Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 55 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1351 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 6:32 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 21st Jan 2022 at 3:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tosyk
thanks for your detailed information! I'll try to be more specific about blender.

About composition.
With any of the version (even with TS4SimRipper_3_10_4_0) I don't think I get a proper composition of normal maps for the clothes of this old lady. Look at the UV, diffuse and then at the normal map:

Maybe the face and hands also have a normal maps but I've never saw them anywhere and I have never got them extracted with your tool Maybe they just don't exist, I'm not sure.

Regarding the blender. I'm not sure if can help with it because it's DAE which holds all the data about materials and textures. I see that right now blender could import Diffuse, Specual maps into the scene if they are in the folder with DAE model. So that's cool. Specular is not connected to anything tho. Normal map is completely ignored. But again I'm not sure if you can add the information about normal map inside DAE.

Regarding the making common view of a normal map - blue instead of grey.
Just swap Red and Alpha channels and after that fill the Alpha channel with white color — you'll get blue normal map right away.
I would not tackle other channels.

Here's archive with my save, used custom shirt package, screenshot of her from the game and extracted models+textures with latest tool (TS4SimRipper_3_10_4_0):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1on...iew?usp=sharing

I can take another look at the DAE format, but as I recall linking the specular didn't work well and either there were no options for other texture types or they didn't work. I don't think I ever looked at normal maps though. The Blender importer doesn't support every option in the DAE specs so I suspect it wouldn't work. (Edit: The Collada DAE format does not support normal maps.)

Thanks, that's the reverse of the process to convert baked normal maps to the format TS4 uses so that makes sense.

I was able to save a normal map of your sim with no problems. The composited normal map is wrong because the top has a normal map that's not the standard size. I can fix that. I don't think heads have normal maps. Hands are part of tops but skin isn't usually bumpmapped. I haven't seen any EA accessories with normal maps.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1352 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 7:51 PM
I've checked and there's no normal maps for body.
Test Subject
#1353 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 8:30 PM
I'm working on changing hands
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1354 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 4:16 AM
How soon is the new official version planned? I need to re-rip my sims but I would like to do that using the new version.
Scholar
#1355 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 11:28 AM
I've checked and there's no normal maps for body.

Yes, there are no normal maps and bumps for body, so I had to create my own. Technically my renders, the body structure are not Sims 4 mesh except clothing and head. Lighting is a biggest challenge and huge pain!

Screenshots

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1356 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wild_guy
How soon is the new official version planned? I need to re-rip my sims but I would like to do that using the new version.

@wild_guy
@Tosyk
@RomerJon17

I hope tomorrow if nothing else comes up. You can help a lot by testing! Especially the textures since I reworked them some and testing the normal maps myself would involve learning more Blender, ugh.

Changes:
- Textures can now be saved in separate skin, makeup, and clothing layers
- Incorrect sizing in normal maps fixed
- Normal maps are now always generated and saved
- Normal maps are optionally converted to the usual blue/pink/violet RGB format
- Ankle gaps in children fixed
- Shadows are more subtle
- Fixed bug causing lines and wrinkles in skin textures to be covered over
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4SimRipper_3_10_5_0.zip (2.46 MB, 18 downloads)

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1357 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 6:02 PM
@CmarNYC
thank you. testing it right now. I have few questions: is it possible to export DAE with separated skin mesh parts?

Another question is it possible to export clothes texture as a none-colored (white?) textures so it can be recolored easy? Like with this button for instance:

New blending mode is really close to the one in the game. Thank you for this! Although, the stubble is too dark as of now — it was way closer to the one from the game in the previous release. Here's example:
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1358 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 7:01 PM
@CmarNYC
thank you. testing it right now. I have few questions: is it possible to export DAE with separated skin mesh parts?

Another question is it possible to export clothes texture as a none-colored (white?) textures so it can be recolored easy? Like with this button for instance:

New blending mode is really close to the one in the game. Thank you for this! Although, the stubble is too dark as of now — it was way closer to the one from the game in the previous release. Here's example:

Exporting separate skin and clothing meshes would be a fairly major project and wouldn't work well in many cases, so I don't think so.

It's easy to make a texture grayscale in any 2D editor you'd be doing recolors in, so I don't see much point in doing it in the tool. That's what you mean, correct?

I'll look at the facial hair problem, thanks!

Test Subject
#1359 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 9:14 PM
Default Filenot find
Hello hope all is well i am having issue with ripper it just sudden stop working it said it cant find my game files and i did nothing to it as wells mot begging abled to rip pets
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1360 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EnchatedPixelsrl
Hello hope all is well i am having issue with ripper it just sudden stop working it said it cant find my game files and i did nothing to it as wells mot begging abled to rip pets

Please try the version attached a few comments up. You can change the game files path in the settings. Also try making SimRipper and its folder exceptions in your antivirus.

Test Subject
#1361 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's easy to make a texture grayscale in any 2D editor you'd be doing recolors in, so I don't see much point in doing it in the tool. That's what you mean, correct?

it doesn't work well because many clothes have patterns and other images overlayed and it's just hard to remove manually.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1362 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 8:50 AM
it doesn't work well because many clothes have patterns and other images overlayed and it's just hard to remove manually.

