Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Colonial Windows - Counterheight

by HugeLunatic Posted 20th Sep 2009 at 10:01 AM - Updated 26th Oct 2011 at 4:22 PM by HugeLunatic

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 10:37 PM
These are perfect. Thank you! Btw, where did u get the furniture in the pics?
Test Subject
#27 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 11:47 PM
Thank you SO much! You're awesome on so many levels.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 4:55 AM
Fantastic, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:44 AM
Awesome! I simply hate EA's half-or-less-sets and am happy you came by this!

God loved the birds and created trees. Man loved the birds and created cages -Jaques Duvall
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 8:54 PM
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You !!!
Theorist
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 10:08 PM
I was so excited to see these that I downloaded them last night to use in a house I was remodeling. At first they looked really great. Instead of white I changed them to a different wood texture to match the other windows in the house. As long as they are white they look awesome but they absolutely refuse to display a dark color properly. At the very best, even darkening the texture at maximum settings, they never got beyond a very pale brown.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:49 PM
Thanks for these. I wish I knew what EAxis were thinking when they left all of these half windows out of the game. Did they not think people would want windows installed above their counters? Glad you have modified them for us.

Thanks
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:58 PM
Misty - I can't reproduce this issue. As you can see in my screenshots the dark wood is displaying. I'm still trying to find that house I modifed for that screenshot to see what happens after time passing. But when placing in new houses I can't reproduce it. I can only guess it might be video card related, but that is a mighty big guess.
Theorist
#34 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 12:25 AM
HugeLunatic, thanks for your reply! I'll try fiddling around with it some more. If the problem persists, I'll take screenshots, although no doubt they won't be any help. LOL
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:58 PM
Oh, these just make me all sorts of happy! Thank you x 5,000! =)
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 10:44 PM
ThankYou! Vanilla game has a shocking lack of counter friendly windows
Theorist
#37 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 1:45 AM
I apologize for it taking me so long to get back to you, but I do believe I have found the problem in that there is probably something off with the specular settings. At certain angles, they look perfect. Then at others they become extremely shiny, nearly white. I knew nothing about the cause of this until today, when I ran into a similar issue with an object I cloned. I know there is a way to fix it but am not clear on the exact process just yet.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:54 PM
hmm...I didn't change anything from my clone other than the modl/mlod and the window masks. I wonder if the decompiling changed something? I didn't alter the specular or mask so that shouldn't have changed. I definitely have had objects that I've cloned do this, and it's usually because the alpha disappeared in the specular.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 10:04 AM
very much like that, so cool creations!
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 10:18 AM
Thanks babe xo
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 8:03 PM
Goodness, thank you. It really bugs me when windows don't fit above the countertops.
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 6:06 PM
thanks these are so great! <3
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 3:00 AM
thanks for your work
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:03 AM
I have searched everywhere for this! thank you! I was wondering can the shape of the long Colonial window be taken to make a door?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:12 AM
I agree. Why the hell does EA never give us matching sets? You find an awesome door, no windows. You find 1 window but realize that for a house to look right, you need counter height and full windows, doubles and singles, center between tiles and just on one tile. This is a fantastic add on. I could kiss you! But I won't. Just lots and lots of :D

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#46 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:52 AM
Just a heads up, but it appears that your short Perfect Window doesn't display properly since the LN update. The wall cutout now sticks too far out of the bottom leaving a hole under the sill.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Mad Poster
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:34 AM
Nope, sorry. Hadn't realised you had updated them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 10:40 AM
you CHAMPION!!! Exactly what was needed, thank you
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
Page 2 of 3