus to take them there. And since i put this file into my folder the bus is showing up in the morning.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 2:04 AM Last edited by G0TH1KA : 30th Sep 2008 at 3:06 AM.
Hello J. M. Pescado,

I added your patch plus a few others. "ffsdebugger.package" & "comm-skilling.package" & "sshack.package" & "Lord Darcy's Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life - Updated 2008/09/06" and they made a huge difference. I probably don't need "SEDD_BuyMailboxBV.package", the mailboxes seem to have been fixed by the other packages. I will download it anyway.

I still get some major bugs though, I thought I should share.

1. When the game is loading I get a flash of a glitch. When the text is scrolling. a blank blue will flash on the screen for a split second while it says "Making a Little Bit of Magic". I heard a few others mention this too.

2. I tried to use the helicoptor to go to communities, only thing is I have ended up going to a lot in buildmode instead and no sims.

3. When my sims would leave a community lot, I would end up going to another residential lot instead.

4. When I'm in ANY lot, I often get a blue box appear at the corner of the lot (when the game is paused).

5. When I got to the Neighborhood of Magic, the tall pointy roofs on the palace had blue blotches alot (the edges at most angles), just as horrid as using a standard graphics card.

6. A major problem, now. Maxis has admitted that GeForce cards have problems with the game. I just got a GeForce card installed shortly before buying the game too.

Note: I don't know if these 6 errors could be custom content related or not but I will not rule them out just yet until the final patches are out. I don't know if others are having the same problems either.

Thankyou for your great time & effort, please let us know of any new updates.

-Cheers
Scholar
#88 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tlmalone
Don't know if this is something you can add to your patch. My sims spontaneously stopped using the house phone! They would pick it up when I would select for them to call someone and then just hang it up. Replacing and moving the phone didn't help. Don't know if anyone else has noticed this glitch, but if it can be patched that would be great! Thanks for the patch, you're a sanity saver!!
Don't think a fix is needed for that. Same thing happened to me in one of the apartments and I noticed that the phone (the plain white one) didn't have a handset attached to it. I replaced it with the high-tech looking black one and the phone worked fine. If that's the problem you are referring to, that's all that's needed.

J.M. You are a grumpy ol' goat but you sure do make awesome stuff. Thanks so much. Say hi to Mrs. Crumplebottom for me. Y'all are friends, right?

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:28 AM
I was wondering, is it okay to use this along with the official Apartment Life patch? I think this fixes things that the other doesn't.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
Original Poster
#90 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:59 PM
Yes, still required for ALp1.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 3:25 AM
This mod has nice hair =)
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 11:16 PM
Thanks for the great download! *is on the side walk and not on the lawn*

Now that I think about, half of my downloads are mod like these that fix what should have been done by Maxis/EA. I hope they do a better job on The Sims 3.

Now Taking Requests for House's and Paintings! Downloads also at simbology.com
Forum Resident
#93 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 1:17 PM
Lol I had no idea they ate their phones. I had a sim who just bought a cell and when I went to call someone on a community lot it was gone... so I just had her buy another because I had no idea where it went XD
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 10:17 AM
Haven't visited your lawn (yet! *chuckle*) but I greatly appreciate all your nice work and help!
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 4:54 AM
Now, since EA has released another AL patch (as of Oct 23rd), does this patch conflict?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:34 PM
No. EAxis typically has incorporated similar fixes in a haphazard or insuperior manner, and totally missed others. This still functions in ALp2.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#97 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 4:28 PM
Are they going to publish a new patch every week??? Bah...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#98 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 5:51 PM
Appreciate the response!
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 6:51 PM
Thanks for the patch!
I'll stay off your lawn now.
But you should get an electric fence. My friends think of camping there this weekend.

Cathy
Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Nov 2008 at 5:39 PM
Thank you so much. I only just got AL and would have been sorely disappointed had my inactive apartment children been taken by SS. Glad I found this before that became an issue :D

When the kids on the street say
What's your problem girl?
And the weight of their smile gets too much for you to bare
When they all make you feel like you're a problem girl
Remember
You're no problem at all
-Rob Thomas "Problem Girl"
Page 4 of 6