Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

28 Tribal Māori Tā Moko Tattoos

by cyclo_tripz Posted 19th Mar 2013 at 10:09 PM - Updated 13th Jun 2013 at 12:51 AM by cyclo_tripz : changed terminology

98 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 82 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 11:24 AM
Appreciate the efforts, thanks again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 2:39 PM
Yasss :DDDDDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 11:47 AM
Great Tattoos
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 21st Nov 2014 at 10:49 PM
F**king Amazing Man! This is Amazing Work, I can't believe somebody made Really good Look Maori Tattoos, Thanks From Me Man, But A Question, How Do I make the Tatto larger? Cause i wanted a Whole Back Tattoo But i can only make it so big
Test Subject
#80 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 10:08 AM
NOT Tā Moko!!!
I am from New Zealand and for the most part Pākehā, but even I know that most of those are definitely not Tā Moko. I have many friends and even some family members who have Tā Moko. I'm pretty appalled to be honest, especially given the creator is Hawaiian and should know the importance of stamping out cultural appropriation when it comes to Polynesian (incl. Māori and Hawaiian) culture.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:16 AM
Merci
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 11:04 PM
awesome thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 3:43 PM
great thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:27 AM
Very cool! I wanted some tribal stuff for one of my rockers. Thanks a bunch
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:41 PM
Does this work without ambitions at a normal tattoo thing at the spa (base game)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 22nd May 2015 at 7:48 PM
nice tattoo, these are what i want. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 4:01 PM
thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 7:40 PM
They are amazing!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 3:07 PM
Amazing! Thank you! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 9:01 AM
omg i love these so much! ive always loved maori tats xD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 7:22 PM
OMG I LOVE THESE SOOOO MUCH. I'm playing shadow of the colossus next to sims 3 (on my ps3 not computer. Its not a computer game.) and it really reminds me of the style alot, which is great because shadow of the colosus is one of my all time favorite games!
Test Subject
#92 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yesenia
I am from New Zealand and for the most part Pâkehâ, but even I know that most of those are definitely not Tâ Moko. I have many friends and even some family members who have Tâ Moko. I'm pretty appalled to be honest, especially given the creator is Hawaiian and should know the importance of stamping out cultural appropriation when it comes to Polynesian (incl. Mâori and Hawaiian) culture.
I'd like to see you do better
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 7:14 PM
Kia Ora bro
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 11:24 AM
Tēna koe, cyclo. He Māori ahau. After years away from playing this game, I come back and find this treasure. I am impressed with the gravity and sensitivity with which you attempted to explain the complexities of my culture. Ngā mihi ki a koe. Your designs, though not technically correct, are acceptable to me because you posted that description-and your designs are more kirituhi, rather than Tā Moko, however, I appreciate the effort you've gone to represent a bit of who we are as a people.

Having played Second Life for years, I would sometimes get very annoyed when I saw horrible and incorrect rubbish tattoos sold in the stores there, and even when I contacted the creators and pointed out their designs had nothing to do with Māori, they still carried on selling. I hated that people were making money from selling incorrect designs, and labelling them "Māori". I appreciate that your work here is free-and though any Kiwi will take a look and recognise that your work is derivative and some designs are more contemporary in style, and not accurate, at least you went to the effort of posting a very good explanation of who we are, and our culture.

Btw, Dr Ngahuia Awekotuku is my old professor. Hehe, funny to see her name here on a Sims forum.

Go well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 5:38 PM
mind blowing tattoos!!!! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 12:38 PM
Nice work man! I would like one of these for real.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 1:14 AM
beatifull
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:52 PM
<3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 10:20 PM
I love this. I can't find any Samoan tattoos for my sims so this is fantastic to have
Page 4 of 4