Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mission State University - no CC.

by aelflaed Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 12:19 AM - Updated 20th Mar 2019 at 8:42 PM by aelflaed

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:34 AM
I don't know which file to download (for the first time) "AE-CollegeCorner sc4.7z" or "UMAE-Final-FolderNameFixed.7z"
Alchemist
Original Poster
#52 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 10:53 AM
College Corner.sc4 is just the map, undecorated and empty. UMAE is the full Subhood, so if you want the whole university, that’s the one.

The sc4 file is not needed to play the university. It is included as a bonus, since I made it myself, and someone was bound to ask for it sooner or later. If you like my terrain and road layout, you can use the sc4 to build your own custom neighbourhood.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#53 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 1:27 PM
This is fantastic. Great attention to detail, and so well thought out. I need a new university, and really didn't want to start any new projects. Perfect timing.
Test Subject
#54 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 7:36 PM
I've been playing this uni for a few days, and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that the Faculty of sciences building crashes my game while on the loading screen. I'm fine with not playing that lot, but thought that you should know in case anyone else has the same problem
Alchemist
Original Poster
#55 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:11 PM
@Morbidmuch, no one else has reported that so far. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't know what the problem could be, as there is no CC. Do you have all EPs and SPs? Did the crash happen more than once?
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
@Morbidmuch, no one else has reported that so far. Thanks for letting me know.

I don't know what the problem could be, as there is no CC. Do you have all EPs and SPs? Did the crash happen more than once?

I have the ultimate collection, and it crashes everytime I try to load it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#57 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morbidmuch
I have the ultimate collection, and it crashes everytime I try to load it.

So do I, and I have had no trouble. Well, I wouldn't, would I? So UC is not the issue.

General shout to anyone looking - is this a general problem, or something specific to Morbidmuch? Anyone else seeing this crash? Anyone got any suggestions?

My functional time for today has been used up, so my brain is full of fog... Maybe something will occur to me later.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 10:50 PM
This is such a lovely little university, and thank you for including the sc4 because I know I will be adding some roads to the university eventually (as the town grows). I can't wait to play in university again :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#59 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:33 PM
Looks like a nice compact Uni, and very playable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 8:03 AM
Where am I to find 'University Life/EP1/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplates'?

This is the first neighborhood I've installed, and I'm not sure how to do it in Win 10.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 6:37 PM
Yeah, @aelflaed I must be doing something wrong... I'm in '\steamapps\common\The Sims 3' and I'm seeing the EP1-EP11 and SP1-SP9, as well as 'Game' and 'GameData' but after searching the root /The Sims 3' folder, I'm not seeing 'NeighborhoodTemplates' anywhere.

Is there a different way of installing if the game is through Steam? I really can't wait to start trying this hood out!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UncleDuckjob
Yeah, @aelflaed I must be doing something wrong... I'm in '\steamapps\common\The Sims 3' and I'm seeing the EP1-EP11 and SP1-SP9, as well as 'Game' and 'GameData' but after searching the root /The Sims 3' folder, I'm not seeing 'NeighborhoodTemplates' anywhere.

Is there a different way of installing if the game is through Steam? I really can't wait to start trying this hood out!

This is a Sims 2 download, and it looks to me like you are trying to install it in Sims 3. If so, it isn't going to work, sorry.

If that's not the case, let me know and I will troubleshoot further. I'm glad you liked it enough to try for your first hood install, anyway.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:17 PM
Oh son of a... I thought I had it set to only show Sims 3 content.

Man, bummer... I really would love this in my game. I hate how far apart and poorly laid out the Sims 3 Uni is.

Oh well, still going to say thanks for all your hard work! You did an amazing job and you should be proud of yourself.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 5:31 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it work for you!
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 6:45 PM
This looks AMAZING. Can we dumb it down for an utter simpleton, though? :oD I am on a Mac. I do not have a "university life" option in my neighbourhoods. Where do I put it? Also, do I just dump the whole kit and caboodle as is, or do I have to change anything, even though it's been "fixed"?

Halp?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#66 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Desmei
This looks AMAZING. Can we dumb it down for an utter simpleton, though? :oD I am on a Mac. I do not have a "university life" option in my neighbourhoods. Where do I put it? Also, do I just dump the whole kit and caboodle as is, or do I have to change anything, even though it's been "fixed"?

Halp?

I’ll try.

The file is stand-alone, nothing should need altering except to unzip and put it where your game can find it.
I am not familiar with Macs, so perhaps the file path is different? Also, my file path is for a UC installation, if you are working from discs it will be somewhat different.
I believe Mac users don’t get access to all the EPs and SPs. Do you have University in your game at all? Assuming you do, but checking in case the problem is that fundamental...
Test Subject
#67 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 8:42 PM
I am going off of discs, and I do have University.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#68 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Desmei
I am going off of discs, and I do have University.

Okay, that’s a bit more info. The hood was made using the Ultimate Collection, which means a full set of EPs. If you don’t have the full set, the file may not work for you. Or it may work, with some items missing from lots.
A disc installation will have a different file path. It shouldn’t be too hard to discover what that should be...race you to find out?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#69 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:45 AM
@Desmei, have a look at this thread, it may help you find where your install path is: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...979#post4874979

If that doesn’t help, I suggest asking in the Sims2 discussion forum. There will be other Mac users who understand! Either the help section or the random questions, I suggest.
Test Subject
#70 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 2:01 AM
LOL Thanks for your hard work. I do not have the UC, so it wouldn't work for me anyway. Again, I appreciate you going the extra mile. I've been using a tiny house of yours for YEARS.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#71 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 10:12 AM
You’re welcome, sorry it was not solvable. I’m a bit sad that I can’t create houses anymore without high-level EPs, but that’s the way it is with the UC. All or nothing. And since I can’t use my discs anymore, UC if has to be!
Hope that old house of mine stands you in good stead for many years yet.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Sep 2019 at 8:54 PM
this uni looks absolutely gorgeous. however i cant get it to show up in game. i have UC, i put it in the correct folder, but when i want to add it to a neighbourhood it doesnt show up in the list of available unis. im not sure what ive done wrong
Alchemist
Original Poster
#73 Old 18th Oct 2019 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by julee92
this uni looks absolutely gorgeous. however i cant get it to show up in game.

Hi julee, sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks. Did you resolve this?
Test Subject
#74 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 10:13 AM
I have the same problem as julee, uni doesnt show up in the game. its in the correct folder and I dont know whats wrong. Hope you can help me because it looks great.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Logina
I have the same problem as julee, uni doesnt show up in the game. its in the correct folder and I dont know whats wrong. Hope you can help me because it looks great.

@Logina, just to make sure, are you installing the map file or the UMAE file? If you are putting the College Corner map into your game, it won't show up as an available Uni because it is just the sc4, not the subhood.

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what could be the issue. Doublechecking - you do have Ultimate Collection? Assuming so, and that you are certain the file is installed in the right place, maybe clearing your caches might help.

I haven't been checking here regularly of late, but will make sure to drop by more often for a while in case we can troubleshoot this some more.
Page 3 of 5