Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Storage *Compatible with 1.67*

by treeag Posted 14th Jun 2010 at 12:38 AM - Updated 18th Mar 2014 at 6:46 AM by treeag

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 59 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Theorist
#26 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:43 AM
I can't save either if I place a box. Fully up to date.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Theorist
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it later today
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Barellron
I just had the game hang on saving indefinitely for the first time ever and wasn't sure what caused it, but just reloaded and saved (with no trouble), then placed this box and used the "Store... Gems" function. Saving right after this caused the same hanging save problem (circle icon keeps spinning but never stops). I'm using WA+HELS+Ambitions and the latest patch, with mods in the correct folder and this was my only script mod active since Ambitions hates scripts. I really love the ease of this mod but unfortunately won't be able to use it if I can't save =/.

Just adding a "Me too"
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:50 AM
Can't reproduce the problem with this household who's had the box since forever. I'll try with another household later.
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:39 AM
Double post, but I can confirm the problem is not with the script. It's with the object/mesh. I've been using a different box in my game using the same script with no problem and I've just tried using this box without the script (just as deco) and I had problem saving. Now to remember what did I do to it... I knew I suck at meshing
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:13 AM
I had the same problem as Barellron, And I'm 100% sure it's just this item who makes it happen. Never had problems saving before. Shame, it would've been very useful for my stuff.
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 12:03 PM
Should be fixed now. Please redownload. Let me know if you have any problem.
Scholar
#33 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:22 PM
still can't save
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:43 PM
Are you sure? I can
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 3:57 PM
treeag,

I also had a problem with the 1st file, but since you repaired it and uploaded the new version, I have been able to save with no problems. I am on a pc running win xp, I have base game, wa, hels, ambitions, and am fully patched.
Theorist
#36 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:33 PM
Yep, I can save now. Thank you treeag this is a very helpful item.
I don't even know what I might use it for first, but it definately serves a purpose.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#37 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:27 PM
i dont have a clue what im doing here ive been reading how to make it funcional is there any chance of explaining it me to me how to get it to work...which will make it easier for me
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by uscolonialmarine
I'm having a slight problem with this download. When I open it with WinRAR to get the files it gives me an error. It says: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File\Content.IE5\460ESJ6W\MTS_treeag_1103847_Storage[1].zip The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
I researched a little and I updated WinRAR but nothing fixed my problem. Any help?

Ok well the newly uploaded file solved my problem too. Stupid WinRAR hates me sometimes.
Scholar
#39 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Are you sure? I can

well i can't in windows 7 64x
Theorist
Original Poster
#40 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:55 AM
Well I am on Windows 7 x64. Besides, I really don't think operating system matters.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:48 AM
Very cool idea, thank you
Scholar
#42 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:32 AM Last edited by ToRnado : 16th Jun 2010 at 5:56 AM.
nvm i still had the stupid old one still installed in a different stupid folder.
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:57 AM
And how are those issues related to this mod? Okay nice to know you got it sorted out.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:48 AM
I had the save hang problem. I updated the files and now it works. Now, I also had a problem with disappearing vehicles. My sim would take their preferred vehicle to a lot and when they left, they would be driving the other sim from the same households vehicle. Since updating this download, that problem is now fixed. I posted a help question yesterday and then found that this one had been updated.

*Newness coming.....*
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:05 AM
I seem to be the first with this particular problem;

I don't get any interactions with the box. I see the box in my inventory, and I can buy and place it, but, either in buy mode or in play mode, I have no interactions.

Both files in the zip are in [C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages] All my other mods exist.

This is a brand new install of Sims 3 & Ambitions (Actually, the whole OS is just a few hours old) running under Win7x32. I don't have World Adventure.

Am I missing something?

Edit: The other thing I noticed is when I hover over the box in play mode, I see Treeag.MiscStorage. If thats the case, then according to your documentation, this thing appears to be reading MiscStorage.package as the actual object.
Inventor
#46 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:17 AM
Pontiac76, you need to read this thread: How to Install Packages for Sims 3 Ambitions.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:17 PM
Can you put laundry in this?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 8:57 AM
Got it working. Right after I had finished installing the OS the other day, and had Sims 3 w/ Ambitions installed, I had run Delphys tool to ensure that the framework was all installed properly, however, it seems that the dimwitted user (Namely me) had been putting all the packages in the Program Files directory, not the Documents directory. The thing that got me was that everything I HAD running before WAS working prior to this particular object. Although I am running an already saved game, not starting from scratch.

I think my confusion came from the understanding that a particular page mentioned that the mods should go in the Program Files directory, so I was dropping everything there. However, now that I've managed to fix this, I'll be updating my own internal documentation.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#49 Old 23rd Jun 2010 at 4:57 AM
Good idea. my sims have many stones and drawings and vegetations. finding the things i need is a problem for me. thanks for your creation!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:01 PM
YES! I hate it when my Sim goes traveling and comes back with a bunch of crap in his pockets. I now have somewhere to put it!
Page 2 of 8