Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weapons System

by desecrate Posted 18th May 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:41 AM by desecrate : Added translations; verified compatibility with patch 1.47

1334 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 887 Feedback Posts, 446 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 54
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#126 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cozmikbrown
A note to that one. I can get the weapons but when I go to click on them in live mode, it says no actions available.

The object showing no actions could happen if you haven't installed the WeaponsLib package.
Not being able to move the object to inventory is related with framework not working.
For getting it to work on Mac, maybe Liddylulu can help:
Quote: Originally posted by Liddylulu
I works I got the frame work working offically mac
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 31st May 2010 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lg78
Hello desecrate
I am francais and it is to know if you could translate the mod from it francais
Sino I installed(settled) the mod with delphy monkey fitter or a thing(trick) as his(her,its) and he(she,it) do not walk(work)
If you could help me?
Thank you

Il n'y a pas grand chose à traduire, "shoot" tu sais que ça veux dire "tirer dessus", n'est-ce pas ?...
Tu t'es servis du programme monkey de Delphy, mais tu dois avoir le fichier nommé "resource.cfg" correctement installé dans le dossier des sims 3 + tous les disques additionnels et kits que tu as (tu fais copier coller dans les dossiers program files ....destination aventure et inspiration loft si tu les as) tu dois avoir également dans chaque sous dossiers appelés game/bin le fichier "d3dx9_31.dll", grâce au monkey install helper, ils sont installés mais tu dois également les installer manuellement dans les autres dossiers de jeu. Ton mod placé dans un des dossiers sims 3 mods/packages (le dernier jeu ou disque additionnel installé donc tu dois peut-être faire un copier coller du dossier mods installé par le monkey helper et le glisser dedans ...) Suis-je assez claire ? Je ne sais pas si tu as d'autres mods installés mais je fais comme si tu n'en as pas en espérant que ça va t'aider.
Je vais peut-être donner la traduction française si personne d'autre ne se dévoue...
Test Subject
#128 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 2:29 AM
Well, crap.

I guess I have to reinstall this now. :P
Banned
#129 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:10 PM
Um, the guns won't work after the newest WA patch, not for me anyway. When I click shoot the sim just stands there and does nothing until i remove the gun from the inventory :S
Test Subject
#130 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 9:53 PM
I also can't get the guns to go in the inventory. Please could you fix this.
Test Subject
#131 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
hehe great mod o_O just be carefull not to kill any ghosts :/ as the will be bugged ad stay in the lot dead forever i just dont understand how can u kill something when its already dead??? lol ooo and something else in case u have trouble with the guns..for excample...couldnt put the in the inventory or they didnt worked when the camera mod came out...it may be because of another mod interfering with the weapon system :P
Test Subject
#132 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Swain
Um, the guns won't work after the newest WA patch, not for me anyway. When I click shoot the sim just stands there and does nothing until i remove the gun from the inventory :S

I have this problem as well, it is not just you and you described perfectly exactly what I was about to put :D
Banned
#133 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by junkfooded
I have this problem as well, it is not just you and you described perfectly exactly what I was about to put :D

Probably something to do with the new patch >.> as usual with any mod
I've had to revert back to killing sims the old fashioned way which takes ages
Creator please fix this soon!
Test Subject
#134 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 4:48 PM
It's THE BEST MOD!!!
Alchemist
#135 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 12:12 AM
This is an awesome mod, Definitely need more of this kind of thing in the game.
For people having trouble with interactions not coming up after updating to the most recent patch/Ambitions: Having looked around at other mods to see if they need to be updated for Ambitions, I think this seems to be a problem with the patch/Ambitions. So, basically, I think the way to get it working is wait patiently for an update.
Test Subject
#136 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 5:32 AM
after doing the amb guide the gun crashes the game shame, the only killing mod that works is dexter hope you update ur gun and the magic guy updates his wand 0.0
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:34 PM
Woot! Thanks a ton!
Test Subject
#138 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:42 PM
This is awesome, once i get my sims working again i'm gonna make a sniping balcony and take down the paper boy that makes fun of me.
Test Subject
#139 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:12 PM
please update it for ambitions even dex is broke and magic the only way i canm kill someone is that moodlet mod 0.0 and its boreing waiting fort them to die in fire
Test Subject
#140 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:31 AM
yeh...waiting for the ambitions update...Also would i be able to use it with base game+Ambitions i.e without the boring WA? Since the ambitions has got this photography carrier and all...
Test Subject
#141 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:30 AM
Great job man! I see you're getting closer to those goals you set^^ best of luck.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.
If you seek peace, prepare for war.
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:25 AM
Quickly update it for Ambitions plox!

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:35 AM
uhm now ur updating the mod to 1.12 i wanna say a lil bug,
when i shoot if there are multiple sims around sometimes the worng one dies
(not the one i aimed but one at the very edge of the screen)
is there anyone else that haves this problem too??
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#144 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:50 PM Last edited by desecrate : 6th Jun 2010 at 2:09 PM.
I've just updated the mod for the latest patch 1.12/2.7/3.3 and Ambitions.
You'll just need to redownload the WeaponsLib package.

Quote: Originally posted by maththijs
when i shoot if there are multiple sims around sometimes the worng one dies
(not the one i aimed but one at the very edge of the screen)
is there anyone else that haves this problem too??

Hmm... maybe the wind changed the bullet trajectory so that it would hit the other sim?...
Ok seriously, it happens sometimes that sims that are not excatly at center get shot, this is because with the current camera interface I can't really know if a Sim is on the center.
I just get the distance from center till the target's center point and the % of space the target ocupies in the screen. From that I try to calculate aproximately if the target would be on center or not.
I tried to make it work for most cases, but sometimes it's possible for someone that's closer to be hit when he shouldn't, or if he's too far away, he might not be hit even if it's perfectly in the center of the shot.
Just think about it as the effects a real sharp shooter would encounter every day, like wind, air pressure, gravity or just a misaligned sight...
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desecrate
I've just updated the mod for the latest patch 1.12/2.7/3.3 and Ambitions.
You'll just need to redownload the WeaponsLib package.

Thank you !!
Test Subject
#146 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 3:50 PM
would i be able to use it with base game+Ambitions i.e without the WA?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#147 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vinci
would i be able to use it with base game+Ambitions i.e without the WA?

I never tried with ambitions, but it should work the same as with base game only - The camera interface might not look so nice as with WA, but it should work fine.
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
Please help! I have the latest update, have all 3 placed in the Mods folder, and I have deleted all conflicting mods... Why won't it work yet?
Test Subject
#149 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:27 AM
I can buy them but I can't pick it up and use it!
Test Subject
#150 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:46 AM
the update does not work for me
Page 6 of 54