Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mutated Hair/Eye Colour

by KittyCarey Posted 25th Nov 2012 at 2:22 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2014 at 12:43 PM by KittyCarey

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 12:47 AM
Anyone know if this is compatible with 1.48?
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Feb 2013 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zessinna
Anyone know if this is compatible with 1.48?

I was wondering this as well. Has anyone tested this out on 1.48?
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:26 PM
Would also like to know if this mod is compatible with 1.48 update.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 9:11 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! Now I may actually make it through my PGC without getting crazy every time a get a kid with the complete wrong colors!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:54 AM
Is this mod compatible with patch 1.50?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 11:25 PM
I really hope that it is patched for 1.50. This is an awesome mod that I sooo have wanted in my game for ages now.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CherryBerry22
I really hope that it is patched for 1.50. This is an awesome mod that I sooo have wanted in my game for ages now.

Sorry I've been slow to patch and check - I've been away and not had access to my gaming computer. It's compatible with no changes - this file hasn't been altered by the patch.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:48 PM
I don't normally do more than press the thank button for a mod I like but just had to say this has got to be one of my favorite mods! It bugged me to no end when my sims would have kids with hair/eye colors I couldn't explain in my legacies, and this mod is a god-send! Thank you! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 1:46 PM
will it work with uni
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:48 PM
thank you so much i was really annoyed when two of my sims one a blonde and the other a brunette had this child with greenish like hair
Instructor
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 11:01 PM
Does this work in CAS? Cause i do like to create parents and then use the baby button to try and get a baby from them.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd May 2013 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
Does this work in CAS? Cause i do like to create parents and then use the baby button to try and get a baby from them.

As far as I know, that button in CAS never produces 'mutant' children - they only appear in game. Certainly that's my experience. I don't know enough about how to look at the details of the code and work out what it's using I'm afraid.

And whoever asked about uni - yes, it should be compatible. I don't have uni, but the game core is updated with the patches so anything that works with the base game for the uni patch (i.e 1.50 which this is compatible with) will work with all EPs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:30 AM
This is a excelent idea, than you so much! Gracias!
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:05 PM
Is this updated for 1.55?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 24th Jun 2013 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MsNikas
Is this updated for 1.55?

I haven't updated yet, so I don't know for certain. I expect it is but I can't confirm until I update, which won't be for another couple of days I'm afraid - when I have time to play again.

Try adding it and see if you get any problems.
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 5:06 PM
doesn't make a difference to my game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 8:04 PM
thanks a bunch! I really needed this. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 16th Sep 2013 at 10:25 PM
THANK YOU for this!! I've been getting so annoyed that two Sims who have either black or red hair have been having brunette and blonde babies... this should surely fix it. I'm so happy I found this!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 3:46 AM
Will this be updated for the patch 1.57?

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#45 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edorenel
Will this be updated for the patch 1.57?

Sorry, I forgot to write up compatibility. It should work with 1.57 as it is - there haven't been any changes to the file.
THANKS POST
#46 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
Thank you for this, good for realism. Hope it works with 1.55 :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 1:01 AM
This should work with the new patch (1.63) as I've seen a list of XML changes that doesn't include the one this is based on, but I haven't patched yet so I can't say for certain.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 10:35 AM
Does this change all the present mutations or will it only work on newborn after adding mod?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by creve321
Does this change all the present mutations or will it only work on newborn after adding mod?

It only works on newborns: sims that already exist have set hair and eye colours and this mod won't change that.
Test Subject
#50 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:53 AM
Hm, just wondering, does this make it so that the Sims can't inherit a mix of the mom and dad's hair color. I currently have a two Sims, one with blond hair and the other with reddish-brown, and the child ended up with a hair color that falls somewhere between those. Would this mod prevent that from happening anymore and only allow either strictly the mom's hair color or the dad's? Thanks!
Page 2 of 3