Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mission State University - no CC.

by aelflaed Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 12:19 AM - Updated 20th Mar 2019 at 8:42 PM by aelflaed

102 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 1:17 AM
The uni loads and plays fine except for the Faculty of science. It crashes every single time I try to load it. I've open and remodeled other lots in the uni just fine. From neighborhood view, I see the front of the building has what looks like a 5 tile arch. I don't have anything that wide in game. Is it a wall building trick?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 4:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RockStarDrunk
The uni loads and plays fine except for the Faculty of science. It crashes every single time I try to load it. I've open and remodeled other lots in the uni just fine. From neighborhood view, I see the front of the building has what looks like a 5 tile arch. I don't have anything that wide in game. Is it a wall building trick?

@RockStarDrunk Someone else had trouble with that building, I think, and we couldn't find a fix. They were able to use the rest of the uni just fine. The Science building does have a wide arch built using CFE, although I don't think that should cause any issues.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 7:52 AM
Default Solved?
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
@RockStarDrunk Someone else had trouble with that building, I think, and we couldn't find a fix. They were able to use the rest of the uni just fine. The Science building does have a wide arch built using CFE, although I don't think that should cause any issues.

I realized that I couldn't pick and place the Surgical Training Station found in the Hobby section. I ran the Conflict Detector and came up empty.

I narrowed it down to two sets of hacks: community skilling and buyable Career rewards. My comm skilling file somehow updated last year so I replaced it with the original found here that's for AL. I have the buyable career rewards from Sophie David and also replaced her package. I moved the lot to a clean hood and tested it there. It worked! I put it back in MU and it loads now though I can't delete the training station as I have no other way to get it back.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RockStarDrunk
I realized that I couldn't pick and place the Surgical Training Station found in the Hobby section. I ran the Conflict Detector and came up empty.

I narrowed it down to two sets of hacks: community skilling and buyable Career rewards. My comm skilling file somehow updated last year so I replaced it with the original found here that's for AL. I have the buyable career rewards from Sophie David and also replaced her package. I moved the lot to a clean hood and tested it there. It worked! I put it back in MU and it loads now though I can't delete the training station as I have no other way to get it back.

If you have the buyable rewards mod, can't you place a new training station if you want? I must be misunderstanding something.
For the sake of comparison, my community lot skilling mod is also Pescado's, dated 21/10/2008.

Anyway, I'm really glad you were able to resolve the lot loading problem, and that you documented your fix here. The next person with the same problem may well be glad of your post.
Hope you enjoy sending your sims to Mission U!
Test Subject
#80 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 12:19 AM
@Logina, just to make sure, are you installing the map file or the UMAE file? If you are putting the College Corner map into your game, it won't show up as an available Uni because it is just the sc4, not the subhood.

If that's not the problem, I'm not sure what could be the issue. Doublechecking - you do have Ultimate Collection? Assuming so, and that you are certain the file is installed in the right place, maybe clearing your caches might help.

I haven't been checking here regularly of late, but will make sure to drop by more often for a while in case we can troubleshoot this some more.

I had put it in the wrong folder. So everything is working fine now. Thanks for answering me!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#81 Old 4th Dec 2019 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Logina
I had put it in the wrong folder. So everything is working fine now. Thanks for answering me!

That's great to know, thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 11:29 PM
I loaded this awhile back but just now got around to playing it. Wow! Great job! I love all the builds and I don't seem to have any problems with any lot. I've visited them all from within the game. I adore the single and double studio units for students to live in. What a great idea! Thanks for all the hard work on this University.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 3:09 AM
I love this university and have used it in a couple hoods, but I'm having an issue where, only on community lots, a 'duplicate' of a dormie is almost always showing up. I've checked in PE and the game isn't creating a separate character file for them, but I'm still worried this could bork things. This hasn't happened with any of the Maxis unis, and I've never had another custom uni in my game.
Test Subject
#84 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 4:34 AM Last edited by cherbear : 19th Apr 2020 at 8:54 PM.
It took me about two business days to install it correctly, but hey, I finally did it, hahaha.
I can't wait to play with it.

