1 people viewing
Replies: 510 (Who?), Viewed: 19555 times.
Page 12 of 21
Mad Poster
#276 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Talking of hair relaunches, were the black sims hairs any worse than the white sims hairs in the first place? They all looked pretty dire and plastic to me. Though I do agree that a wider range of natural african hair was needed, that could have been added without a complete rework that took months.

All of the hair could have been better it fit the art style. Black hair was problematic because it looked AWFUL at launch.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#277 Old 29th Oct 2021 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
I wonder if the Sims4 will have that long-term playability that Sims2 and Sims3 have.

no

(even when it's not a question)

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#278 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 5:24 AM
I popped my head in when I heard about scenarios. Looked it up and decided I'll become a hermit again lol. Nothing has changed and I don't see anything changing. I have bought no kits and don't plan to. I'd rather spend my money on items in the sims 3 store and that says a lot. Needless to say, I'm going to continue to play my outdated sims 2 and 3 as well as the new ACNH update that's dropping.
Alchemist
#279 Old 30th Oct 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mspigglypooh
I popped my head in when I heard about scenarios. Looked it up and decided I'll become a hermit again lol. Nothing has changed and I don't see anything changing. I have bought no kits and don't plan to. I'd rather spend my money on items in the sims 3 store and that says a lot. Needless to say, I'm going to continue to play my outdated sims 2 and 3 as well as the new ACNH update that's dropping.

As I posted in the other thread, my time is spent in CAW in 3 now. When Cottage Living drops to half price odds are I will get. But until then I probably will not even open 4. It does not hold my interest as 3 does.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#280 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 10:09 PM
Sims 4 update 11-2-2021:

Update 11/2/2021
PC: 1.81.72.1030 / Mac: 1.81.72.1230
Console: Version 1.49

Hello Simmers!

We hope this Game Update finds you well wherever you are in the World.

In this Season of Selves, I can’t help but to introspect. Maybe it is a byproduct of getting older and particularly hitting an age milestone this year, but I’m feeling like the turning of the seasons, the seasons in the sun… so to speak.

We have had an amazing year of content and the team is constantly in the works for new and interesting ways for you all to play the game as well as finding ways to give you more to play with, to play more with life.

In this update we are sharing with you two of the ways that we have thought about that have a pretty different approach to the way we had traditionally delivered non-paid content and features to you all. These two new features are the result of an iterative approach to our feature development as well with the promise of improvements and changes over time as part of that iterative approach to our non-paid content.

It was lovely to speak to you all from the Inside Maxis stream. I still think I should have burned some sage before the live show, but I’m glad you all had a good time!

Thank you again for all your continued support and feedback, we truly appreciate it.

Gracias Totales!

-SimGuruRusskii

What’s New?

Scenarios!
As you all saw, or heard from a friend, in our latest Inside Maxis we introduced Scenarios as a new way to play The Sims 4, and starting Today you will be able to experience it.

But what are Scenarios?

Scenarios are situations that will be available in-game where Simmers can choose to participate and work toward an outcome for their Sims. Now the fun part is that there are different outcomes per Scenario and that there are many ways to achieve those outcomes. This means that there is more than one way to complete one Scenario so you as Simmers have multiple options toward the outcome that you want.

Each Scenario has a theme but what happens in said Scenario is up to you as you work toward your desired outcome; you never know how the story will go but only your actions and time will tell. <evil laugh>

In Today’s update we have two Scenarios:

Making Money: Money, money, money, money, MOOONNEEEY! <ahem> This Scenario places your Sim in quite the predicament by having their bank account reset after they have moved in a Lot - yup zero Simoleons, nada - the difficulty could increase if your Sim chooses between Unfurnished and Furnished Lots, or if they bulldoze their space. To complete the Scenario you’ll have to earn your way to one million Simoleons. How you get to one million - it can be however you wish, just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. <wink>

Finding Love after a Break Up: Love hurts… love scars. This Scenario places your Sim right after they have broken up with their significant other. Your Sim’s task is to find love either by salvaging that relationship that broke apart, or finding new love with someone else. Which will your Sim choose? It's your Sim’s time to dream; which Sim will win their heart?

If you choose to partake in either one - or both - remember that in this initial list of Scenarios you will do so with a new Household. And don’t worry! These Households will stay with you after they complete each Scenario.

As SimGuruDuck said in our Inside Maxis, sometimes some Scenarios will be there for a limited time, and some will be updated and tweaked - some will be like a challenge, some may not - but in all we will add more over time and you can expect improvements and/or additions to this system over time as well! I’m looking forward to hearing from you and what your Sims are up to with these.

A Sims Delivery is coming your way in an update near you.

