Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weapons System

by desecrate Posted 18th May 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2013 at 9:41 AM by desecrate : Added translations; verified compatibility with patch 1.47

1334 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 887 Feedback Posts, 446 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 54
Test Subject
#151 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:10 AM
this rocks, if there was a sims 3 online then we'd be playing a REALLY FUNNY Modern Warfare 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#152 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ThomasJLitchford
Please help! I have the latest update, have all 3 placed in the Mods folder, and I have deleted all conflicting mods... Why won't it work yet?
I can buy them but I can't pick it up and use it!

It sounds more like you don't have the framework (d3dx9_31.dll) installed correctly - Check the overview page for instructions.
If you've recently installed a new EP (like Ambitions), remember the framework needs to be installed for all EPs for mods to work.
Test Subject
#153 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
What is d3dx9_31.dll ??? Is that the Desecrate Weapons Lib ?
Test Subject
#154 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:31 PM
I have them installed in the main Game plus 2 EPs :-\ and it still won't work!
Test Subject
#155 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM
Wait! Is d3dx9_31.dll something totally different needed for mods to work for Ambitions???
Test Subject
#156 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:08 PM
OK I put d3dx9_31.dll in my Ambitions folder Game Bin Folder

It still doesn't work

I am going to restart my computer to see if that is needed...
Test Subject
#157 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:47 PM
OMG IT WORKS NOW!!! I forgot to install the new Resource.cfg !!! BRILLIANT MOD!!! THANK YOU DESECRATE
Test Subject
#158 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 5:49 PM
Anybody who has troubles please look at this!!!

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ch_1.12/2.7/3.3
Test Subject
#159 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:34 PM
Omg..... This is awesome!!! But I nearly cried when it said I need WA.... I don't have
Test Subject
#160 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:46 PM
Thanks for the fast update to Ambitions, my weapons miss me :-)

(Sorry for my occasionnaly poor english)

Seilyne alias Ephi
Lab Assistant
#161 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:47 PM
Thanks for updating :-)
Mad Poster
#162 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
thank you a ton of the ambitions update!

hey, think of it this way: if you didn't want to buy world adventures before, this weapon mod could be a reason for you to get it. :P
Test Subject
#163 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:28 AM
GUYS !!! it is worth the price! just buy the EPS!!! You are missing out !!!! YoTHu will never enjoy the total Sims Experience if you don't get them!!! :-) THIS MOD IS AMAZING!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#164 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pollynine
Omg..... This is awesome!!! But I nearly cried when it said I need WA.... I don't have

It does work without WA...
You can use it with just the base game! the camera interface looks a bit diferent without WA, but it's not so bad after the latest 1.12 base game patch.
WA is a cool EP that I recomend, but you don't need to buy it just to use this mod...
Test Subject
#165 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:51 AM
Hey I was wondering... where did you get the assassin hoodie for the character in the photo?
He sorta looks like Kylar from the night angel trilogy.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desecrate
It does work without WA...
You can use it with just the base game! the camera interface looks a bit diferent without WA, but it's not so bad after the latest 1.12 base game patch.
WA is a cool EP that I recomend, but you don't need to buy it just to use this mod...

that's interesting. but in that case, i would imagine that the 'camera' view actually takes on the look of the interface used to take cellphone pictures ?
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:36 AM
Yay Its Updated!!!

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#168 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Firebird19
Hey I was wondering... where did you get the assassin hoodie for the character in the photo?
He sorta looks like Kylar from the night angel trilogy.

It is actually the Grim Reaper's Robes.

Quote: Originally posted by Firebird19
that's interesting. but in that case, i would imagine that the 'camera' view actually takes on the look of the interface used to take cellphone pictures ?

Not quite. The actual WA camera system is included in base game since patch 1.4, only the text/sounds for the camera controls require WA. So the camera works fine without WA, it just won't show the camera controls text and info (before the latest 1.12 patch it would show wierd text instead).
I did try using the cellphone camera system that looks nicer and would work for all EPs, but unfortunately it's not able to recognize the sims and objects in the picture.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:23 PM
Desecrate_WeaponsLib - this Mod is incompatible !!! I receive a message notifying them of the error.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#170 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dexter169
Desecrate_WeaponsLib - this Mod is incompatible !!! I receive a message notifying them of the error.

If you're using the latest patch and the new Mods folder in My Documents, you should get a warning message that this mod (or any other game mods) may modify the normal game behaviour (which is the main purpose of modding).
But it shouldn't say it's incompatible! make sure you've downloaded package from the latest (after June 6th) Desecrate_WeaponsLib.zip
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 7:05 AM
I'm on the latest patch but for some strange reason I still cannot add the guns to my inventory.

Re-downloaded the latest version as well, no luck. Help please

Quote: Originally posted by ThomasJLitchford
Anybody who has troubles please look at this!!!

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ch_1.12/2.7/3.3

Nice, six posts in a row. Try clicking the EDIT button next time.

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#172 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HsK.DaMiAnz
I'm on the latest patch but for some strange reason I still cannot add the guns to my inventory.

It sounds more like you don't have the framework (d3dx9_31.dll) installed correctly - Check the overview page for instructions.
If you've recently installed a new EP (like Ambitions), remember the framework needs to be installed for all EPs for mods to work.
Test Subject
#173 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:18 AM
great weapon mod just a couble questions

1 where did you get the hood in the screenshot
2 any plans for ammo
3 any plans for a rocket launcher
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#174 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunova
1 where did you get the hood in the screenshot
2 any plans for ammo
3 any plans for a rocket launcher

1 It is actually the Grim Reaper's Robes.
2 I'm planning on Ammo Type options for some weapons, for changing from bullets to tranquilizer darts and things like that. But I'm not planning on having the weapons run out of ammo where you would have to buy more to reload, if that's what you mean... There's just a 25§ bullet cost per shot.
3 I don't know that much about object making, but if someone would make a rocket launcher mesh, I could add the object script to the WeaponsLib so that it would work kind of like a rocket launcher
Test Subject
#175 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:56 PM
Hi, i appreciate about this mod. but however this mod make the spirit in sims 3 ambition invisible.. and thus making my sim who is a ghost catcher impossible to complete the duty.. will the next coming update solve this problem? and btw if i remove all the 3 files which u posted will it affect my save game? my active family have yet purchase either of the weapons. a confirmation on this would be deeply appreciated ... thx in advance
Page 7 of 54