Replies: 2099 (Who?), Viewed: 207591 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 4 of 84
Alchemist
#76 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 12:15 PM
Well I could send anyone the file who want to turn it into a hotel. I suck at making hotels

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 4:44 PM
I also think it is a good idea to make it a resort. Here's a sneak peek of what I am about to upload.

Screenshots
Scholar
#78 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 5:08 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 10th Jul 2013 at 5:20 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Well I could send anyone the file who want to turn it into a hotel. I suck at making hotels

Well, I'm game.

gogolinopz, that house is extraordinarily different to your previous two uploads but is very much in league with those huge palaces you uploaded before. Just looking at the picture it hints at that distinct elegance and grandeur they had, I wonder what treasures await inside.

I thought I'd also share some pics of homes I'm working one. The first is an attempt at making something more typical of my own country, I have a habbit of building homes in American styles and so I thought I'd go for something more typically English, or Yorkshire to be more precise. It'd also designed to look as if it has evolved over the decades of its existence, with the original Georgian portion and then a later Victorian wing and veranda. The second is an attempt at the Stick Eastlake style, inspired by an Eastlake styled home. The third is more of an eclectical Victorian mix. None of them are entirely finished, but when they are, I intend to share them.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 10th Jul 2013 at 5:38 PM
The second one looks great, I really like it!
Alchemist
#80 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 12:48 AM
Fergie: Yay! I'll send you the file per PM tomorrow
I like that English manor I've always failed at making something English

Gogo: Like Fergie said it's really different from your previous houses, and that car where did you get it?!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 5:33 AM
George, that manor of yours is very different than your previous uploads but still very grand!
Fergie I like all three of the houses! My favorite one is the red one!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#82 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 5:36 AM
I am working on a Tudor Revival mansion and will post pics tomorrow

C.T.HOLKO88
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 9:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Fergie: Yay! I'll send you the file per PM tomorrow
I like that English manor I've always failed at making something English

Gogo: Like Fergie said it's really different from your previous houses, and that car where did you get it?!


I think that the car is from the Supernatural EP.
Scholar
#84 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 11:57 AM
Just looking at the picture with the car outside the house, it gives of quite a Roaring 20's feel. It could be awesome for parties.
Alchemist
#85 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 13th Jul 2013 at 8:41 AM.
Okay guys I just put the file here for Fergie to download. You can download and take look and edit, too, ofcourse. Fergie tell me when you've downloaded it then I remove it again

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Scholar
#86 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 12th Jul 2013 at 8:56 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Okay guys I just put the file here for Fergie to download. You can download and take look and edit, too, ofcourse. Fergie tell me when you've downloaded it then I remove it again

Got it! Now, to see what exactly I'm working with...
I'll post an update this weekend when I've had a chance to work on it, I've got to update my game, which normally takes ages. Thanks anyway Johnny/Zandvoort
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 8:40 AM
Hey, guys. I want to ask you - do you think that this is going well? I want to make a replica of the Marble House but it just doesn't seem right. I kept the proportions but it still looks a little crappy. Should I just throw it away? :D

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#88 Old 13th Jul 2013 at 7:53 PM Last edited by TudorMan23 : 13th Jul 2013 at 9:26 PM.
George maybe change out the second story windows for more square ones and try making the "marble" more white but over all it looks good. The proportions and details look good too!

Also change out the front door, if you want the house look authentic

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#89 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 9:26 AM
Yes, the door doesn't go with it
Scholar
#90 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 11:54 AM
What I'd do is keep the windows on the upper storey but make them a bit more white. Then I'd replace the arched windows on the ground floor with the base game two tile wide arched windows instead of the ones from supernatural that you are currently using. I think this could bring them back into proportion. Also, if you're not affraid of using CC, I'd suggest using Awesim's Cornices on the compressed floor between the pillars of the floor below and the ballustrade of the floor above.
Alchemist
#91 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 10:49 PM
I agree with Fergie about the main floor windows. They make the house appear smaller than it actually is.

