Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Update] Sims Body Essentials: A Complete Set of Body Sliders

by leWing Posted 13th Jul 2013 at 7:54 AM - Updated 5th Aug 2013 at 8:53 AM by leWing : Additional Info, Update

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leWing

Can you post the error with the lateral bicep slider? In my tests, nothing weird happened. What range did you use? Was it within 256, or did you go somewhere up like 1000? Admittedly, all of my tests were done on males, so it's quite possible that there are unintentional deformities on the female body. I did that to save some time, since previous tests basically told me the sliders worked fine for both genders.

By the way, awesome sim you've got there. I'm pretty impressed with how nicely it came out! Thanks for letting me see your sim!! :D

http://lapizrazuli.blogspot.com/201...-laplace_9.html

I tested the sliders on a female sim and the Biceps lateral thickness caused the elbow crease to appear torn even with slight fiddling, could be due to the female hands being relatively smaller. I only used within the 256 range!! Thank you!!

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberIndia
I tested the sliders on a female sim and the Biceps lateral thickness caused the elbow crease to appear torn even with slight fiddling, could be due to the female hands being relatively smaller. I only used within the 256 range!! Thank you!!

I took a look at it, and there's actually nothing wrong with how I made it. Unfortunately, at extreme values the slider will cause some deformities to appear.

It wasn't apparent on the male bicep slider, but it definitely can be seen on a female sim clearly. One solution is to slightly increase the forearm lateral slider along with the bicep. This is undesirable due to lack of user control. The alternative is for me to simply reduce the slider values for the bicep which will just be me making a 200 value into a 256 value.

It's not difficult to do that. I'll post an update to prevent the crease soon. But in the meantime, just avoid going past 200. If you do go past that value, using the forearm lateral slider will help eliminate the crease.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:30 AM
These are fantastic! And is that an RotG Jack Frost Sim modeling the ear sliders?

Kudos to you for doing all this work. Sims are really so bland with just the sliders EA gives us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kinseth
These are fantastic! And is that an RotG Jack Frost Sim modeling the ear sliders?

Kudos to you for doing all this work. Sims are really so bland with just the sliders EA gives us.

Hehe, yes, that's him. He was still in the process of being created back then, so he looks better frontally now. He was actually one of the reasons why I made the leg sliders and head sliders. The brown haired one was meant to be Jamie, but for the purposes of modelling, I hastily turned him into an adult, which did weird things with his body. But meh, I was getting frustrated with how much work this turned out to be, so I kept the pictures.

I'm thinking about making a new face slider to reduce mouth creases so I can make him look more movie-like, but it's just so much time! I really want to do other things over this summer, so we'll see if I go back to Sims3 modding.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 9:40 AM
Great! Can't wait to try these out! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Jul 2013 at 8:15 PM
Yay! Now I can finally make ears that look like mine!

-From the girl with the weird-looking ears
Instructor
THANKS POST
#32 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 12:23 AM
These truly are essential! I was against using body sliders...until now.Thank-you for creating quality body sliders that truly add visible variety to sims appearance. Almost a necessity like Belle3ka's face sliders. Thank- you for all your hard work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999
Yay! Now I can finally make ears that look like mine!

-From the girl with the weird-looking ears

Those aren't weird ears. Those are cool ears! Be proud of your look!

Quote: Originally posted by FREEDOM_55
These truly are essential! I was against using body sliders...until now.Thank-you for creating quality body sliders that truly add visible variety to sims appearance. Almost a necessity like Belle3ka's face sliders. Thank- you for all your hard work

Haha, thanks! I try my best to be thorough and complete, so I'm glad that my work has converted you to the dark side. :P

Have fun with the sliders!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 16th Jul 2013 at 10:13 PM
Will try this awesome sliders! Thanks a lot!
Umm if you have time, can you make slider for bodybuilder sims? I can't seem to find it anywhere!
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by James_Lionheart
Will try this awesome sliders! Thanks a lot!
Umm if you have time, can you make slider for bodybuilder sims? I can't seem to find it anywhere!

BloomsBase has one here, but it wildly distorts the sim, like jonha's chest slider.
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#36 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:16 PM
This looks like a wonderful selection of sliders.
Test Subject
#37 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 12:15 PM
Wow, great! especially the hands!
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 4:54 AM
So, it says built with 1.55, would one version down be just fine, or was some major code changed?

Just a musician who likes playing Sims!
Want to listen track? Look me up on Soundcloud! DJ Mons13r
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkyWolfRay
So, it says built with 1.55, would one version down be just fine, or was some major code changed?

I recall building my sliders first when it was 1.45 or the like. 1.50 was when I finalized my sliders and everything seemed to work perfectly, and then I realized there was a 1.55 -- which I then had to patch to in order to make sure the sliders still worked.

So yes. 1.50 is good. If there were any changes, then 1.50 is the patch where the sliders are most optimal to use.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 4:50 AM
Amazing . can you make a calf lenght slider? thanks
Test Subject
#41 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:19 PM
Can you use these to change the height overall of your sim? (like make them taller or shorter?)
Also, does it conflict with any other sliders?
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 4:17 AM Last edited by SkyGuy15 : 23rd Aug 2013 at 3:59 AM.
Hi there, I've downloaded a couple of your sliders for a sim I'm trying to make.

Your neck sliders work great (thanks!), however I seem to be having a problem with your Upper Nasal Bridge slider.
For some reason, that one shows up all the way over to the left of the bar in my game, so I can only increase the nasal bridge by moving it to the right. I'm wanting to make the nasal bridge on my sim a bit smaller, but I'm not able to do that because of this issue.

Think you could look into this problem? I'd appreciate the help.

Edit: After looking at the .package file, it seems that the slider itself is made to only go in one direction.
In that case, could you please make this slider bi-directional? That'd be just what I need, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 8:02 AM
These are just so beautiful. I love them. You are genius. I mean just wow. I don't know what to say but a big thank you. You so kind to do this and to share it. Theses sliders are a Godsend
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 3:24 PM
THANK YOU !! =)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 4:50 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 12:11 AM
What happened to neck sliders in general? How did it bork the sim?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 10:08 AM
These should be useful. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 2:05 PM
Oh you are awesome! I miss the unlimited sliders they have in Second Life
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 5:49 PM
Thank you for this slider , But I'm having some problem with the calf special in poses the calf distorts
THANKS POST
#50 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:44 PM
Good!!
Page 2 of 4