Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Reagents Needed for Spells

by treeag Posted 30th Aug 2008 at 5:22 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 6:10 AM by treeag

163 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Field Researcher
#26 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:01 AM
This is wonderful! Thank you hon
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPhenix
Great! I hated the idea of having to charge your wand with objects. But it does remove the challenge....oh well!

I hope I don't encounter problems...that teleportation thing is cool...

I agree with Cubhicbu, I wish a sim could do all spells without forgeting any other spells.

What witch forgets a spell anyways? :D

Aunt Clara from Bewitched
Instructor
#28 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 6:14 AM
LMAO that woman forgot to get dressed if someone forgot to tell her hehe

i miss Bewitched so need see if they have season dvds for that show

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Theorist
Original Poster
#29 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:13 PM
Ok I've updated the sim transformer, the main change being the addition of witch options.

gabriel8, I really don't think my hack is the cause. It really doesn't touch the teleport code at all. Are you sure you didn't put some other hacks/mods together with this at the same time?

oh and kittyvive, I'm a she
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 3:28 PM
LOL ojama!!!!!!

Sooo true!

Does anyone experience the same problem as me? After playing the game for a while, my sims can't study life skills (Anger management, Physiology.... ). Well they can but no "progress bar" appears (that blue bar telling you how much more you need to study. I tried making them study for sim days without the bar but it doesn't work....
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:06 PM
I want neutral witches to be able to do all spells.. Can you please create a hack for it?
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 12:53 AM
yes im sure i just checked all my downloads and this is the only thing ive downloaded since al came out
Theorist
Original Poster
#33 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 1:56 AM
Ok have you tried putting away all the other downloads and put this alone in there? I need to make sure because I can't reproduce the problem. Or better yet, try removing all the downloads (maybe moving the whole folder to the desktop would be easier), and then see if they can teleport. If they can't, then it means it's not caused by this hack; but if they can, create a new downloads folder and put this hack in. Just this hack, don't put the other CC, and see if the problem comes back.

Also, have you tried on another lot or even another neighborhood? Are you sure your witch has the skill required (i.e. is is listed in their spell book)?
Test Subject
#34 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 9:48 AM
k ill give it a try yes i have obtained the ability.
Test Subject
#35 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 10:34 AM
success thankyou so much sorry for being a nuesence
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 9:47 PM
Is there something I'm doing wrong? I put the file in the "Downloads" folder, and I've enabled custom content, but it hasnt changed anything! The hack doesnt work! What's going on?

KT Tunstall = Amazing!
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 10:07 PM
Oh, nevermind! it works! Thank you!!!

KT Tunstall = Amazing!
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 2:07 PM
I'd love it if someone made a mod to not have witch clothes override the Sims' clothes whenever they change alignment, or at the very least not have the alignment go down whenever the Sim casts neutral magic.

Haven't tried out your mod yet, treeag, but I will!
Instructor
#39 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Freelance Wolf
I'd love it if someone made a mod to not have witch clothes override the Sims' clothes whenever they change alignment

Carrigon did a mod here No Witch Skin and Witch Clothes Hack (AL)

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:02 PM
YAE!
Maybe this will help the fact that my Sims spell casting pie menu doesn't show up.

If you can help that problem then give me a pm.or if you just wanna say hi.
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
Carrigon did a mod here No Witch Skin and Witch Clothes Hack (AL)

wow, your signature is cool...
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 10:22 PM
BTW I'm having the same problem I put the mod in my downloads folder and it's not working. I don't have any conflicting mods or hacks. why is it not working?
Theorist
Original Poster
#43 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 2:44 AM
Are you sure you don't have any conflicting hacks? Have you tried removing the whole downloads folder temporarily and just put this one in? What do you mean it's not working? The pie menus still grayed out?
Test Subject
#44 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 8:06 PM
No. The pie menu was never greyed out. What I ment was the hack isn't working. I have a conflicting hack checker program installed and it says that there are no conflicting hacks. I haven't tried removing all the other downloads because then when I go into a sims home that has the downloaded objects, the lot could bug up. I don't know what else to do but I guess I can try that and I'll just make a new family.
Theorist
Original Poster
#45 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 1:41 AM
What do you mean the pie menus were never grayed out? You mean they don't show up at all instead? They are supposed to be grayed out originally if you don't have any reagents and don't have this hack... So if the hack isn't working like you said, they're supposed to stay grayed out.
Instructor
#46 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:05 AM
Ginger8445 what aligment is your witch or warlock an what skill level are they at?

Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 7:17 PM
Reply to treeag: They don't show up and so I can't cast them. My spellbook says I know them but the hack isn't working although I got rid of old things I don't need.

Reply to knightguy82: My witch has max magic skill and is an Infalliably good witch.

I was also wondering because some else had posted this (I personally don't know how to do this there are many better people for the job than me.) can someone make a hack that allows you to be any alignment and have all the spells unlocked? I'll keep working on it. Thanks for all your help but, I'll keep you posted.
Theorist
Original Poster
#48 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 2:07 AM
If they don't show up then you have an incompatible hack. If my hack doesn't work, the pie menus should be grayed out. Try removing all the downloads folder and leave this one in to make sure which hack causes that.
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:38 PM
You are a great person.
Truely! I am very thankfull you created this hack/mod!

And Thanks!
Test Subject
#50 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 3:59 PM
It will not work!

I've re-installed the hack/mod and I've... done nearly everything! I've restarted the game alot of times and I can only re-install The Sims 2 AL as my last solution!

Could someone please PM me how I can get it to work?

Pewter!

-Shiney Rock Star-
Page 2 of 7