If you're talking about patterns and 'other images' (not sure what you mean) SimRipper can't remove them. All it would be able to do is make the image monochrome.

Test Subject
#1363 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:33 PM
If you're talking about patterns and 'other images' (not sure what you mean) SimRipper can't remove them. All it would be able to do is make the image monochrome.

how about extracting masks for re-coloring?

also about normal maps.
you making Blue channel not white but somewhat grey - beause of this the normal maps looks not right.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1364 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 1:10 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Jan 2022 at 1:50 PM.

also about normal maps.
you making Blue channel not white but somewhat grey - beause of this the normal maps looks not right.

What masks do you mean? If you mean the alpha, that would just give you a flat area that's less suitable for recoloring than monochrome would be. And again you can easily just grab the alpha manually. Maybe if you could explain in more detail what you're looking for that would help, but keep in mind that I'm not going to be adding more features that would require a lot of work or are outside SimRipper's purpose of replicating a sim as it appears in the game.

Edit: Oops, I set the blue channel to 225 instead of 255. Thanks for catching it.

Mad Poster
#1365 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 5:48 PM

also about normal maps.

Are you thinking of The Sims 3 textures? TS4 textures aren't made up of layers for decals or patterns. If an item you want to recolour has an image on it or a decal then it has been flattened as part of the finished texture. There is no version without the decal in the game for Ripper to extract or seperate for example. It would require painting over by hand in an editing program.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#1366 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM
Default Help!! TS4RIPPER application start error
hello everyone, I have a problem with the ts4ripper program and it gives me an error when opening the application, I have an empty mods folder.

attached image of the error window

I appreciate your help!!!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1367 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frenchisim
hello everyone, I have a problem with the ts4ripper program and it gives me an error when opening the application, I have an empty mods folder.

attached image of the error window

I appreciate your help!!!

It's either not finding or can't open the game files. Check the game files path in the settings, make sure you have privilege to access the game files, and try making the SimRipper folder and program exceptions in your antivirus.

Test Subject
#1368 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 11:44 PM
@Menaceman44, thank you. I saw some masks in sims4 archives so I thought they can be extracted.
@CmarNYC, I noticed some issue with weights. I cannot reproduce it but I have save for it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oy...iew?usp=sharing
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1369 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 5:45 AM
@Menaceman44, thank you. I saw some masks in sims4 archives so I thought they can be extracted.
@CmarNYC, I noticed some issue with weights. I cannot reproduce it but I have save for it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oy...iew?usp=sharing

SimRipper doesn't assign weights, it just works with what's in the mesh. Some CC might have incorrect weights. I can't tell anything from just a save file.

Lab Assistant
#1370 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 7:43 AM
You can help a lot by testing! Especially the textures since I reworked them some and testing the normal maps myself would involve learning more Blender, ugh.
Everything seems to work fine for my sims. I don't have many requirements though since I need them completely clean, without any clothing and makeup
Test Subject
#1371 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 10:36 AM
SimRipper doesn't assign weights, it just works with what's in the mesh. Some CC might have incorrect weights. I can't tell anything from just a save file.

are you sure you are not missing something for weights? because in game there's no problems with his fingers. The only problems when I extract/rip my sim into DAE.
Maybe a rounding numbers affects the weights or anything else?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1372 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 12:11 PM
are you sure you are not missing something for weights? because in game there's no problems with his fingers. The only problems when I extract/rip my sim into DAE.
Maybe a rounding numbers affects the weights or anything else?

Of course I'm not sure, but you're not giving me anything to work with except one picture. If you can't replicate it I can't tell what's causing it. If it's all sims in all tops I assume someone would have reported it by now, and if it's one top I need to see that top.

Test Subject
#1373 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 1:42 PM
Of course I'm not sure, but you're not giving me anything to work with except one picture. If you can't replicate it I can't tell what's causing it. If it's all sims in all tops I assume someone would have reported it by now, and if it's one top I need to see that top.
but I gave you my save file, you can export it yourself and see. Please tell me if you need something else

Testing further and forund some weird redish color. I mean it's okay as a color but my sim in the game looks not so red

I'm using "Original" option for blending and it worked before pretty nice but it seems it doesn't work that way all the time.
Can you check it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1374 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 2:27 PM
but I gave you my save file, you can export it yourself and see. Please tell me if you need something else

Testing further and forund some weird redish color. I mean it's okay as a color but my sim in the game looks not so red
I'm using "Original" option for blending and it worked before pretty nice but it seems it doesn't work that way all the time.
Can you check it?

Well, it would have been helpful if you had confirmed it was just the one shirt. I'm not going to spend time on fixing just one shirt.

I've never been able to completely duplicate the skin textures despite many, many hours of trying. That's why there are several options for blending the skin. You have to try other options, and if necessary you can save the skin separately and touch it up yourself.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1375 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dz1986
Hello! Why do I see some parts of the body gray ?!

Please remove that picture, it's against site rules.

Please upload the sim troubleshooting info.

Page 55 of 80