Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolourable FullPoster "Wall Overlay - Wall Animation" *Update 06/11*

by Pixelhate Posted 1st Aug 2007 at 12:28 AM - Updated 28th Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM by leesester

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 12:51 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 1st Aug 2007 at 12:56 AM.
Yay I'm first!!1!

This is a brilliant idea, graffiti without having to hamster 2 billion different wallpapers! Thanks for the link to the pacotacoplayer ones as well, I hadn't seen them yet, but I'll admit I like yours better since they're transparent =) .. looking forward to check them out in-game!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:18 AM
Great job, this will come in handy! Thank you!!

Need to check those animated ones especially, look like fun , hehe!

You will find my older and newest creations here
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:20 AM
Oh my, this sounds too awesome to be true! Lots of loving thoughts to you and Numenor from me, I can't wait to try them out. They will add a wonderful realism to my urban 'hood!

Evereyone - recolours plz! :D

My 100% free site Carnaby Sims
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 1:34 AM
Awesome. I love objects like these. I absolutely despise having 20 different wallpapers with the same pattern just to get a used look. I adore the ones at tsr, its so great that theres some available to everybody now and these have cracks and dirt. ^_^ this makes me happy. heh

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MorriganRane
... I adore the ones at tsr, its so great that theres some available to everybody now and these have cracks and dirt. ^_^ this makes me happy. heh

What are you refering to ?

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
Not actually evil.
#7 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 2:38 AM
Brilliant concept, lovely execution! Happy thoughts all around!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:13 AM
Oooh these are fabuloso - of course thanks to the uber one Numenor and to you pixel for the wonderful recolours - I can't wait to have a play with them =) And yes anything to prune the walls folder is a GREAT GREAT thing!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Forum Resident
#9 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 5:21 AM
Awesome! I'm so happy to see this project finished. *rubs grubby paws together* I'm inspired to make even more recolors for these meshes!

Thanks to Numenor for them, and you Pixel for the wonderful recolors.

Like Pitch Black and CoR?
Visit GM_Andy's. My Home on the Web! My Sims2 stuff and files I'm caretaker of can be found here

Need a way to open that .rar file? Use the Sims2 File Maid.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:16 AM
Amazing.
Thank you Pixelhate, and Numenor, for these fantastic - and genius - wall overlays.
You rock!

...they call us walking corpses;
unholy living dead...

-------------

Leather, Spikes, Studs and Patches - Corinne's Creations
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:34 AM
Thank you both!!! These will come in handy in my city neighbourhood. Can't wait to test them out!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:57 AM
woooow! always wanted to have something like that!!! it's sooo useful! thanx to you and numenor!!!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 7:52 PM
My thoughts have already been said by other people above. It's a marvelous idea indeed and you worked it out with great creativity. The versatility of this object will definately help me clean out my walls folder! Thank you and Numenor as well!

in desperate need of improving my rupert grint sim :|
Scholar
#14 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 10:25 PM
These are absolutely fantastic. They make so much more sense than making a bunch of various recolours of the same wall. I especially love the crayon drawings. :D
I hope someone makes some good simlish recolours of this.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Alchemist
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:07 PM
Yeah! Thank you and thanks to Numenor, you both are giving us so many genius gifts! Love these, I can't wait till this evening for playing with them, the animated especially. Thanks again and ciao.
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 6:14 PM
What a fantastic idea! Your items are very useful to make Sims 2 stories.
Thanks your great job, always.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 8:52 PM
I may have found a little issue with this -- not sure if it's intentional, but just in case it isn't: the overlay is a little bit off the wall, which becomes noticeable when there's an object with its back against the wall in front of it (like a fridge for example) .. is that on purpose?

By no means a critique -- in 99.9% of all cases the difference is not visible --, I just thought since you're such a perfectionist you might want to know =). Thanks again, these look great in my game (I'll just put my fridges elsewhere).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 10:00 PM
I see what you're meaning, I guess it's unavoidable as the mesh is cloned from a poster, and these are a bit off of the wall. Unless this can be change in the 3D mesh (wich is not my field), I have no solution for it... (looking at Numenor direction)

Every feedback is precious to me, so thank you for bringing this one to me. I'm glad you have use of my stuff. Thanks for your appreciation.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
The ModFather
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 11:33 PM Last edited by Numenor : 12th Aug 2007 at 12:37 AM.
This set is a *must-have*!!! I mean, the idea of putting degradated overlays over existing wallpapers is so brilliant! And the graphics is fantastic, too

The overlays are too far from the wall? Let me check them in game, and I will tell you if something can be done.

EDIT: Check your PM's *wink* The overlays were definitely too far from the walls. My bad -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:05 AM
It's magical ! Thank you very much ModFather !
The position of the meshes (the distance from the wall) is now fixed.
Plus! now they can be placed on walls that already have something attached to it (wall lamps, paintings, windows or even other graffiti) Multi-overlay is now very easy!
The Catalog Description is also fixed.
Please redownload the Mesh.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:34 AM
Wow, that was a quick fix. Thank you both! =)

The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:42 AM
Now it's your turn, Plasticbox: let us dream with a lot in perfect "urban abandon" style! :D

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#23 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixelhate
It's magical ! Thank you very much ModFather !
The position of the meshes (the distance from the wall) is now fixed.
Plus! now they can be placed on walls that already have something attached to it (wall lamps, paintings, windows or even other graffiti) Multi-overlay is now very easy!
The Catalog Description is also fixed.
Please redownload the Mesh.

I redownloaded fixed mesh, thank you for the message and Numenor's fixing.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Now it's your turn, Plasticbox: let us dream with a lot in perfect "urban abandon" style! :D

You know, I'd love to =) but right now I don't have any time to build stuff .. plus, my last upload was such a monster project, it's good to take a break for a while. But, you know, that's the great thing about these posters: you can just slap them onto any lot -> voilà, instant abandon =).

The ModFather
retired moderator
#25 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 1:43 AM
Well, then... I'll "abandon" some of your Newbie Lane lots myself The "less than §10,000" are perfect for the purpose -

Page 1 of 5