Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Different Kind of Home

by JRW Posted 29th Mar 2008 at 2:55 AM - Updated 7th Apr 2008 at 4:21 PM by JRW

319 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 282 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 13
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#126 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucysgottagrin
Is there any way I can get just the Rubix cube home, and nothing else? Or should I just download the whole lot, and then delete the rest?

Deleting the other sceneries would be the only way.
But why should you choose to do so?
Test Subject
#127 Old 13th May 2008 at 11:14 PM
OMG! This lot is madness! I felt my sanity slipping away just looking at the pictures of it.

I absolutely must have it....

I'm gonna look up ways to turn it into a community lot,like a gallery or amusement park! Would that be problematic?

Thanks for sharing such a creative project!!!
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 16th May 2008 at 10:25 PM
This is the most insane and creative home ever! Great job, it sure took a lot of skill and time no doubt and a lot of imagination.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 17th May 2008 at 9:47 AM
Marry me.

Cor blimey... the chess pieces... cor.

If I could make a lot president of the world, this would be it. =]
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 18th May 2008 at 12:30 PM
i couldnt make something like this if i worked my entire poor simming life

()()
( ':')
c(ll)(ll) Prison Break Rules
Test Subject
#131 Old 19th May 2008 at 11:59 AM
... *jaw hits floor*
AMAZING! SPECTACULAR!
Thanks! I only wish I had the EP to download it!
Test Subject
#132 Old 19th May 2008 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Simulated_Sim : 19th May 2008 at 9:12 PM.
Looks good, Espically The Rubix Cube
IDC If it needs nightlife. I'll download it anyway, then i'll make just the Rubix Cube as a house for my sims to live in.

[EDIT]Oh right, I don't have seasons either. I'll be right back with my results.

[EDIT]Ok...It works, just a few items flashing blue. You can replace those if you want. I wish I knew how you did the Rubix Cube so I could make my own

I'm just another one of those simulated Sims.
Test Subject
#133 Old 21st May 2008 at 10:07 AM
Astounding... like a tumble down some sim rabbit hole.
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 21st May 2008 at 2:05 PM
LOL, this is by far the coolest house I've seen.

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong

- Oscar Wilde
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:09 PM
This is truely a unique work of Art.... Yanno there should be awards given out for sim creations of this magnitude. I can't imagine how many hours it took to complete it but all I can say is it's extremely well done and most definately Unique!

You've earned your new title of "Build Master" all others pale in comparison lol.
otherwords.... Great Job!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't compare your life to others,
You have no idea what their journey is about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test Subject
#136 Old 25th May 2008 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simulated_Sim
IDC If it needs nightlife. I'll download it anyway, then i'll make just the Rubix Cube as a house for my sims to live in.

[EDIT]Oh right, I don't have seasons either. I'll be right back with my results.

[EDIT]Ok...It works, just a few items flashing blue. You can replace those if you want. I wish I knew how you did the Rubix Cube so I could make my own

I too would love to know how you did the Rubix Cube without using columns to support the third floor. I can't find a downloadable item for an invisible column anywhere, and I can't find a corresponding built-in cheat for build mode, but I'm very new at building "outside the box" so to speak (using cheats and other work-arounds), so I could just be missing something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#137 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NKfloofiepoof
I too would love to know how you did the Rubix Cube without using columns to support the third floor. I can't find a downloadable item for an invisible column anywhere, and I can't find a corresponding built-in cheat for build mode, but I'm very new at building "outside the box" so to speak (using cheats and other work-arounds), so I could just be missing something.

Simply build what you want to build on columns or walls, and then erase that support. This is what I did. A very common trick. No cheats needed.
And again, thank you allllllll for your feedbacks
Test Subject
#138 Old 27th May 2008 at 5:42 PM
Absolutly amazing....... Like WOW OMG!! Thanks soooooooo much!! *quickly opens up the game to see if it installed* Its perfect! Thanks!
Test Subject
#139 Old 28th May 2008 at 8:16 PM
wow! I am speechless looking at this amazing lot. I know this takes a TON of knowledge about wall and floor tile configuration, not to mention plenty of patience, i mean look at all those curves and angles!!! Holy crap this is good. lol Thank you for sharing this with us!
Test Subject
#140 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JRW
Deleting the other sceneries would be the only way.
But why should you choose to do so?

Oh! lol If I could, I would keep the whole thing. But my computer runs very slow, and I really want to use the Rubix cube for a certain family that's kinda big, so they tend to slow down the game already.
Test Subject
#141 Old 31st May 2008 at 11:59 PM
Oh man this is so cool, and i ironically just learned to solve a rubik's cube. Dangit i wish i had the expansion and stuff packs and i would download this in 1/1000 of a heartbeat.
A well deserved feature

I don't have a signature
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#142 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucysgottagrin
Oh! lol If I could, I would keep the whole thing. But my computer runs very slow, and I really want to use the Rubix cube for a certain family that's kinda big, so they tend to slow down the game already.

Yeah, I hear you, slow computers can be deadly annoying.
However, I don’t think deleting those sceneries would be quite simple. Curved floors and walls tend to be extremely stubborn when it comes to deleting. It would also leave a great empty space in your lot, so better fill it up with something surreal enough to match your Rubik’s house.

beatlemania,
my record in solving a Rubik’s Cube is somewhat below 2 minutes, it’s not really that hard, all you have to do is remember the trick... LOL

Thanks everybody
Test Subject
#143 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 5:38 PM
WOW!!! this is definately the most amazing house i have ever seen, thank you so much for making and sharing this :D
Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 4:08 AM
A very different house! It's beautiful!! I love it! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 9:56 PM
OH MY GOD. sweet.... *hits the "thanks" button* KU-DOUGHZ
Test Subject
#146 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 6:42 AM
Eeeek! What kind of house is that? I love the rubiks cube and the chess board really much, they are sooo unique. Not downloading, though. My comp is tremendously slow.
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 1:43 AM
Oh My Gosh, This house is AMAZING!! I am in awe of your talent here.
WOW
Test Subject
#148 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 9:21 PM
This is freaken surreal. Please understand that's a good thing.

Yurei fangirl, still looking for good yurei hair. Long, black and in the face, like Sadako from Ringu. (The girl in the well in The Ring)
Test Subject
#149 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 7:22 PM
I just died and went to heaven! BEST LOT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-P

"Hey there anal-dwelling butt monkey!" BoolProp Addict speaking.
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:37 AM
This is just TOO AMAZING!
I'm at a loss for words!
I would install this if I had all the expansion packs...
Sadly, I only have the original. v_v
Page 6 of 13