Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 45 of 80
Test Subject
#1101 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
There's a button on the lower right that you click after the sim is displayed.

I tried it with the latest version and the red thing is no longer there. Sorry for being an idiot. Thank you so much for the reply :D
Test Subject
#1102 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 3:19 AM
Ok, so I am still having the same save problem. I still can't save the dae for my sim.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1103 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlecCastiel
Ok, so I am still having the same save problem. I still can't save the dae for my sim.

From what you described, it's probably some piece of CC that SimRipper can't handle. If it's happening with all sims it's likely a default replacement. Since you can't save the troubleshooting info, you'll have to find it by removing all your CC and mods and adding them back in small batches until the problem reappears and you can narrow it down.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1104 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 10:25 PM
Your antivirus is blocking it. Antivirus products often block programs like SimRipper that they don't recognize. You'll have to add SimRipper as an exception in your antivirus.

i’ve just tried that, it works until it’s time for me to save the dae, then my computer freezes/ crashes lol :’) thanks for replying
Test Subject
#1105 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 6:19 AM
From what you described, it's probably some piece of CC that SimRipper can't handle. If it's happening with all sims it's likely a default replacement. Since you can't save the troubleshooting info, you'll have to find it by removing all your CC and mods and adding them back in small batches until the problem reappears and you can narrow it down.

Thank you I will check to see. I took out over thing but the cc for the sim I needed to rip. So I will see if I can figure out what one is causing this.
Test Subject
#1106 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlecCastiel

I’m having the same issue and I can’t figure out why
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1107 Old 24th Aug 2021 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crysanthemum
I’m having the same issue and I can’t figure out why

Try removing all your CC and mods, start a fresh game, and see if it works. If it does, the problem is probably a CC item. Then you can rip your sim so it displays, save the sim troubleshooting info, and upload it with your save game.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1108 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 12:43 PM
Are you going to release TS4 Sim Ripper on Mac someday or not
Test Subject
#1109 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 5:03 PM
There's a button on the lower right that you click after the sim is displayed.

Hi, the problem came back again with the mysterious thing blocking the teeth, it disappeared when I used the latest version but now it's here again, I haven't made any change to my sim. I cannot attach the troubleshoot file since it is too big is there any other way?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1110 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pomme2terre
Are you going to release TS4 Sim Ripper on Mac someday or not

No I'm not, sorry.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1111 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lynlyn
Hi, the problem came back again with the mysterious thing blocking the teeth, it disappeared when I used the latest version but now it's here again, I haven't made any change to my sim. I cannot attach the troubleshoot file since it is too big is there any other way?

You mean the latest version that's up now?

Start with an EA sim. If the teeth are normal, it has to be CC or a mod and you'll have to remove all your CC and mods and add them back in until the problem reappears and you can identify which mod or CC it is.

Test Subject
#1112 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:23 AM
hello! i have an issue with TS4Ripper. my sims doesn't appear on TS4Ripper and "WORKING" word also doesn't appear. i've try so many times but it still same. i use alpha cc, presets and slider. i saw some people use like mine but their TS4Ripper works fine. why mine's doesn't work? i also ask some people about this but they said i just let it be, and wait. u know i've wait for 4 hours but my sims still doesn't appear. i feel so frustrated. if i remove presets and slider, it doesn't effect my sims on my "save folder" right? can u help me to fix this? hopefully u reply back my comment.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1113 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ki_kyujin29
hello! i have an issue with TS4Ripper. my sims doesn't appear on TS4Ripper and "WORKING" word also doesn't appear. i've try so many times but it still same. i use alpha cc, presets and slider. i saw some people use like mine but their TS4Ripper works fine. why mine's doesn't work? i also ask some people about this but they said i just let it be, and wait. u know i've wait for 4 hours but my sims still doesn't appear. i feel so frustrated. if i remove presets and slider, it doesn't effect my sims on my "save folder" right? can u help me to fix this? hopefully u reply back my comment.

Do EA sims work? Is it one sim that doesn't work or all of them? Please try with all mods and CC removed.

Mad Poster
#1114 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 8:14 PM
I have a small feature request.
Is there any chance you could add the ability to sort the Sim list alphabetically to make finding Sims easier?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1115 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I have a small feature request.
Is there any chance you could add the ability to sort the Sim list alphabetically to make finding Sims easier?

The list is already in alphabetical order by last name, but I can add an option to sort by first name or household.

Test Subject
#1116 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 3:53 AM
Default Sims Ripper isn't working for me
This all started yesterday for me. It keeps on saying it "cant find my game/ or files. Do I want to set it up manually" . I deleted it and re-download it to see maybe that was the problem but no, it's still like this. Please help
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1117 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by itseicyy
This all started yesterday for me. It keeps on saying it "cant find my game/ or files. Do I want to set it up manually" . I deleted it and re-download it to see maybe that was the problem but no, it's still like this. Please help

Have you tried setting the paths? Or blanking them so SimRipper tries to detect them again? Please post a picture of the settings.

Mad Poster
#1118 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 4:51 PM
The list is already in alphabetical order by last name, but I can add an option to sort by first name or household.

I had managed to completely overlook this as I have always been looking for the first name when searching for a Sim. I'll be sure to take that into account now. Thanks.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#1119 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 9:22 PM
Have you tried setting the paths? Or blanking them so SimRipper tries to detect them again? Please post a picture of the settings.

No, how do you do that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1120 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 9:36 PM
No, how do you do that?

Click Retry to get the settings window. If necessary, copy and paste the path to your game installation folder.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1121 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:27 PM
Recently I re-ripped my sims using the latest version and they look much better than the the ones that were ripped with a far older version, both regarding meshes and textures. Thanks a lot again Cmar for your wonderful work!
Test Subject
#1122 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 1:26 AM
Click Retry to get the settings window. If necessary, copy and paste the path to your game installation folder.

Just copy and paste everything in the folder and put it in the sims folder?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1123 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 10:36 AM
Just copy and paste everything in the folder and put it in the sims folder?

No. Copy and paste the PATH into the settings window. The path is the location where your game is installed. There are examples in the settings window.

Test Subject
#1124 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 6:19 AM
Default Help
It keeps saying bone not found
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1125 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blacksimmer1200
It keeps saying bone not found

Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

Page 45 of 80