-@maiaorozco
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 8th Aug 2020 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Logina
I have the same problem as julee, uni doesnt show up in the game. its in the correct folder and I dont know whats wrong. Hope you can help me because it looks great.

i dont think i put it in the correct folder, i think i placed it in the untouched neighborhood template folder. just a few days ago i reset my neighborhoods and now MissionU shows up it the uni selection

(also sorry for not reacting to op's comment, i didnt get a notification)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 26th Aug 2020 at 11:09 PM
I also have the crashing on the science building issue, and I haven't been able to fix it, but it's still a very beautiful hood! Thank you for your hard work. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#87 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 10:00 PM
@Oinosaki, sorry you haven't been able to fix the science building. Hope everything else is working well!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Mad Poster
#88 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 4:09 AM
Thanks for saring this and for sharing the terrain since I can build my own campus when the time comes to add one and even build my own dorms.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#89 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 11:39 AM
I added this uni hood to my main hood.
You did a great job.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#90 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 1:49 PM
Amazing
I adore this uni!!however, for whatever reason, the dorms are what crash the application for me.
Aside from not being able to enjoy the absolutely gorgeous Balcony Dorm, I had to replace them with some others that I found here...
Otherwise, every other lot worked perfectly.

THANK YOU!!!
I will never again have to suffer through Sim State or the Academie again!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#91 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 9:19 AM
I’m sorry the dorms aren’t working for you. I can’t imagine why that would be. I’m so glad the rest is fine for you though.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#92 Old 6th May 2021 at 5:31 AM
This looks really nice and I like the size. I'm going to try using it in my Build a City Challenge.
Thank you I enjoy all your builds!
Test Subject
#93 Old 16th May 2021 at 2:50 AM
Default Can't get UMAE to show up
I installed it as instructed, but it's not showing up in my game at all. (I have even tried a fresh install of the game, free of any CC.) What else can I do? I was so looking forward to sending my Sims to college again with this beautiful new college town!
Thanks for any help you can give me...

Please see my screenshot below with the folder path:

Alchemist
Original Poster
#94 Old 20th May 2021 at 12:59 AM
@samthecleanfreak
Quote: Originally posted by samthecleanfreak
I installed it as instructed, but it's not showing up in my game at all. (...)
Please see my screenshot below with the folder path:]

Something is very weird there. You shouldn't have all those suburbs listed - your game seems to have installed UMAE as a full neighbourhood rather than a subhood. The file size is also wrong. The install path seems correct, though.

Assuming you are using my file from this thread, I don't understand how that can have happened???

I've attached a pic of my working, installed UMAE folder for comparison.

Does the hood show up in your main hoods menu?

Maybe the file got corrupted during download? Removing the excess suburbs etc will not fix it. Try deleting the whole UMAE folder, download a fresh copy of my file and install again from scratch.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#95 Old 20th May 2021 at 7:23 PM Last edited by samthecleanfreak : 21st May 2021 at 4:06 AM.
Default That was weird...

Something is very weird there.

Thanks for your help--that was the underlying issue preventing me from making it work! I've been happily enjoying your college town ever since. It's awesome!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#96 Old 5th Jun 2021 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by samthecleanfreak
Thanks for your help--that was the underlying issue preventing me from making it work! I've been happily enjoying your college town ever since. It's awesome!

So glad you could fix it!

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 12:55 AM
For anybody that wants this on Mac, go to the Sims 2 Super Collection app in the Applications folder, then right click, go to 'Show Package Contents', then Contents --> Assets --> TSData --> Res --> NeighbourhoodTemplate
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#98 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 3:50 PM
the map is everything i wanted! thank you very much
Test Subject
#99 Old 25th Feb 2023 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by istillplaythesims2
For anybody that wants this on Mac, go to the Sims 2 Super Collection app in the Applications folder, then right click, go to 'Show Package Contents', then Contents --> Assets --> TSData --> Res --> NeighbourhoodTemplate

For Catalina users actually is the same process but with the Expansion Pack select in Assets.

'Show Package Contents', then Contents --> Assets --> Expansion Pack --> University --> TSData --> Res --> NeighbourhoodTemplate
then paste the UMAE folder.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#100 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 8:43 AM
Thanks for posting those tips! Hope it helps someone.
Page 4 of 5