Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Reagents Needed for Spells

by treeag Posted 30th Aug 2008 at 5:22 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2008 at 6:10 AM by treeag

163 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 120 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Theorist
Original Poster
#51 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 4:11 PM
Ok first, please elaborate. What do you mean by not working? Are the pie menus still grayed out or are they not appearing at all? If the latter, you have an incompatible hack with AL and it has nothing to do with this hack.
Instructor
#52 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ginger8445
can someone make a hack that allows you to be any alignment and have all the spells unlocked?

TripleM @ MATY did it here

Quote:
name: noalignmentreqandchange.package

description: casting a spell or creating an object dont have alignment requirements. magic skill requirement stays in place. although, casting a spell or creating an object of the wrong alignment take much longer, have lower success rates and drain motives much more, as already implemented through EAxis.

The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision. - L. Lavner
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 8:53 AM
thanks so much ^^
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by knightguy82
TripleM @ MATY did it here

I can't find the download " button"!!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 3:44 PM
Never mind!
Test Subject
#56 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 9:41 PM
Firstly, thanks for all the time you have spent on this mod. Unfortunately, while this is the only dowloaded material I have installed at the moment, spell are still consuming reagents and as they are consumed, the corresponding spells are greyed out in the pie menu. Also, the game crashed on one occassion, which has not happened before. Any suggestions?
Theorist
Original Poster
#57 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 10:07 AM
First, are you sure you've unzipped the file and put it in your downloads folder correctly?
Test Subject
#58 Old 25th Sep 2008 at 4:54 AM Last edited by redknight021 : 25th Sep 2008 at 5:12 AM.
I had the same problem as Ginger8445, so i did as you suggested treeag, i removed my whole folder and put just this hack in it and it worked perfectly.

So i started putting mods back into the folder that the game flagged as being potential to causing conflicts one by one.

I've come to learn that a mod i had called "TK_PC-Omega-3000_v0.1.07_FT.package" and "TK_PC-Omega-3000_EP6-TeenVacation.package" was causing my pie menus for "cast a spell" to disappear, as well as the menus to talk to the high witches to teach you magic or buy reagents from them!

Unfortunately, i don't have any kind of version information on that, but i did some very careful process of elimination and found this one mod of over 1,500 to be the problem. I hope this information helps someone, cheers!

Edit: I was looking at the wrong file when i wrote the original post and said it was smonaff's vampires walk normal mod that was the culprit. I have retested and the PC-Omega-3000 mods were definitely at fault, sorry about the confusion!
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 4:27 PM
Yay! I was wondering if anyone would ever do this!
Now Ill use magic alot more.
Test Subject
#60 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 12:20 PM
OMG!! thank you soooooo much, enough wasting money on stupid regents!
Test Subject
#61 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM
This is brilliant, thank you!

Please feel free to upload my walls and floors in your finished lots as long as they are not offered on any paysites, TSR, or the Exchange. You may recolour them as long as you give credit and link back to the original.
Test Subject
#62 Old 14th Oct 2008 at 12:17 AM Last edited by luchs : 26th Oct 2008 at 12:13 AM.
well actually for teleport, we can use ...

man, i forgot the name of the book of skills that make the sims no longer have to do any learning... That item have an option to learn a normal teleport. Although, I don't know if we haven't this book how do we learn that un-magical teleport stuff ?

I got the name... it's from you also right ? treeag book's of talent, man, you helping me a lot by make my sims all full of skills :p
Test Subject
#63 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 12:00 PM
Thank yous! *bows down* Now my sims can sell all the reagents >8D lol
I'm too lazy to amke reagents -3-
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 5:22 AM
Awesome. awesome hack.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 6:12 AM
Great, now I can have my witches and warlocks cast any spell. I'm also too lazy to have my sims to make reagents, .
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 11:37 PM
woooo!!!! thanks!!!

I think everybody should like everybody. ~Andy Worhol (Go Pittsburgh!!)

98% of teens have drank or been around alcohol. Put this in your signature if you like bagels.

"I don't want to do good things, I want to do great things." -- Lex Luthor
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Nov 2008 at 9:38 PM
thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#68 Old 10th Nov 2008 at 11:30 PM
Thank You Soooooooo Much!!!! I was looking for a mod like this everywhere! Awesome!
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 5:05 AM
You're the man! Not enough words do I have to say how much I love you, man.
Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 1:33 PM
Thanks! Finally someone who understands my needs!
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 12:46 PM
I love you.
This is awesome <3
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 11:43 AM
I'm sorry, but unfortunately this mod really disables the magivestigium(teleport) spell. First time I played with this mod, it went just fine, but after that this spell wouldn't appear. Then I disabled the custom content and I could teleport again.

Have you seen Bellla?
Theorist
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Dec 2008 at 3:12 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't in my game, so I cannot reproduce it. Are you sure you don't have any other hack? Some other people had the same problem as you and turned out it was some other hack that was causing that, perhaps there's a conflict.
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 5:11 PM
Thank you! I HATED those dumb reagents.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 9th Jan 2009 at 5:17 PM
Oh mate, thank you so much! Those regents make cool decorations but charging the wand was just too much, cheers ^^
Page 3 of 7