Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sinclair ZX Spectrum - With *Custom Sounds!* - UPD 04sept2007

by Numenor Posted 26th Jun 2007 at 4:43 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 5:52 PM by -Maylin-

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 164 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 1:12 AM
I'm so having this, what a fantastic idea! The work you must have put into this is staggering. First machine I ever played on was one of these, ahhh, the memories.

Make a C64 now please...dan dare...ghostbusters...batman the movie...turrican...NURSE! come quickly, I've made a mess!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 1:15 AM
48K RAM. I think if I brought "The Sims 2" within 10 feet of it, it would melt. Ironic. Great work!
Test Subject
#78 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 7:47 AM
never got to have one at home but did programing in school on them. Awesome as usual!!!!!

Klarra
Inventor
#79 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 1:54 AM
I think I'm a little too young to actually remember this, but gosh, I can just imagine how long it took you to make this and all the work that went into it. I would never even attempt to make anything like this because I know it'll come out bad, but your stuff always comes out so well. I bow to you.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:22 AM
WOW!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Cant wait to play with it..
Mad Poster
#81 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:16 AM
You have taught me a valuable lesson: be careful when downloading stuff at 4 AM in the morning. I laughed so hard that I nearly woke the family up!

And I have to confess that I'm old enough to remember those games.

If it were possible to give triple thanks, I would. Thank you for possibly one of the FUNNIEST downloads I've ever downloaded!
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 10:39 AM
I never thought so many people here would remember this Sinclair computer. But I also do, although I never owned one (I had a Commodore 64 - sorry!).
Thanks for your great work, Numenor! I am sure me and my Sims will have lots of fun with it.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 3:28 AM
Wow, this is great!
Mad Poster
#84 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 4:03 AM
Ohhhhhhh, my computer looks so outdated now.

That's pretty sad, isn't it? :P

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 2:40 PM
thanks! this is great. the sound effects are amazing. and the first time one of my sims tried to use it, he got a tape loading error. did he ever complain and wave his arms about... :P

one of my sims brought Peter Ottomas home from work one day, he was still playing ghostbusters at 2 a.m.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 2:41 PM
well, you never cease to amaze us with over-the-top creations! not just another maxis computer with a different shape, but a real, function-specific program-writing sinclair zx... great job!

i build houses! that would sound much more important if they were real houses...
Instructor
#87 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 4:08 PM
Numenor this totally rocks!!!!!!! very nice! as all of your creations are
Thanks a lot ModFather :D
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 9:46 AM Last edited by Blacksmith2 : 6th Jul 2007 at 9:52 AM. Reason: grammar
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Sure, the T.A.R.D.I.S. has custom sounds, though it was posted a week ago, while I started working on the ZX back in April, so I couldn't know of it.
But I know that some other objects with custom sounds have already been created, I've never stated the contrary.
For example, I know of a Magical Keumungo created by FlyBy back in April 2005 (it's not a typo, really 2005!); and there is a laser sword, released in May 2005 by Shaklin, that also uses custom sounds. Probably there are more objects with custom sounds...
I just didn't know how to embed custom sounds in an objects because no one posted a tutorial about that, so I had to figure out by myself.

Now, by the way, there is the tutorial by Hexameter/Shaklin, mentioned above (posted in these last days) that can help people building their own objects with custom sounds.

tardis was posted a week ago last year. ''Posted 18th Jun 2006 at 04:26 PM''.
plus you origanally claimed this computer was the only object with custom sound, i see you have changed that message.p.s i currently havenot managed to view your new creation, since i have been having CC problems and now my game is acting up see here
hopefully this computer isnt the problem. , gosh with this edit summary stuff i feel like this is wikipedia, i hope no one jumps on me for mot saying why i edited this post before.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 1:14 PM
Numenor your a legand.I have to say i love all your stuff.Thank you so very much for all your hard work and for sharing.:D
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 4:57 PM
The first computer I owned was an Apple II+, which IIRC came with 48K of memory. It had a disk drive, fortunately (although it also had the capability to hook up a cassette player as a tape drive). So I'm neutral in the C-64/Sinclair debate.

The first computer I ever wrote a program for, however, was made by Facit (a typewriter company). It had 1 K of memory. Yes, One K. Programmed in machine code, of course. I think I took all semester to get it to print out "Hello, Eric," lol.

Beautiful object. My Sims are going to love it.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blacksmith2
tardis was posted a week ago last year. ''Posted 18th Jun 2006 at 04:26 PM''.

LOL! This proves how inattentive I am Thanks for the specification

Quote:
plus you origanally claimed this computer was the only object with custom sound, i see you have changed that message.

Did I? No, I don't remember to have claimed this... I realized that there where other objects with custom sounds when the ZX was almost ready, but anyway before posting the ZX; I'd never purposely claimed something I knew was false... I edited the post the day after posting because of some typos.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 11:17 PM
hmm, maybe i read it wrong,
#93 Old 10th Jul 2007 at 1:44 AM
Best creation to date! hands down!!!!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 3:34 PM
Hey Numenor awesome computer....downloadin it now...*downloads computer*

Oh by the way did u get my PM
Test Subject
#95 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 12:04 AM
WOW! This brought back so many fond memories, so many chewed tapes.
Thank you for one of the most brilliant objects I've seen.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 1:40 AM
First time I tried this, in Chester Gieke's house no less (who else? LOL) his lady friend came over and was doing a program till 4 in the morning...then the next morning I had her come back and complete what she was doing... he got money from the program but she got even more money... thanks a lot for this!

BTW -- I owned a Commodore 64 for about 6 months...
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 27th Jul 2007 at 3:58 AM
This is splendid. I have not watched the real thing.
However, this work is amiable with nostalgia.
It is precise in mesh and texture, other all. I respect you.
It is a grab for my heart. Finally I will thank for my SIM!
Test Subject
#98 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:48 PM
SWEET JESUS!
Please tell me it comes with Jet Set Willy already installed...
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:33 PM
Wow, you truely are a master of all things technical. This thing has more features than the pc. Why not incorporate these features into a modern style pc for the sims. The sim does lack a high end flat screened pc(hint hint!). Nice job
Test Subject
#100 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 11:31 AM
is this simlish?
just wondering ^^ hehe...
Page 4 of 7