Also:
Fergie. Do you like the house and the floorplan? If you think bout tweaking, be careful. There's a lot of CFE. I know you are good with CFE but I thoughy I warn you Also on the lower floor there's a big room with columns and some smaller ones connected to it, I had a ballroom with a seating and a smoking area in mind, would be good for a hotel too, I guess

To all of you I need a little help. I want to sumbit that contemporary villa I've showed you but I'm not which picture to choose as thumbnail.
This one...

...or this?
Screenshots

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Scholar
#92 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Also:
Fergie. Do you like the house and the floorplan? If you think bout tweaking, be careful. There's a lot of CFE. I know you are good with CFE but I thoughy I warn you Also on the lower floor there's a big room with columns and some smaller ones connected to it, I had a ballroom with a seating and a smoking area in mind, would be good for a hotel too, I guess

To all of you I need a little help. I want to sumbit that contemporary villa I've showed you but I'm not which picture to choose as thumbnail.

You've done a great job of the place so far, I can see a lot of potential. I really like what you've done, the only thing I really want to change a far as its structure is concerned is having a grand entrance and a grand staircase. I like what you've done with th external staircase leading up to the 1st floor, so I will orientate the grand staircase so it heads up towards that room. This will of course involve the shuffling about of walls and rooms, but it wont be too difficult. I might do something more with the tower, possibly change the windows, but other than that, I really like the lot. It's gonna take a while to fully capitalize on its grand proportions as far as the furnishing is concerned. But Thanks for sharing it with me. I'll keep you posted on updates.
Also, I'd go for the first picture as it appears to be the front of the building. But other than that factor I can't really decide between the two.
Scholar
#93 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 8:35 PM
@Johnny_Bravo I love your avatar
Alchemist
#94 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 2:20 AM
Haha thanks Nick
Fergie Yes the first one is the front. I'll just wait for some others to answer
The tower is CFE'd to that level, so the upper ''floor'' isn't useable. Also, Did you find the underground garage yet?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#95 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 6:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
I agree with Fergie about the main floor windows. They make the house appear smaller than it actually is.

Also:
Fergie. Do you like the house and the floorplan? If you think bout tweaking, be careful. There's a lot of CFE. I know you are good with CFE but I thoughy I warn you Also on the lower floor there's a big room with columns and some smaller ones connected to it, I had a ballroom with a seating and a smoking area in mind, would be good for a hotel too, I guess

To all of you I need a little help. I want to sumbit that contemporary villa I've showed you but I'm not which picture to choose as thumbnail.
This one...

...or this?


I like the second one better. But I think that you should switch on live mode and wait for the sun to lighthen the house from that angle and take the picture then. It will look a lot better with all the shadows.
Scholar
#96 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 3:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogolinopz
I like the second one better. But I think that you should switch on live mode and wait for the sun to lighthen the house from that angle and take the picture then. It will look a lot better with all the shadows.

That's a briliant idea! Maybe he could even try picturing the house against as sunset. It could make an awesome backdrop along with the use of shadows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Fergie Yes the first one is the front. I'll just wait for some others to answer
The tower is CFE'd to that level, so the upper ''floor'' isn't useable. Also, Did you find the underground garage yet?

I already knew about the tower from the first pic you posted. The garage is great, although I didn't see any internal doors on that level. But I was thinking that down there could be the service rooms (laundry, e.t.c.) I will also move the staircase to that floor so that it is only accessible from the 'back rooms'(kitchens, staff quarters, e.t.c.) of the floor above. But you have already provided ample space, so there wont be too much work on my behalf.
Forum Resident
#97 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 4:31 AM
Hey
This is house I built a couple years ago when I first got the Sims 3 and I wanted to redo it! Its a Tudor Revival Mansion and I copied it fro this floor plan: http://www.architecturaldesigns.com...plan-81277w.asp
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#98 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 1:14 PM
Your version is a little bit bigger, isn't it? So far it looks nice, just shame the your settings are /must be low.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
Forum Resident
#99 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 5:17 AM
Yea It might be slightly bigger! I might just start over and scale it back a bit

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#100 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 3:08 PM
I guess your pc would like that, too. The orginal floorplan only has 4 bedrooms, yours could hold 8 or more. When it comes to copying housesplans I have OCD

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
__________
Need help building? We'll help.
 
Page 4 of 84
Back to top