Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum - With *Custom Sounds!* - UPD 04sept2007

by Numenor Posted 26th Jun 2007 at 4:43 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 5:52 PM by -Maylin-

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 164 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:20 AM
Oh, WHOA. So downloading this. Wish the maker of the C-64 object had been this detailed. XD

I only played on a C-64 as a gaming system, so, the Sinclair is a "Huh? Old computer? OOH SHINY ME WANT!" XD This'll be fun to make my sims mess with!
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:39 AM
I still have my commodore 64, but i didn't have a Sinclair.. Now, in a strange way I get one Many thanks!
Forum Resident
#53 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 4:19 AM
Thank you for this super object and taking the time to make it!! Now, of course, I hope you'll come up with some other oldtimers, too! Thanks again!
hexameter

PS. I know you are a very busy man, but maybe you want to have a look at this:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235268
Test Subject
#54 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 5:52 AM
This is so cool! Thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#55 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:08 AM
thanks, it's awesome.

here's a little idea: how about adding an option to write base programs like e-mail agent (for e-mails), office (for term papers), etc to enable some standard pc functions?
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:07 AM
Thanks for sharing this great item Numenor!
Alchemist
#57 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:26 AM
I can´t wait to play with it, but first I have to go to work..... mmmhh, do I?
I´ll call and say I´m ill, my sims do that also a lot, so Thanks for this new toy!!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:35 AM
My older brother used to have one. He alowed me to play sometimes. My favorite game was called "Chucky Egg". It was a little hen that collected eggs. My brother made his first programms on the ZX Spectrum. He now works as a computer engineer.

Thanks for bringing back memories, you made my day! And thanks for yet another high quality domnload.
Not actually evil.
#59 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 7:36 AM
I love it! It takes me back to the days of Commodore 64. I'm not saying it was better, so please don't ban me. Thank you so much for making this!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hexameter
I know you are a very busy man, but maybe you want to have a look at this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235268

Oh, posted on June 10th! That's why I didn't find anything when working on the ZX Spectrum
A nice tutorial indeed, thank you for the heads up. I've put a link on the main post
I still will write an InfoCenter article, though, because those articles are not exactly tutorials, but rather something that help people understanding the logic underlying a modding method. And of course I'll add info about the other way of calling the custom sounds within a BHAV, i.e. using the "Start/Stop Sound" OpCode (as opposed to the method used in your tutorial, that involves the ANIM files and the "Animate Object" OpCode).

Quote: Originally posted by kotekzot
Here's a little idea: how about adding an option to write base programs like e-mail agent (for e-mails), office (for term papers), etc to enable some standard pc functions?

Back at the times of the ZX Spectrum, the Internet was still "reserved" to few people, it was not like today; we didn't even know of the existence of email and internet connection
As for the term papers, well, technically a ZX could be used to write one; but the official ZX Printer (basically the only one used) was a small thermal printer whose output looked much like a roll of toilet paper: not very suitable to be presented to a professor as a term paper!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 9:22 AM
This has got to be the best thing i've ever seen for sims!!! Hats off to you sir! I LOVED the Spectrum! Thank you!

=^.^= Treacherous Kitten =^.^=

*Life is like a box of chocolates, sometimes it's squidgy & sometimes it's nuts, most of the time it's nuts*
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 10:40 AM
*Cough* doesnt the tardis on MTS2 have custom sounds?
Scholar
#63 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 10:47 AM
Wow! This is great... Unfortunately, The Sims 2 minimized right now. I'll download it once I quit The Sims 2. Thank you!
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:02 AM
Very nice job! THanks! Long live the 80's!!!
Instructor
#65 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
This one took me a very long time... :P

All your hard work has payed off. You're an inspiration to us all!

Anybody who can make a Yoon Eun Hye Sim?
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 12:42 PM
Fantastic, brings back many memories!
:smile:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blacksmith2
*Cough* doesnt the tardis on MTS2 have custom sounds?

Sure, the T.A.R.D.I.S. has custom sounds, though it was posted a week ago, while I started working on the ZX back in April, so I couldn't know of it.
But I know that some other objects with custom sounds have already been created, I've never stated the contrary.
For example, I know of a Magical Keumungo created by FlyBy back in April 2005 (it's not a typo, really 2005!); and there is a laser sword, released in May 2005 by Shaklin, that also uses custom sounds. Probably there are more objects with custom sounds...
I just didn't know how to embed custom sounds in an objects because no one posted a tutorial about that, so I had to figure out by myself.

Now, by the way, there is the tutorial by Hexameter/Shaklin, mentioned above (posted in these last days) that can help people building their own objects with custom sounds.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 2:52 PM
This is just too awesome...so creative!

And thanks for posting the ad for it...it's a pretty interesting read.
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:31 PM
Thanks againg, sound fun I must get my sims to play it....
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
a small thermal printer whose output looked much like a roll of toilet paper: not very suitable to be presented to a professor as a term paper!

That depends entirely on the subject of the term paper!!

This is a beautiful piece of work (as always) so here's a red dwarf quote to celebrate (sorry if you're not familiar with the show, but it's one of my faves) From the episode "Stasis Leak"

Holly: I was in love once. A Sinclair ZX81. People said, no, Holly, she's not for you. She's cheap, she's stupid and she wouldn't load, well, not for me anyway.
Lister: What are you trying to say, Hol?
Holly: What I'm saying, Dave is, it's better to have loved and lost than to listen to an album by Olivia Newton-John.
The Cat: Why's that?
Holly: Anything's better than to listen to an album by Olivia Newton-John.
Instructor
#71 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:24 PM
Great, I can have my Sims playing Rockstar Ate My Hamster. Fantastic!!!! :D

I loved my ZX Spectrum, classic :D
Field Researcher
#72 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 6:33 PM
The C64 ruled You didn't just play on it either, there were "office" type programs for it too... although the tapes were just as unreliable

This does bring back some happy memories though, thanks! :D

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#73 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 8:02 PM
Oh YESSSSSSSS ! )))))) Thank's a lot, realy. That was my second computer (my very first was the famous "QL").
It's so good to see it again. one more time >>>>> thank's a lot Numenor
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 9:09 PM
Hi!
It's amazing! Thank you very much for creating and sharing this fantastic objects here at MTS2!
Regards,
Vin
Test Subject
#75 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 11:27 PM
>WARNING: the first one who claims that the Commodore 64 was better
will be immediately banned

So there are still some deep thinking and understanding people alive! :-) The Sinclair Spectrum was really something that made history! Does anyone remember the game AR - Alternate Reality? My youngest son was anno dazumal about 9-10 years old, and I wrote some astonishing games for him... Those were the days!

Thank you, Numenor!
Page 3 of 7