<Freezer Bunny jumps out of a gift box - “Ding Dong”>

With this update we are preparing our game to welcome a new system that will allow us to deliver content to the Base Game for all of you as a complementary, more spontaneous little sibling of our regular game updates. Join us in welcoming Sims Delivery Express!

Sims Delivery Express, or SDX for short, will be able to make Sims Deliveries without needing a full game update. But what does this mean? What kind of things are a Sims Delivery? What do you eat with it? Well, let me tell you:

A Sims Delivery can be a Create A Sim or a Build Mode asset.
A Sims Delivery can be small pockets of gameplay that don’t require a Base Game update to be accessible by you all.
A Sims Delivery can also be tiny, little fixes that don’t need a Base Game update to release.
A Sims Delivery is always Free.

All this to say that even though some of you - I see you super tech savvy Simmers - will see through today’s update files that Sims Delivery is in existence, this feature will be available for you at a later date. A note for Console players, make sure you have linked your account to EA through the game so that you can be ready to receive Sims Deliveries when they are available; for more information on how to do so, I’ve got you - you can read about it here.

Stay tuned for a future update where I can share more details and facts about Sims Delivery Express.

Do you like Plants?

I like plants, and we like plants. Are you a proud Plant Parent? So are we! Well... some of us are anyway <looks at her dead plants a bit embarrassed.> In this update we’ve made some adjustments on the backend for decorative plants across the Base Game and Packs adding an environment score and a more appropriate price in Build Mode to match their fictional rareness or worth. This change goes hand in hand with a small change to the text related to Environment Gain/Loss in Build Mode assets that display it to be more appropriate with the true intent of that score. Instead of Minor Environment Gain/Loss, it is now called Lot Environment Gain/Loss.

We are hoping this change makes a difference for all of you!

Bug Fixes

The Sims 4

We fixed an issue that made Toddlers walk with animations that were not quite fitting for a Toddler. I don’t know about you all, but if my Toddler in game looked like they had a lot of coffee, I would be concerned - and this is coming from the caffeine queen herself. Luckily we were able to solve this issue and they should walk properly now.
Noticed the Bonsai Tree was a little… text averse? We did too - we made sure the Bonsai was properly potted and trimmed which solved its text attachment issues, so now its text should be displayed properly in Build Mode.
Speaking about text averse, some of the variants for the Mega Stacked Stone wall texture have been fixed in Build Mode as well to display proper text.

Spa Day

Over the years, Yoga practices have incorporated a number of equipment choices such as super comfy and hypoallergenic mats, yoga socks, sweat-proof technology clothing and towels, you name it… but what is never OK is practicing Yoga with shoes on. Sims should no longer be practicing Yoga with shoes on, as if.

Industrial Loft

The “I Took a Welding Class Once” Double Bed has been adjusted to show Stress and Comfort values as well as a reduced price. I mean, I took a welding class once, but I’m not quite in luxury status yet.
Mad Poster
#281 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 10:40 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 3rd Nov 2021 at 12:34 AM.
So... EA patched the new window into the game, but it's in debug. It's shares the exact same colors with the windows from Moschino stuff.

Mad Poster
#282 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
As I posted in the other thread, my time is spent in CAW in 3 now. When Cottage Living drops to half price odds are I will get. But until then I probably will not even open 4. It does not hold my interest as 3 does.

Honestly the only thing keeping me from going back to TS3 is the fact it doesn't even run very well on my new laptop. I was hoping there'd be some change in performance between my older and newer one like there was for TS4 (MASSIVE change, actually. I didn't realize just how bad TS4 ran on my old laptop until I got a new one), but no dice.

That and...I just really love TS4's CAS. TS3 has it beat in just about every other way, but I've always found its CAS to be really good

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#283 Old 2nd Nov 2021 at 11:44 PM
How is this "Sims Delivery Express" supposed to work?
Mad Poster
#284 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 12:35 AM
Having fun with the new window after semi-successfully modding it in.

As you can see, it doesn't align with the window, but I'll live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG

When the game launches, if something is ready to be delivered, the game will install it automatically.
Screenshots

Alchemist
#285 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

GEEZ Louise! I love the windows from Supernatural in 3 that UM.... do line up correctly.
Mad Poster
#286 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
GEEZ Louise! I love the windows from Supernatural in 3 that UM.... do line up correctly.

I miss these windows in 4 every day of my life.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#287 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 2:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Having fun with the new window after semi-successfully modding it in.

Wait, wut? You had to cheat this window into place?
Mad Poster
#288 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 5:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusannaG

My guess is that it's a way to allow smaller bits of content to be 'delivered' without having to go through the patch approval process, which can take time and is more cumbersome.
Forum Resident
#289 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
My guess is that it's a way to allow smaller bits of content to be 'delivered' without having to go through the patch approval process, which can take time and is more cumbersome.

It is. The FAQ mentions that it's specifically so they don't have to do a full game update when they just want to add a new hair or something like that.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#290 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 9:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Wait, wut? You had to cheat this window into place?

The window exists in the game's files but isn't complete. I assume it's hidden until they've fully tested it? That, or it will be added with the new delivery system and they'll just repair the files later.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#291 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 10:23 PM
Sims 4 stated to be offline Nov 3rd 2021 starting at 10:30am PT / 5:30pm UTC, The Sims 4 will be offline for maintenance. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...d-2021/p1?new=1
Lab Assistant
#292 Old 3rd Nov 2021 at 11:58 PM
The new limited time toddler scenario is giving me major mobile game vibes. Like, legit flashbacks to when I was hooked on the Sims Freeplay ages ago. This slope is getting kinda slippery...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#293 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 12:05 PM

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1456645005939023881

Is anybody planning on watching this? If Simmer Erin didn't make a video about it, I wouldn't have known about it.

I won't be watching; my yard looks like a bomb hit it. A snow-less Nor'Easter blew through my neck of the woods about a week ago and made a mess of my fence line. We need to clean up the broken bits and figure out what we want to do for temporary fencing to hold us over for the winter. I can't get 'real' fencing right now even if I wanted to because shenanigans.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 4:58 PM
November 6, 10 am in PST is November 7,1:00 am in Taipei Time. I won't get up just for this streaming.
By the way, I miss SimCity.

Taiwan Soul!
Top Secret Researcher
#295 Old 6th Nov 2021 at 11:34 PM
I knew about extralife but because a streamer I watch always does it (he only plays the Sims occasionally). I had no idea Maxis was getting involved.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#296 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:56 PM
Simmer Erin put out a video stating that a EP is coming. She made this declaration based on something that happened with the Maxis stream over the weekend. While team members from Maxis were playing Jack box , some random person showed up declaring that they were the lead designer of this 'new' EP.

The audio clip was cut right after this mysterious person made this announcement. Me thinks some context / and or a reaction from those that were playing would have been nice. I did watch bits of the stream. As far as I can tell, everybody was mum about upcoming content and only talked about what has already been released. There was no chatter about upcoming anything,

Do you believe the mystery person or nah?

https://youtu.be/yffdhwPzccY?t=86
Top Secret Researcher
#297 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 7:27 PM
It's interesting that they chose to stream Sims Medieval as well..

I know it's unlikely, and I know TSM was even more limited than TS4....but....could that mean a sequel could be in the works?

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#298 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
It's interesting that they chose to stream Sims Medieval as well..

I know it's unlikely, and I know TSM was even more limited than TS4....but....could that mean a sequel could be in the works?

Will that mean we will finally get musical thrones?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#299 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 10:45 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 17th Nov 2021 at 11:01 AM.
The so-called "Laundry List" has returned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6os2bi1U2gg

"High value entries loose at the fair over ones"

What is this supposed to mean? I'm guessing this is supposed to say lose, not loose. Now would be a good time to pitch a joke about Maxis and diarrhea, but there is a better place for that.

Yamachan continues to keep his title of Arsonist.

Game creating empty households / creates lag.

Deja-vu from the Father Winter's beard SNAFU that took down / destroyed many saves across all platforms.

As a side note, does this mean when TS4 is no longer in production, the big brains of Maxis are going to whip out a statement about how TS4 should not be played with all packs ( don't forget the gobs of kits that are sold presently and the many to come..) like they did with TS3? Will they be so fickle that they will shit on their own work for one game and not another? This is the question as we keep being told that TS4 doesn't have any issues with lag and yet, lag problems keep rearing their little heads.

According to Maxis, TS4 can't have CAST because it will cause lag. TS4 can't have {insert long list of other things here} because it will cause lag, but yet, lag is a problem. Funny how this story is turning out, kind of like the rabbithole thing. There was lots of gum-flapping about how TS4 wasn't going to have rabbitholes and yet TS4 is loaded with the frickin' things.

Maxis should add the game "Whack - A - Mole to TS4 to represent this "TS4 doesn't have lag" issue. They wouldn't have to spell it out why the game was added, that would be honest; we can't have any of that. I'm sure they could come up with some item description that would better suit the TS4 purchasing masses.

.... "we'll continue to work on improving our transparency...." <---- I said there was a better place for a diarrhea joke, there it is.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#300 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 10:13 PM
I will consider getting Snowy Escape when they fix Yamachan, serial arsonist. I do not expect to purchase it any time soon.
Page 12 of 21